Publish 111 Bug Fix "nearest hostile" still not fixed

MerusMerus Posts: 656
@Mesanna @Bleak

Publish 111 indicated that the bug related to classic client targeting not finding a hostile to target was fixed.  However, it is still not working properly.  This issue goes back several years.  Could this get another look please? 

Below is a screen grab from a short video I recorded playing tonight clearly showing my character under attack yet not getting a target.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Not a good screenshot, the close targets are dead, the live ones may be too far away,
    I have to say I also have experienced this too still”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • A more advanced "nearest target" needs to be introduced.  One that takes arguments, like maximum distance, target type, etc.   e.g. you should be able to effectively say nearest target within 10 tiles, 8 tiles, 1 tile, etc.

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Yoshi said:
    “Not a good screenshot, the close targets are dead, the live ones may be too far away,
    I have to say I also have experienced this too still”
    Yes, it’s not the clearest screen grab, but there is a live gargoyle right next to me and a live imp within a few tiles.  There are clearly damage numbers coming off me and no targets found.

I would love if the forums allowed me to post the 2 minute video.  It happens repeatedly over the video.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2021
    In any game, the targeting system is critical and if it's not working as unintended, the urgency is the same as if a server is down.

Imagine if any of the fps games out there has targeting and aiming bugs, they would get alot of complaints.

There is a post by @dvvid about the related issue with targeting, ghost, target summons, or target behind the wall.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2021
    "you're making a big deal out of this?

Have you ever tried to grab 10 orange players' bars in PvP? and when i say moving players, i mean others moving on a different client, it literally is not possible (even using CTRL + SHIFT) unless they stop to cast. So that limits you to targetting only mages who stop moving. There's a bar limit of around 10 so if you grab all of your ally bars, you cannot also pull all 10 enemy bars even if it was possible. 

So you then use select nearest hostile, and it brings up dead mobiles (even dead horses - of which each player has multiple), ally criminals/reds, ally criminal/red summons/pets , & even neutral animals....
    Only on official client you get killed because of a magpie has flown on screen, 
    you know how many sheep there are around Yew?

there's no mobiles bar on official CC, 
    In group fights it is unplayable to use official classic client. I am constantly being shouted at for taking too long to scroll through 20 invalid targets before pulling the correct target - too late by then target has switched or gone out of range or am dead from standing in range too long trying to select target.

I am sick of being shouted at tbh. I just run around with Unofficial client users as meat shield.

CC must have mobiles bar like EC & unofficial client if it is to survive

In the time it takes for official client user to scroll through 20 invalid targets, unofficial client users can cast at least 3 spells or swing multiple times.
    What is motivation for using official client now? I am not receiving any positives other than less likely to crash"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Once they said they'd fixed ghost mobs then wouldn't even acknowledge they hadn't i realized and accepted that we've been abandoned for new legacy we'll get clicky shiny and new"old" of stuff but nothing else...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • The targeting bugs surely affect New Legacy as well.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The targeting bugs surely affect New Legacy as well.
    This my biggest fear putting all the eggs in one basket then showing it to the world on 25th anniversary oh why yes the decades old bugs were so good we included them...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...