New Mark of the Destroyer Belt vs. Crimson Cincture...

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited November 2021 in General Discussions
They are pretty much the same thing for HPI and HPR.

While the new Belt comes with MR 2, the Crimson Cincture comes with Dexterity +5....

Question is, which property, for that slot, is more needed, Mana Regen which can help regain Mana for specials, or added Dexterity which means more stamina to make it up for Curses debuffs as well as to better help Throwers and Archers to be able to swing at 1.25 more weapons ?

Comments

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Let us re phrase the question.Under what circumstances is each item more useful. See what I did there?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    This thread has the feel of going sideways pretty quick but I do think that the MR2 property could have been better utilized by another property. I don't think it should have been +5 dex though because after all we already have an item that has those mods (if you want it go hunt for it). I think instead the belt should have been something like +5HP / +5stam / +5mana or something like that; it wouldn't be overpowered / best item in slot but would give people some options.

That being said, there isn't much point of debating its use now (aside from a lesson learned) because it's live in the game and they aren't changing it. The only thing they really need to consider at this point is making it something a gargoyle can wear/alter (or giving gargs some kind of special drop only they can wear).
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited November 2021
     keven2002 said:
    This thread has the feel of going sideways pretty quick but I do think that the MR2 property could have been better utilized by another property. I don't think it should have been +5 dex though because after all we already have an item that has those mods (if you want it go hunt for it). I think instead the belt should have been something like +5HP / +5stam / +5mana or something like that; it wouldn't be overpowered / best item in slot but would give people some options.

That being said, there isn't much point of debating its use now (aside from a lesson learned) because it's live in the game and they aren't changing it. The only thing they really need to consider at this point is making it something a gargoyle can wear/alter (or giving gargs some kind of special drop only they can wear).
    Well, I see from time to time posts from players asking help about telling apart what loot items might be good from what might be bad....

Infact, if I remember well, there was a Thread some time back, intended precisely to help out players with what properties were more beneficial to look at in loot and, thus, see those loot items as "keepers" as compared to those who were more "junk"....

I would guess, that the same might be with this new belt.... I would imagine that there could well be players out there, wondering whether their character would be more better off with a Crimson Cincture, rather then this new Belt, or viceversa....

If there is already something on the topic, like for example this Thread, when a player will do a search, they might find and, thus, "voila'" already have an answer to their question....
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited November 2021
    Sorry but this thread will likely become like most of the others you start where it becomes locked within a day because (like most of your other threads) it has the feel of being passive aggressive and borderline trolling.

If your intent was as you claim above then you should have started with "what templates / suits would this belt work well in" instead of immediately comparing it to a crimson cinture. 

If you want an answer to your question above then here it is and we can just stop this thread now:

The crimson cinture or the Ozy Obi will likely be the preferred belt choice to every warrior because MR2 doesn't do much for a warrior who will likely use leech mana on their weapon. It's possible a mage would want to use this belt for the HPI as an alternative to the crimson cinture/tangle but probably unlikely given that if you are a mage your suit likely has all the MR it needs and if it doesn't the Tangle would probably offer a better mix of +mana and +MR. 

There is no need to keep this thread going trying to debate what the point of this belt is. It is what it is so if you (or others) do not like the mods then do not wear it.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited November 2021
    Just like the talisman from Hythloth is a poor man's Demon Cameo. This belt is a poor man's Crimmy.

It looks cool.

It may have PvP use as said above.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • It does a fine job of holding my pants up so my 24 year old crusty underwear doesn’t show. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited November 2021
    keven2002 said:
    Sorry but this thread will likely become like most of the others you start where it becomes locked within a day because (like most of your other threads) it has the feel of being passive aggressive and borderline trolling.

If your intent was as you claim above then you should have started with "what templates / suits would this belt work well in" instead of immediately comparing it to a crimson cinture. 

If you want an answer to your question above then here it is and we can just stop this thread now:

The crimson cinture or the Ozy Obi will likely be the preferred belt choice to every warrior because MR2 doesn't do much for a warrior who will likely use leech mana on their weapon. It's possible a mage would want to use this belt for the HPI as an alternative to the crimson cinture/tangle but probably unlikely given that if you are a mage your suit likely has all the MR it needs and if it doesn't the Tangle would probably offer a better mix of +mana and +MR. 

There is no need to keep this thread going trying to debate what the point of this belt is. It is what it is so if you (or others) do not like the mods then do not wear it.
    From you analysis, if I understood it as correct, this Belt is not going to be an advancement to neither a Warrior, nor a Mage...

Thus, I need to understand, it "could" be only helpfull to a new player who lacks a Crimson Cincture/Obi for the Warrior or a Tangle for their Mage but not much to players who may already had those items for this particular slot.

Did I get that right ?

Or could, perhaps, a Bard make some particularly beneficial use out of this new Belt which the other, existing, belt slot items such as the Crimson Cincture, Ozymandian Obi and Tangle, could not provide ?
    edited November 2021
    If you are that uncertain. Maybe it is for you.

If it had + 5 str instead of the MR it would be competition for the crimmy.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Now this is a crazy theory but much like last item you asked about get it or not...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Warriors will almost always prefer the Crimson Cincture or Ozymandias Obi over this. Warriors need the Dex or Str/Stamina. As to which one a warrior wants, it depends on their build and gear.

As a warrior I would only use the new belt over a CC or Obi if I otherwise did not have one of those belts.

However, on literally every other class I would prefer this new belt over a Crimson, Obi, or even a Tangle. Intelligence is easy to get on armor and I think every mage and bard I have is already overcapped on intelligence. The 2MR is a wash on Destroyer vs Tangle, they both have it. Last, I'd much prefer 2HPR over 5DCI, which really doesn't do much in PvM unless you run wrestling or use mage weapons.

I've tossed this belt on half a dozen characters already that never had a belt to use, or replaced the CC on several casters with this.

The accessibility of the belt also means that you can afford to put this on all your characters if you want. It's easy to get, and it's easy to get lots of them. I personally am glad to see something this accessible added to the game, instead of another points grind.

I imagine the only people upset about the accessibility of this belt are the ones that wanted to try and control the spawn in order to sell the belt to others at super high prices. Not everything needs to be super rare and expensive.

https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    edited November 2021
    popps said:

Well, I see from time to time posts from players asking help about telling apart what loot items might be good from what might be bad....
    And here it is.  @popps why don't you just ask what do you think these will sell for and be done with it.

You can get a Crimmy easy by doing Blackthorn with a group.
    edited November 2021
    I'll have to look at my mages and see if they can use it over tangle. I don't care about the HP regen on them or dci on Tangle. More HP is never a bad thing.

It does look cooler than tangle. 
    My bard had been using a blackthorns belt but wants the mr2 over the dex 5 again @popps there is no one right answer..
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    @JackFlashUk just get the Crimmy from Blackthorn 100 points but then again he would have to have people go do Blackthorn with him also, LOL
    Khyro said:
    Warriors will almost always prefer the Crimson Cincture or Ozymandias Obi over this. Warriors need the Dex or Str/Stamina. As to which one a warrior wants, it depends on their build and gear.

As a warrior I would only use the new belt over a CC or Obi if I otherwise did not have one of those belts.

However, on literally every other class I would prefer this new belt over a Crimson, Obi, or even a Tangle. Intelligence is easy to get on armor and I think every mage and bard I have is already overcapped on intelligence. The 2MR is a wash on Destroyer vs Tangle, they both have it. Last, I'd much prefer 2HPR over 5DCI, which really doesn't do much in PvM unless you run wrestling or use mage weapons.

I've tossed this belt on half a dozen characters already that never had a belt to use, or replaced the CC on several casters with this.

The accessibility of the belt also means that you can afford to put this on all your characters if you want. It's easy to get, and it's easy to get lots of them. I personally am glad to see something this accessible added to the game, instead of another points grind.

I imagine the only people upset about the accessibility of this belt are the ones that wanted to try and control the spawn in order to sell the belt to others at super high prices. Not everything needs to be super rare and expensive.

The artifacts I wear have no Intel bonus.  Cuffs, Kelp, Halo, and Hooks. Neck, gloves and chest have 5 intel each. So short 5 or 10 on mine. One has sash the other has a cool sash with no stats.   So both my mage tamers need the intel on Tangle.  Was hoping to be able to change for the new look.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Pawain said:
    Khyro said:

The artifacts I wear have no Intel bonus.  Cuffs, Kelp, Halo, and Hooks. Neck, gloves and chest have 5 intel each. So short 5 or 10 on mine. One has sash the other has a cool sash with no stats.   So both my mage tamers need the intel on Tangle.  Was hoping to be able to change for the new look.
    Sounds like an SDI build. Use a Pendant of the Magi and Lt Sash (sounds like one has that already) and you will be at +25 Int with your 2 artifacts that have +5.

Or you can find a clean piece of jewelry with 18 SDI, FC/FCR, +Int if you don't need skills. They are pretty common and you can get up to +10 Int on them.

My characters that aren't in SDI suits and just run of the mill caster gear are way overcapped on Int as most pieces have 4-5 int on them.

I'd still personally rather have 10 hit points than the 1% SDI you would be missing from not hitting 150 Intelligence.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

edited November 2021
    Khyro said:
    Pawain said:
    Khyro said:

Sounds like an SDI build. Use a Pendant of the Magi and Lt Sash (sounds like one has that already) and you will be at +25 Int with your 2 artifacts that have +5.

Or you can find a clean piece of jewelry with 18 SDI, FC/FCR, +Int if you don't need skills. They are pretty common and you can get up to +10 Int on them.

My characters that aren't in SDI suits and just run of the mill caster gear are way overcapped on Int as most pieces have 4-5 int on them.

I'd still personally rather have 10 hit points than the 1% SDI you would be missing from not hitting 150 Intelligence.
    On one of my guys I noticed I had 10 points in Dex I could drop.  I built him around the Tangle I guess.  So, I  dropped that and increased intel by 10 and have 10 more HP.

Shield covers it but I will get an orb when those are out.

Not going to be a game changer but it looks a lot better than an apron.

Cant bless it tho.
    You know who's not going to have to decide about this belt gargoyles....but hey new legacy