The Daemon Heads are 52 ?

Unless I counted wrong, there is 6 styles of heads times 8 anti-Virtue Dungeons plus 4 rare ones.

That makes a total of 52 for a full Collection (not to mention doubles...).

Is that so ?

Another stressing addition to players' already very much stressed storage abilities without the Developers adding anything to "ease up" players' storage issues.... how uncool.....

Comments

• murumuru Posts: 1
    normal 4 styles x 8   -> 32
    rare 4styles x 4 -> 16

total 48
  • Then don't go for them. Easy.  Once again only YOU are looking for something to moan about.  Buy a second acct, get another home

Play the Game

STOP CRYING

Once again, you only speak for yourself NOT the player base

Its not stressing or uncool. You however.........
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Not even going to try for the heads.  I will start throwing them on a vendor soon enough, thinking 5 million per head
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    There are only 4 styles. 

Has it been confirmed that each rare can have all 4 styles?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited November 2021
    Pawain said:
    There are only 4 styles. 

Well, the image at UO CAH https://www.uo-cah.com/events/horrors-of-the-dark

Shows 6 types....

As for the rare ones, they say "at least 1 type" for "Ilshenar", "Britannia", "Termur" and suspected Tokuno which it would make it 4 heads total....
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    It’s not “uncool”.  You don’t have any obligation to get all of them. 

I’d like to see a little more storage in the game as well but you make it work by not hanging onto tons of stuff that you don’t need to hang onto. If you are hoarding things, that’s on you. 

But to say that the devs are being uncool for adding new items to the game to acquire is really off the mark. As if they are adding items just to stress out the hoarders of UO. Pretty ridiculous in my opinion. 
    edited November 2021
     popps said:
    Pawain said:
    There are only 4 styles. 

Shows 6 types....

As for the rare ones, they say "at least 1 type" for "Ilshenar", "Britannia", "Termur" and suspected Tokuno which it would make it 4 heads total....
    The white ones are the rares. You really can not see that they are the same graphic as the others?

My bad luck is working. Almost 40 common ones and no rares.

18 belts.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited November 2021
    With how easy these things drop - you should be able to complete a set for cheap. They are selling on ATL for under 250k and we are only a few days into the spawn. That is compared to the dart board drops from the last dynamic spawn that were selling for 10's of million even towards the end.

Wait another week or so and they will probably be thrown on the ground as they aren't worth any cleanup points (stupid). So easy solution here is do the spawn as you can for a week or 2 and then start filling gaps. Stop trying to create an issue where there isn't one.
    d.
  • Rpopps said:
    Pawain said:
    There are only 4 styles. 

Shows 6 types....

So why did you start this stupid thread when YOU know the answer? And then correct others that’s don’t know as if you are the all knowing oracle. Mate you need to get yourself looked at. Mental health is nothing to ignore you are are clearly in need of help 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    popps said:
    Unless I counted wrong, there is 6 styles of heads times 8 anti-Virtue Dungeons plus 4 rare ones.

Is that so ?

Another stressing addition to players' already very much stressed storage abilities without the Developers adding anything to "ease up" players' storage issues.... how uncool.....
    Abundance of supply, non-shard bound, is cool. This is how to bring price down and make sure they are available everywhere and lower price, rather than on Auction boxes. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited November 2021
    dvvid said:

I’d like to see a little more storage in the game as well but you make it work by not hanging onto tons of stuff that you don’t need to hang onto. If you are hoarding things, that’s on you. 

But to say that the devs are being uncool for adding new items to the game to acquire is really off the mark. As if they are adding items just to stress out the hoarders of UO. Pretty ridiculous in my opinion. 
    I am saying, that I find it uncool to add, with each Event, LOTS of new items to collect BUT, along with these new additions, there is hardly anything done to increase players' storage capacity.

The drops from Hythloth also add up... suit after suit, it is tens, hundreds of extra new items.... and now the Demonic Heads, tens and tens and tens extra new items to collect.... and then we have the new Windows and then we have also... etc. etc. etc.

And this is, Event after Event after Event....

All of these items add up and become, easily, after a few Events, THOUSANDS of extra new items to find room for.... yet, I do not see anyting done to help out players to increase their storage capacity.

Of course that all of this adds stress to gameplay....

Throw away older items ?

While a possibility, those items TOOK TIME to collect them... throwing them away would mean just cancelling out all of the time spent to gather them....

Take, for example, the items that players are collecting now in Hythloth and Tokuno, they have been costing hours, days, weeks of farming to collect to make suits or a complete Heads collection.... imagine how, a few months down the road, or a Year from now, in order to make room to new items which then will be made available, the same player who, today, has spent countless time to gather Hythloth drops and Tokuno Demonic Heads, will need to throw them away to make room for whatever new items will be made available down the road... what is the point of spending time today to collect them, if tomorrow they will have to be discarded to make room for whatever new items will be designed and introduced ?

I am sorry, but personally, I do find it uncool to see new items added, and a lot of them, without, alongside with their addition, ALSO increasing players' ability to store them.

At least, that is how I see it.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Add a second account problem solved next issue please 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Rpopps said:
    Pawain said:
    There are only 4 styles. 

Shows 6 types....

So why did you start this stupid thread when YOU know the answer? And then correct others that’s don’t know as if you are the all knowing oracle. Mate you need to get yourself looked at. Mental health is nothing to ignore you are are clearly in need of help 
    What if UO CAH is not exactly correct and there is more, or there is less ?

Having a public discussion is always better, since any player could pop up and post about a Head drop that they got which noone had a clue about...

And, consequentially, the number of the total heads available would then change....

These Forums are precisely to discuss things about UO yet, I have the impression as if some users would like to see the Forums empty, no posts around...

Go figure...
    edited November 2021
    Pawain said:
     popps said:
    Pawain said:
    There are only 4 styles. 

Shows 6 types....

The white ones are the rares. You really can not see that they are the same graphic as the others?

18 belts.
    You mean, the 2 white ones to the left side ?

My understanding was, at least from reading the UO Cah Link posted in an earlier post, that the rare type was this

And it is named the Archfiend head of (4 types) "Ilshenar", "Britannia", "Termur" and suspected Tokuno...

There is also rare types for the Anti-Virtue ones ?
  • Popps... the people on uo.cah are not god-knowing either ;), they passed on the knowledge at the level they had and that's ok. It's up to us to find out if this is the end or if there is more to discover.....

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    And as always he ignores every solution...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Popps... the people on uo.cah are not god-knowing either ;), they passed on the knowledge at the level they had and that's ok. It's up to us to find out if this is the end or if there is more to discover.....
    Precisely.....

And that is why I posted the question in the UO Forums.... to see whether there is anyone wanting to add their findings....
    edited November 2021
     U8popps said:
    Pawain said:
     popps said:
    Pawain said:
    There are only 4 styles. 

Shows 6 types....

18 belts.
    You mean, the 2 white ones to the left side ?

My understanding was, at least from reading the UO Cah Link posted in an earlier post, that the rare type was this

And it is named the Archfiend head of (4 types) "Ilshenar", "Britannia", "Termur" and suspected Tokuno...

There is also rare types for the Anti-Virtue ones ?
    I have no idea how you're reading what you are reading from their site.

They just happen to have a picture with four common ones and two rare ones.

There are four rare types that are white. The color in that picture is what I am calling white because that's what I see is white.

edited November 2021
    There was already a discussion on this.

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/9733/list-of-mask
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited November 2021
    ......annnnd another popps thread that will be sent to the thread cemetery...

@popps - Simple fact is that (you have been told this no less than a dozen times) don't need to collect every new piece in the game. If you do then pay for another max storage account (and however many you need). Help keep this game going with another subscription. At least that's how i see it.

IBTL
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    keven2002 said:
    Wait another week or so and they will probably be thrown on the ground as they aren't worth any cleanup points (stupid).

No need to wait a week; I picked up 5 of them from the ground today. LOL

As to why the developers made another set of collectibles and no new storage space; that's easy. They have learned that we UO players love to collect and hoard full sets of anything forever. In order to store more, we have to open another account. More accounts equals more money. It's actually a smart business move on their side.

If you don't want to open another account to store your collectibles; identify as Elsa and Let It Go!
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    dvvid said:

Don't worry I've never seen a Dev reply to his posts anyways ...

The Archfiend Mask does not look right when I added it to my Auction box. It looks like mounted to an invisible wall. 
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    I've said it before and will probably have to say it again. 

Unless you work for Broadsword or EA the only reason for UO is To Waste Time.

If you are playing UO for any other reason you are doing wrong.
    popps said:

Is that so ?

Free storage is available, use EJ account's character backpack. Unlimited accounts = unlimited free storage.  :D
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited November 2021
    popps said:
    Popps... the people on uo.cah are not god-knowing either ;), they passed on the knowledge at the level they had and that's ok. It's up to us to find out if this is the end or if there is more to discover.....
    Precisely.....

And that is why I posted the question in the UO Forums.... to see whether there is anyone wanting to add their findings....
    That picture was a picture from test center that showed 2 of the rare hue with the 4 normal nonhued nonrare ones. It does not say here are the six models.  It's merely to show you some normal and rare models under the text:

"Daemon Heads

Earned as random rewards while killing the spawn waves."

It does not say "these are the common drops".

Nothing on that page was incorrect. Stop trying to make it an issue.

Here is the thing about collections, Popps.  YOU the player makes the decision to collect or not.  That is your choice.  If you are out of room you have two choices, save your gold and get a larger house or GET ANOTHER ACCOUNT AND HOUSE.  That is what we have done through the years, that is what a vast majority of other uo players do.  You have to decide what collecting collections like this is worth to you.  

Also mannequins and the items on them don't use storage space, if you need to store treasures artifacts, you can use mannequins if you are that pressed for space.

I got a set of the common ones.  Over 50 masks so far and no Rares for me...

lol Popps got spanked By K.
    edited November 2021
    Pawain said:
    I got a set of the common ones.  Over 50 masks so far and no Rares for me...

lol Popps got spanked By K.
    At the current rate it will no longer be rare soon lol because each round is quite fast. And the final reward is so good now even Gargoyle can use. There is incentive to continue playing and collect the rewards and no incentive to fly them to sell in other shards because it's plentiful. This is the way it should be.

So sad that I didn't manage to get the wildfire Ostard and it's so expensive, and shard bound. 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    popps said:
    dvvid said:

I am saying, that I find it uncool to add, with each Event, LOTS of new items to collect BUT, along with these new additions, there is hardly anything done to increase players' storage capacity.

The drops from Hythloth also add up... suit after suit, it is tens, hundreds of extra new items.... and now the Demonic Heads, tens and tens and tens extra new items to collect.... and then we have the new Windows and then we have also... etc. etc. etc.

And this is, Event after Event after Event....

All of these items add up and become, easily, after a few Events, THOUSANDS of extra new items to find room for.... yet, I do not see anyting done to help out players to increase their storage capacity.

Of course that all of this adds stress to gameplay....

Throw away older items ?

While a possibility, those items TOOK TIME to collect them... throwing them away would mean just cancelling out all of the time spent to gather them....

Take, for example, the items that players are collecting now in Hythloth and Tokuno, they have been costing hours, days, weeks of farming to collect to make suits or a complete Heads collection.... imagine how, a few months down the road, or a Year from now, in order to make room to new items which then will be made available, the same player who, today, has spent countless time to gather Hythloth drops and Tokuno Demonic Heads, will need to throw them away to make room for whatever new items will be made available down the road... what is the point of spending time today to collect them, if tomorrow they will have to be discarded to make room for whatever new items will be designed and introduced ?

I am sorry, but personally, I do find it uncool to see new items added, and a lot of them, without, alongside with their addition, ALSO increasing players' ability to store them.

At least, that is how I see it.
    I didn’t say throw them away. I recommend selling what you don’t want. Lower prices over time… things eventually sell. I wouldn't throw stuff in the trash either. 

And to reiterate, you do not have to save all of the stuff you mentioned.  
  • Anyone who gets stressed out over a Video game, is doing it wrong, just sayin.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

This discussion has been closed.