Hythloth Lvl 3 Teleport Room should have a fixed Barlon spawn

and everyone should agree and think this is a good idea unless you are one of those lol. 

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “It does, there are 3 fixed Balron spawn locations, not sure what you mean”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    The room that can only be reached by using the teleport tile. On my shard no fixed barlon is spawn there. So if you clear that room, it doesn't guarantee another barlon will spawn in that room. 
  • Hm... :) B a r l o n ... must be a new monster...;)

.... to the theme: What fixed balrons spawns do you speak???(*confused*)  Old there is only one balron, now there are four..   The room i supposed you mean must be the dead cell with is hytloth level 4 ;). H3 have two rooms with hidden teleport tiles.

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Needs an opposite slayer type that always spawns as a paragon....does diminishing returns and the way you get teleported to prison like in blackthorns not work in every dungeon 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    "hmm, what shard do you play on? Have you tried the fel facet, I am speaking of fel"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I don't think it's a good idea for really small shards. Might as well delete that part of the dungeon.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited November 2021
    Oops, sorry for the typo, yes it is Balron!

and when I say fix Balron spawn I'm referring to the current event, not in general!

So these are the 2 teleport rooms on Level 3 I'm referring to. They can only be reached by using the teleport tiles outside the rooms. 

What I'm suggesting is, Balron should be a guaranteed spawn in these 2 rooms for this event. @McDougle suggestion works as well if the opposite slayer mob is strong enough, para wisp in this event is just too weak, so having a Balron to spawn for certain in these 2 rooms is good enough. 

• Makes no sense to me. For what reason?

“The first square is a fixed Barron spawn on Atlantic (fel)”
    edited November 2021
    Makes no sense to me. For what reason?

prevent scripting bots farming all day long! This is a relatively safe spot because no one can lure a para Balron onto them in particularly in Tram there is nothing you can really do about those bots: ) Right now the only way those bots will die is the random spawn in the room is a Balron and if they are (not) lucky enough that Balron turns into para, which could take hours before that happens. Make sense now? 
  • Most changes makes it harder for the common Player and scripter always find the hole in the changes.
    Special on low populated Server it's getting harder.

That's why I wrote that a balron makes no sense.
    edited November 2021
    Yes, it is best to find a way to deal with robots without affecting the real players.

Paragons are designed to stop macroers. But if someone can clear the paragons it becomes easier for me to kill the rest without getting targeted by them. The same also applies to Atlantic. 

The only problem I find affecting real players are the multi-boxers because they can kill faster than real players. The way to stop them is not put 10 paragon balrons in that room. But to trigger an alert to the GM if someone perform same spell, in split second intervals, with say 5 or more accounts, at the same spot, to target the same monster.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    i have found they stack three char a weaver a tamer and a sampire ...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited November 2021
    Most changes makes it harder for the common Player and scripter always find the hole in the changes.

As i said you must be one of those.  Normal player won’t bother with 1 or 2 rooms when you’ve got 4 other floors to play. 

How is that different than having a para balron wandering at the opening area that you can’t kill ? Now your reasoning doesn’t make any sense and the more I think, the more I think you’re just one of those scripters. 
    edited November 2021
    Seth said:
    Yes, it is best to find a way to deal with robots without affecting the real players.
    Keep asking to find a way to solve it without offering a solution to solve it isn't solving a problem. In fact, there is no perfect way to solve any issue there is always pros and cons. 

Now again, my suggestion is based on the current anti scripters solution and if there is any workaround to fight again this paragon thing, then it is this paragon approach that needs to be revised. 

If the game is still trying to use paragon to fight scripters, then my suggestion is to add a fix Balron spawn in those 2 teleport rooms as it is currently the loophole, as the currently it isn't working the way it is supposed to be there. 

edited November 2021
    McDougle said:
    Someone auto follow characters run around kill paragons… whatever that is good or bad, they can make it harder or do anything to them but don’t make it harder for my solo warrior who is already dying a lot with 75 and 80 resist. Lol

its like pvp, change evasion whatever but don’t apply the same to pvm, I dislike collateral damage. It feels lazy on someone.
    edited November 2021
    Seth said:
    McDougle said:
    Someone auto follow characters run around kill paragons… whatever that is good or bad, they can make it harder or do anything to them but don’t make it harder for my solo warrior who is already dying a lot with 75 and 80 resist. Lol

It won't make it any harder, in fact, it helps you confine a para balron in a room which you CAN'T kill and it actually make it EASIER for you, instead of having one wandering in the open space. Think it throught if you are a real player and see if my thread will turn into a thread which can identify all the scripters in this forum. 
    Aragorn said:
    Seth said:
    McDougle said:

It won't make it any harder, in fact, it helps you confine a para balron in a room which you CAN'T kill and it actually make it EASIER for you, instead of having one wandering in the open space. 
    It stops solo warriors from going in. In fact that is what I look out for before popping in. If they put they better put 2 or 3 because a single scripter can farm paragon balron.
    edited November 2021
    Seth said:
    If they put they better put 2 or 3 because a single scripter can farm paragon balron.
    I haven't seen any single scripter on my shard that can kill a para balron when they are farming unattended. Now I think they need a better script. What I did see, was that they moved from open space to the 2 teleport rooms. 
    If they are macroing unattended, it works to page gm and give them the character names that are afk macroers. I have seen players sent to the bath and accounts suspended.
  • @Aragorn....

You don't really believe that they will add a fix here in the last remaining days until 04.12. when this Treasures of Event end .... if anyone of the devs has even read this - which I doubt....

Para balrons won't prevent the problem in such zones much either, especially as room farming again seems to be an observed problem on certain servers - not on all.

No matter what you come up with as a solution - there will always be someone who is smarter and will turn their nose up at your solution and not give a damn about it ;)  

So calm down and live with it for the last 8 days :)

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

@ Aragorn....

You don't really believe that they will add a fix here in the last remaining days until 04.12. when this Treasures of Event end .... if anyone of the devs has even read this - which I doubt....

Para balrons won't prevent the problem in such zones much either, especially as room farming again seems to be an observed problem on certain servers - not on all.

No matter what you come up with as a solution - there will always be someone who is smarter and will turn their nose up at your solution and not give a damn about it ;)  

Well, can I just say this should be taken into consideration for all future events. All the events are just repeating stuff isn't it ; )
    Seth said:
    If they are macroing unattended, it works to page gm and give them the character names that are afk macroers. I have seen players sent to the bath and accounts suspended.
    Yah, so let's increase the human work load when an automated solution can pretty much solve the issue = )
    edited November 2021
    Putting a balron there affects other players who are paying for the game.
    Getting a GM is what they are paid to do.

If I pay money and still have to think about whether its faster to manually put a paragon balron there on 20 over shards, or whether my pool of GM has enough time or manpower, then I might as well work for Broadsword. So many of us try to pretend we are shareholders. I don't give a xxxx how they do it, but do what you can as long as it does not affect my game.

All I can say is that I will be pissed if someone place a Paragon Balron at a fixed location there and I will not be able to access unless I want to see grey screen. At least right now I don't see anyone on the 3 shards that I play that are hogging the place.

Maybe you should let them know which shard has that scripters so they can put 10 paragon balrons there, only that shard. Then you don't have to worry about whether they have manpower to handle 20 over shards and creating unnecessary problems for the rest.
    edited November 2021
    You still don't see it and not playing the game smartly. 

I'm asking to place a Balron in the room so there is a chance it will turn in to a para version if it is killed by the normal mechanism, not a para one to begin with so stop twisting my suggestion. 

As a normal player, and how I have been doing and what I have said in this forum right at the beginning of this event, is to leave the normal balron alone, kill everything else in the room and then leave. In this case the normal one will never turn into a para.  AND if it does, leave the room alone, go somewhere else like what YOU (while soloing para balron is not an issue for me) will do if one appears in the open space. 

You keep say placing a fix Balron there WILL affect your game play which make no sense to me at all. It will only affect scripters not a normal (smart) player.  You are just not playing the game smart enough. 
  • Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 245
    edited November 2021
    Aragorn said:
    @ Aragorn....

Well, can I just say this should be taken into consideration for all future events. All the events are just repeating stuff isn't it ; )

Indeed.... that's how it will be - today and in the future! As long as I've been playing UO - and that's not just since yesterday, but almost continuously for almost 22 years now - there's been botting and scripting for all it's worth, and every supposed solution that the developers had and have built in has been undone by smarter people somewhere in the real world - and has led to mostly irreparable difficulties in the game, not only for those who have complained massively about it - but also again and again for the large mass of other players who basically maybe didn't even give a shit ;).

Whoever makes suggestions for something here in UO shouldn't - and this is my firm conviction - always start blindly and demand improvements - mostly only for themselves, but should know that the boomerang will always come back to them - as nice as that might look at the beginning and solve the problem, I might get angry about it again one day. That has also happened here often enough in this game.

We all - and this is a fact - get annoyed when these stupid para-balrons appear. We get annoyed on Atlantic, on Sonoma - where you obviously play and we get annoyed on Drachenfels, where I play.
    We don't have the event on Felu, but I can say that on Drachenfels we definitely experience Balrons spawning in said teleport rooms as well.
    I don't care basically what didn't work for you on Sonoma with this Treasures of Event - I can only speak for my Shard - for Drachenfels, and we don't have those problems there. At least not in Hythloth Level 3, where Trismegistos and I mostly play, and I can tell you, there is no botting or scripting as far as I could tell - on the contrary. I'm mostly struggling for health reasons, which are now massively raining down on me in my mid-50s, and which are not entirely without their impact (cataracts and carpal tunnel syndrome). I can't see these little beasts from Imps and Hellhounds so well any more, and I can't always pull out the target so quickly, because I'm admittedly too stupid to set up the right macro for them, but I don't let that spoil my fun. The Balis already spoil my fun often enough, next to those tin-wearing idiots on their equally tin-covered riding cucumbers, who constantly have to put these Goldis in front of your feet ;)  I really die-a-loth there in this dungeon ;)

If the normal player knows that the normal Balron respawns "normally" until the RNG says again.... ."so ... and now another Paragon - and the second one right after it";) - and it bothers me as a normal player that he's running around, I park him somewhere - e.g. like in this so helpful thread with tips in front of the stairs ;) or where he doesn't bother much else, but I finally get to my normal game down there on the level - at least until the next idiot tin can comes and has to kill all the balrons again ;)
    Don't you think son botter or scripter won't have the same idea and dispose of it beforehand?

There is always a thread with tips for each of these events made by very specific people here - maybe we should refrain from doing that in the future, so that exactly these bots could not adjust their gameplay to it? Would that then be the best solution for you and all the others here - with the "oh so lively" conversation on the part of the devs with us players?

UO is a "learning by doing" game - you have a problem - so find your own solution!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Aragorn said:
    Most changes makes it harder for the common Player and scripter always find the hole in the changes.

As i said you must be one of those.  Normal player won’t bother with 1 or 2 rooms when you’ve got 4 other floors to play. 

How is that different than having a para balron wandering at the opening area that you can’t kill ? Now your reasoning doesn’t make any sense and the more I think, the more I think you’re just one of those scripters. 

Why do you assume something about me without knowing me. Only because somebody has other thoughts about the situation it is not a scripter or an enemy. So please stay neutral and post smart.

I support Mene's position and i think i have no reason to  post another statement in this thread.

Aragorn said:
    @ Aragorn....

I can only speak for my Shard - for Drachenfels, and we don't have those problems there. At least not in Hythloth Level 3, where Trismegistos and I mostly play, and I can tell you, there is no botting or scripting as far as I could tell - on the contrary.

I see it now, and just because you can't see the issue! Easy easy, make the change on those shards which have scripter reported. I'm sure all scripters will then move to Drachenfels to farm then you'll know the pain and then we can discuss : )
    Aragorn said:

I support Mene's position and i think i have no reason to  post another statement in this thread.

Agreed, there is really no reason for you to respond as you don't see the issue yourself. I actually prefer to talk to someone who has seen the issue him/herself otherwise it's difficult to expect any smart responds from them 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    LS has no doors except for the one in the tele room.

We have 3 Balrons that can spawn in the larger room with our only door.  I have not looked in the other for that.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.