Question for dev’s - exploit enhanced pets.

So what’s the deal here, are those pets that were deliberately enhanced through exploits ever going to be addressed?  The shard I play on is rife with them, mostly CU’s and Hiryu’s, all completely maxed on all stats and regens.  As if there isn’t enough hate toward tamers from the non tamer groups already.
I mean, it’s not as if the process used to build those pets was something you could accidentally stumble into.  So whatcha got to say?  Should we expect a revert on those to stats within normal range?

Comments

• Never touch a running system ;)

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• My 190 Stam Pack Horse triggered the stat re-roll, despite being 100% legit :(
    You can buy Pack Horses with up to 65 more Stam than DEX. Years ago i bought a bunch of Pack Horses until i got a 35 DEX/100 Stamina one, then trained it up to 125 DEX, which gave it 190 Stamina. It was crazy fast, named it "U HaulinAss".
    Then they capped pets at 150 Stamina shortly after Pub 97 hit, and he went down to 125 DEX/150 Stamina. After the most recent crackdown on stat-exploited pets, his 150 Stamina was apparently enough to trigger the stat re-roll :(
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "if you see a pet that you think has been exploited, page a GM

(they won't do anything but it might make you feel better)"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • WracWrac Posts: 32
    Yoshi said:
    "if you see a pet that you think has been exploited, page a GM

(they won't do anything but it might make you feel better)"
    Tried that.  If I get a reply at all it’s… we’re looking into it.
    My 190 Stam Pack Horse triggered the stat re-roll, despite being 100% legit :(
    You can buy Pack Horses with up to 65 more Stam than DEX. Years ago i bought a bunch of Pack Horses until i got a 35 DEX/100 Stamina one, then trained it up to 125 DEX, which gave it 190 Stamina. It was crazy fast, named it "U HaulinAss".

Sorry for your horse but fwiw, awesome story. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    They do no more damage than your pet that is built correctly. They should fix this by allowing all pets to max out in all categories.  We would see more pets than Cu Sidhes and Hiryus being used.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    They do no more damage than your pet that is built correctly. They should fix this by allowing all pets to max out in all categories.  We would see more pets than Cu Sidhes and Hiryus being used.
    My pet takes a few hits and it has 5 stamina regen to help get back to max attack speed, they have 30.
    My pet can dump about 500 mana before relying on regen, they have 1500.  
    i never claimed they do 3x as much damage but here’s a question.  If the exploited pets dont have an advantage, what harm would there be rolling them all back?

edited November 2021
      If the exploited pets dont have an advantage, what harm would there be rolling them all back?

I dont know what the devs can do.

1500 mana is gone in less than a min just like 500 is.

Pets live on regens.  A cu with an interative tamer does not need but 600HP and 5 stam regen.

I see the exploited pets lying on the ground dead at any boss.

Id rather see more pet types used.  Rams, Dread Spiders, Skrees.  Let them all get max stats.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Pawain said:
      If the exploited pets dont have an advantage, what harm would there be rolling them all back?

I dont know what the devs can do.

Delete them?
    Regardless how powerful the exploited pets are or aren’t, allowing it just encourages people to cheat again next time a bug can be exploited.  Deleting them would be pretty severe, but rolling them back into a stat range that would be normal for the pet type seems reasonable.  

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2021
    I remember they did this once before and some legit pets were affected. They need to ensure no collateral damage.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Pawain said:
    If it's a Dragon Breath pet, then stat-exploiting it's Health does indeed increase it's damage output. Stat exploiting it's max Mana, increases upfront burst damage. I've seen PP Chiv+AI WWs dish out up to 7 AIs in a row (literally, one right after the other in a long chain), and that's just with the typical 385-425 Mana. Stat exploiting the stats to where you can easily stick 30 SR on the pet (with no sacrifices), allows it to continue swinging at max speed even when taking a beating.

Ossein Rams can actually get some pretty insane damage when under Combat Training: Berserk, and their innate Life Leech actually bypasses the healing restrictions of Berserk. Here's my Ossein Ram dishing out a 436 damage AI to a Paragon Balron. I've seen him consistently hit Putrifier for 370+ while at low Health. With an exploited Health pool, he'd be able to trigger Berserk at higher HP.

2 slot Frost Mites can legitimately end up with some insanely high intensity (and look exploited), such as mine which was tamed at 78.3% Intensity. He can literally max everything out, and still have 25 TP left to spend, with nothing left to spend it on (except for Poison Magical, but that'd detract from his RC+AP use, and so isn't desirable).

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Seth said:
    I remember they did this once before and some legit pets were affected. They need to ensure no collateral damage.
    Which can be achieved, by changing pet by pet, rather then make a "carpet change" that would affect them all...

How many pets can we expect to be out there which are exploited ?

A few hundreds ? Some thousands ?

How about then, creating a Database for all pets which players have in Stables (unless the Devs have already such Data gathering databases for game statistics purposes...) and have a filter in that Database which was to highlight any and all pets with "altered" stats ?

At that point, they could examine those pets one by one, and manually bring those stats within normal paramethers, rather then leaving them with their exploited stats....

Sure, it would take some time, depending on how many these pets could be, but, once the Database is done and there is a list of exploited pets, perhaps one pet every 2 or 3 minutes could be "fixed" which it would make, 20 to 30 pets an hour, in a few days of work, they'd be all fixed for good without affecting by mistake any legit pet...
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    New legacy is all that matters acceptance is the key 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    @popps, it shouldn’t even be that hard.  
    Already built the roadmap that could fix this issue.  Hard code something similar to this that assigns each critter a max potential training points(raw plus available training). Program the system to run an active check each time the pet is pulled from the stable and it it exceeds 100%, it gets rolled back. 
    there would be issues to consider, a way to dismiss things that temporarily enhance a pet, like at adults treat, or ironically a bless spell, but again, should not be difficult to overcome.
    Pawain said:
    If it's a Dragon Breath pet, then stat-exploiting it's Health does indeed increase it's damage output. Stat exploiting it's max Mana, increases upfront burst damage. I've seen PP Chiv+AI WWs dish out up to 7 AIs in a row (literally, one right after the other in a long chain), and that's just with the typical 385-425 Mana. Stat exploiting the stats to where you can easily stick 30 SR on the pet (with no sacrifices), allows it to continue swinging at max speed even when taking a beating.

Ossein Rams can actually get some pretty insane damage when under Combat Training: Berserk, and their innate Life Leech actually bypasses the healing restrictions of Berserk. Here's my Ossein Ram dishing out a 436 damage AI to a Paragon Balron. I've seen him consistently hit Putrifier for 370+ while at low Health. With an exploited Health pool, he'd be able to trigger Berserk at higher HP.

2 slot Frost Mites can legitimately end up with some insanely high intensity (and look exploited), such as mine which was tamed at 78.3% Intensity. He can literally max everything out, and still have 25 TP left to spend, with nothing left to spend it on (except for Poison Magical, but that'd detract from his RC+AP use, and so isn't desirable).

I knew you would bring those up.

They made them. They do have more stats but still die. I saw them when they came out. The players are already using Cus again. So I disagree they are OP.
    There are other creative solutions available that wouldn’t require changing stats on any pets.
    For example, using the values I outlined above you could easily establish a ratio to determine a percentage over capped a pet is.  Code that overlap into the damage formula for various MOBS.  I’d use an x^y formula where x is the damage profile and y is the percent over capped.
    in this scenario if a legit pet would get hit for 100 points, a pet 10% over cap would get hit for 158.  15% over cap gets hit for 199, or roughly double.  Many of the exploit pets I see would be in that 15% range.
    this way nobody loses their sentimental pet, but there would be a substantial penalty if they want to hunt it.
    Pets roll values for each stat when they are made. There was no intensity for all pets until values were assigned for all of those stats. 

It is easy to calculate the intensity of a pet on Cah. 

But does the game ever calculate intensity of a pet?

There was no reason to have a total intensity calculated in the game for pets before the revamp.

Pets are spawned with set minimums and maximums.

There are some pet types that will auto change slots when the game detects they have too much stats for a given slot.

So the game may not calculate a pets intensity on the fly.

I don't know .

• Would be great to see the list of upcoming bugfixes all up.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Would be great to see the list of upcoming bugfixes all up.
    New legacy 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...