How about something to protect against curses for some time like Orange petals do with poison ?

2»

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,930
    edited November 2021
    Seth said:

Perhaps, it may make sense for any remove curse to have an immunity effect say for 10 or 20 secs. 

Meaning when he gets cursed again, he won't feel the effect because he has residual effect from anti-bodies from the anti curse vaccine 

That was my point....

I just see it as pointless to Remove Curses only to get cursed back again the split second that one has removed those curses, however they did it.

Instead, if removing cursed had, as you say, some lasting effect, at least, depending for how long  the immunity effect was to last, it would not be that mindless, restless ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON, OFF....

I think, that it would make it for a more enjoyable gameplay, unless there really are players who enjoy having to remove curses non-stop, over and over, as if there was no tomorrow.....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,034
    @popps so instead of casting those annoying curses, What should these low HP Mobs do?

Back at you. The devs will not change their attacks without something that causes harm to us.

What should these mobs do instead?

Make a useful post for a change.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2021
    popps said:
    Seth said:

Perhaps, it may make sense for any remove curse to have an immunity effect say for 10 or 20 secs. 

Meaning when he gets cursed again, he won't feel the effect because he has residual effect from anti-bodies from the anti curse vaccine 

That was my point....

I just see it as pointless to Remove Curses only to get cursed back again the split second that one has removed those curses, however they did it.

Instead, if removing cursed had, as you say, some lasting effect, at least, depending for how long  the immunity effect was to last, it would not be that mindless, restless ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON, OFF....

I think, that it would make it for a more enjoyable gameplay, unless there really are players who enjoy having to remove curses non-stop, over and over, as if there was no tomorrow.....
    The only thing permanent is resisting spells, which is a prevention and block.

Removing curse by Apple and spells are quite useless because we get cursed again the second it’s removed. I also don’t bother removing curse anymore, which makes the spell or food redundant.

@Kyronix
    Instead of adding restrictions or cool down nerf, it’s time to make others more useful. Not always nerf and nerf.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Why are threads like this allowed to continue people get frustrated with the OP unwillingness to accept any suggestions or advice and every single time it goes down hill ...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • popps said:
    Time for a lock I think.  Nobody agrees with you Popps.  You are just going o have to find a way, there are plenty of solutions here, but as ALWAYS you don’t listen to advice ams just try to counter everything.  

It must be awful being you 
    Solutions for what ?

Having to eat enchanted apples as if there was no tomorrow, or to have to cast Remove Curse over and over, mindlessly ?

Seriously ?

That is what some people consider as "fun" ?

WOW......
    How old is this game ? 
    People have lived with this world shattering problem for over 20 years

get over yourself will you

YOU are the only person here with this problem

what does that tell you?

nobody cares about your problem.  So just stop with this nonsense 

• Let’s just take a look here

you joined the forums  in 2019

you have posted 2590 times in this time

REALLY?

Something not quite right there Popps 

I think we need to look past what was suggested in the OP but look at potential and constructive areas to improve. 

@popps wrote a lot and those related to trying to save resist skills points or eating a new type of food has been shot down.

But current methods of removing curse, is it not a good idea to have cool down or immunity for 10 or 20 seconds. It’s not as if this will break anyone’s game but I see benefits for everyone. 
    edited November 2021
    I'd rather have an immunity from losing Fame for a period of time.

Like I said, What are these low HP easy to kill Mobs supposed to do?

They cast spells and annoy us instead of doing 60 damage hits.

Also it is pretty easy to get enough stamina and SSI to avoid the curses from slowing down swing speed for a Swordsman or fencer.  I just truck on thru on my macer even tho it does lower his speed.  I eat maybe 3 apples an hour now.  

If he really was bothered by curses he should have asked how others counter them.  

Common answers: Magic Resist Skill, Apples, Have enough stamina so they do not matter.
    Learn from others how to play better and move on to the next obstacle.
    Pawain said:
    I'd rather have an immunity from losing Fame for a period of time.

Like I said, What are these low HP easy to kill Mobs supposed to do?

They cast spells and annoy us instead of doing 60 damage hits.

Also it is pretty easy to get enough stamina and SSI to avoid the curses from slowing down swing speed for a Swordsman or fencer.  I just truck on thru on my macer even tho it does lower his speed.  I eat maybe 3 apples an hour now.  

If he really was bothered by curses he should have asked how others counter them.  

Common answers: Magic Resist Skill, Apples, Have enough stamina so they do not matter.
    Learn from others how to play better and move on to the next obstacle.

Yup, I know how to over spec stamina, have been doing that. Is there any solution for HP, which is a bigger issue for me.
    My macer uses toughness for HP.  More annoying than curse is the things that drain mana so I lose toughness and have to recast.  But, that's how they fight us.

I just got my swordsman to 140 HP.  That helped a lot.  

For me the magic number is staying above a base of 130HP and I seem to be able to last longer.

I have healing  not a sampire.

Having kinda smart enemies makes the game funner.  Just like in sports, you only get better when you play against someone better than you.
    edited November 2021
    Pawain said:
    My macer uses toughness for HP.  More annoying than curse is the things that drain mana so I lose toughness and have to recast.  But, that's how they fight us.

I just got my swordsman to 140 HP.  That helped a lot.  

For me the magic number is staying above a base of 130HP and I seem to be able to last longer.

I have healing  not a sampire.

Having kinda smart enemies makes the game funner.  Just like in sports, you only get better when you play against someone better than you.

Yup the more HP the merrier, several times I recalled off with less than 10HP because the paras drained my mana to slow down my escape.

I have 150 already before using the Balron armor. After using that with extra strength, it does not help maintain my HP at 150 after curse.  

The worst curse bring it down to 140 or 139 I think. I never remember running around with 150 HP because it's always in cursed state. The moment I remove it, it's cursed again, so eventually nobody bothers.
  • Popps

I assume you have finally made a sampire

can you add a detailed list of the skills template you decided to use

it looks like you do not have high resisting spells but lets make sure

instead of trying, and as always failing to get the game changed to suit you, lets look at what you have got and go form there.

All other people use this and Gen Chat and guilds and discord and icq to learn and adapt. Obviously you do not have any of these options and just want the devs to change the game for you. THE YW ILL NEVER DO THIS AS YOU ARE IN THE MINORITY.

Please, PLEASE understand this

But lets se if you will, FOR ONCE answer a question

so again,

WHAT IS YOUR SAMPIRE TEMPLATE?
  • Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 246
    edited November 2021
    @Popps ;   Honestly.... learn to play your warriors and look into your book of Chivalry!!!! What you ask has existed for a long time ;)
    and no... I haven't read the whole thread!

@Mariah plz lock this thread  - this is more than silly !

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

edited November 2021
    The later part of this is not about whether there is any way to remove curse. 

What we are saying is all these methods are useless because you can remove it in one second, and the next second they can curse you again. This has made Chivalry, Mysticism and Apple remove curse useless. 

The only thing useful is Resisting Spells because its permanent as long as you have it in the 720 skills. 
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    These threads seem very popular.
This discussion has been closed.