Potion of Glorious Fortune Gone from UO Store?

Not seeing it on the front page nor the search. Is this gone again already? If so, why? The Hythloth event still has a month to go. Why would this be removed???? Maybe it's just a glitch? @Kyronix can you let us know please sir? Thanks. 

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Seems you have all bought out the stock of Glorious Fortune potions, fear not however!  The elves have been busy harnessing the power of luck from many a rabbits, leprechauns, and 4-leaf clovers to return the supply.  Happy hunting!

(Many rabbits, leprechauns, and 4-leaf clovers were harmed in the production of these items.)
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    Kyronix said:
    Seems you have all bought out the stock of Glorious Fortune potions, fear not however!  The elves have been busy harnessing the power of luck from many a rabbits, leprechauns, and 4-leaf clovers to return the supply.  Happy hunting!

(Many rabbits, leprechauns, and 4-leaf clovers were harmed in the production of these items.)
    Why make them shard bound might as well make all store items shard bound as well. they cost the same no matter the shard. Heck make all store items shard and account bond when at it.
  • wait a minute. so we can get them from rabbits?  thats what YOU said @Kyronix. YOU have to make this so now! or you're a big fat liar!
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    wait a minute. so we can get them from rabbits?  thats what YOU said @ Kyronix. YOU have to make this so now! or you're a big fat liar!
     :D 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Danpal said:
    Kyronix said:

Why make them shard bound might as well make all store items shard bound as well. they cost the same no matter the shard. Heck make all store items shard and account bond when at it.
    they added the shard bound to them
    when they gave them to us for free
    (during Treasures of Khaldun)

might mess up the named ones 
    if they made them shard bound

================

DEVs please don't make the other store items shard bound
    or account bound
    people don't sell the store items on my home shard
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    Am just saying the potions should not be shard bound, anything in the store should not be shard bound. but if there going to chose what they want shard bound then everything in there store needs to be shard and account bond. make everything shard and account bond.even EM drops. that will fix the gold issue. no one will be selling them. even go back and make all SB, EM, Seer items account and shard bound, That will do away with alot of the gold issues. That will fix the idoc issue as well people will only be going to place not to try and loot anything already most of the good stuff is deleted now anyway. Cinderella said:
    Danpal said:
    Kyronix said:

they added the shard bound to them
    when they gave them to us for free
    (during Treasures of Khaldun)

might mess up the named ones 
    if they made them shard bound

================

DEVs please don't make the other store items shard bound
    or account bound
    people don't sell the store items on my home shard

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    @Danpal bad idea at this point. Small shards will become deader because more people will flee to ATL.
  • Norry said:
    @ Danpal bad idea at this point. Small shards will become deader because more people will flee to ATL.
    Never, Siege and Origin will always be the home of the Vic Clan.  even if i am the only one left on Origin (although I Know @Tyrath wont, and suspect @Larisa wouldn't leave either)
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Norry said:
    @ Danpal bad idea at this point. Small shards will become deader because more people will flee to ATL.
    Never, Siege and Origin will always be the home of the Vic Clan.  even if i am the only one left on Origin (although I Know @ Tyrath wont, and suspect @ Larisa wouldn't leave either)
    Yarrrrrrrrr Garr Grimbeard shall remain as will Anon
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited November 2021
    McDougle said:
    Norry said:
    Never, Siege and Origin will always be the home of the Vic Clan.  even if i am the only one left on Origin (although I Know @ Tyrath wont, and suspect @ Larisa wouldn't leave either)
    *chuckles*, indeed Garr, indeed.

McDougle said:
    Norry said:
    *chuckles*, indeed Garr, indeed.

And of course the devil dog 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2021
    Norry said:
    Beg to differ, this applies to existing players sticking to own shard 100% of the time. This is why we don’t see many active players complaining about this because it’s not a big issue, yet.

But it’s building up over time and the best way to see this is like what some had already suggested, trying to implement this overnight and see what happens. Full shard bound for all items, and no more character transfer. So all characters will stay where they are permanently. 

Dead shards will no longer be dead, sure? They will be the first to die because new players will run to populous shard. We are all mortals and will leave the game one day So if I am a returning players I would not pick a ghost shard, or might as well play a standalone game.

That said I gave up fighting because I am also one of the active players and shard bound doesn’t affect me. Broadsword created their own problem.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 245
    edited November 2021
    Norry said:
    Before I leave my beloved Drachenfels someone would have to turn off the lights from way up high ;)

---------
    Altlantik is always the loser either way, even if people come to it first because they think life would be so much easier there....

And... is that really the case? I see it a bit differently. At some point when the wind changes, as soon as people realise that the "promised land" doesn't keep its promises - that the area where I wanted to put my dream house is already occupied and only plots for 7x7 mini-houses can be found, the dream house or the item I absolutely want is offered massively overpriced or when I meet players or guilds who know nothing but their own ego. Inevitably, everyone - every shard - loses, even the small ones, because the players also lose something - namely the desire to continue, and in the end the whole game loses.

The biggest mess for this game has been created right on Atlantik, where this Shard can shine as long as it wants - if no one is there to clean it properly, it will soon look just as dirty as on all the others ;)  

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Norry said:
    Shard Bounding  ***ANY***  item has had the ***ONLY*** effect to make its price skyrocket on ***ALL*** the Shards, as by now is CLEAR and EVIDENT to anyone not in bad faith (I rule out plain incompetence at this point).
    Ivenor said:
    Norry said:
    Shard Bounding  ***ANY***  item has had the ***ONLY*** effect to make its price skyrocket on ***ALL*** the Shards, as by now is CLEAR and EVIDENT to anyone not in bad faith (I rule out plain incompetence at this point).
    I disagree there were no event items for sale Origin before shard bound and there are no event items for sale now the same for PS.  BUT i know the event items are still here unlike the PS which are farmed like crazy and sent right to Atlantic now your argument is that people will just transfer eat shard bound PS and leave but at least they'd have to buy 2transfer token and there would be PS for sale..
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I may  be mis-remembering, but as I remember it, there was bad feeling at some treasures type events because the shard residents found it difficult to participate at all because of the overwhelming number of 'visitors' flooding the location, making the ratio of players to spawn untenable.  Shard bound isn't just a matter of the cost of the items, it was having them available for the shard residents at all.  While the people who farm items to sell are unhappy, I have a feeling the people who want them for their own characters on the shard they call home are quite content.
    edited November 2021
    Shard residents who are active will be hunting. If they miss the event they might still be able to buy maybe for a month or two. But after some time like the epaulette, they ended up listed on Auction only. I also have a spare in my shard but when my friends asked me to sell it because he was coming over, I told him no, its my own spare. Sell for 175m? too little. 1 Plat, crazy.

And if I want to farm and sell for gold, I would look at the shard which has the highest price, farm and sell there, then move the Gold to buy things anywhere else.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    I may  be mis-remembering, but as I remember it, there was bad feeling at some treasures type events because the shard residents found it difficult to participate at all because of the overwhelming number of 'visitors' flooding the location, making the ratio of players to spawn untenable.  Shard bound isn't just a matter of the cost of the items, it was having them available for the shard residents at all.  While the people who farm items to sell are unhappy, I have a feeling the people who want them for their own characters on the shard they call home are quite content.
    Quoted for truth.

Shard bound, and I have been saying this since they started, are a blessing come true for low population shards.
    edited November 2021
    popps said:
    Quoted for truth.

Shard bound, and I have been saying this since they started, are a blessing come true for low population shards.
    I play in a super Low pop shard. Is there a good post somewhere listing the clear, detailed benefits of shard bound wearable artifacts, with proven facts since they are two years old? 

In the past, I noticed that you are the only one supporting, and recently starting to see 2 more. But I see nothing more than just a “good”.

Its like those one sentence product review, like this is good, works well, or no problem. They do not say why and supported with solid facts, so as to convince anyone. This is why some of us keep beating a dead horse with good counters.

This is another case of Dev made the bold move, while users try to come up with their own reason to explain why it’s needed.

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 783
    edited November 2021
    It really should be possible for a crafter to make these potions (glorious luck potion, transmog potions, etc).  Make the crafting require boss/rare crafting materials.

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Norry said:
    I will NEVER go to Atlantic. I like to *window shop* but very rarely buy anything there unless I happen to get very lucky and find something I want for a decently low price.

I am slowly working on bringing my vendors up. I always have furniture, runebooks, BOD books misc. Needful things like Bone Machete, fort powder, +5 mining gloves...for the TRUE new player....working on mark/gate/recall scrolls and city/dungeon runebooks because all I have now are empties.

Problem is people don't START on a low pop shard. They ask *Where should I start?* and 99% of the time the answer is Atlantic.

• It really should be possible for a crafter to make these potions (glorious luck potion, transmog potions, etc).  Make the crafting require boss/rare crafting materials.

And they should last for a reduced time as well. maybe 10 minutes. like the Craftable SS fragment requires the hard to get reagent, and is only one use. I could get on board with that.

• Larisa said:
    Norry said:
    I will NEVER go to Atlantic. I like to *window shop* but very rarely buy anything there unless I happen to get very lucky and find something I want for a decently low price.

I am slowly working on bringing my vendors up. I always have furniture, runebooks, BOD books misc. Needful things like Bone Machete, fort powder, +5 mining gloves...for the TRUE new player....working on mark/gate/recall scrolls and city/dungeon runebooks because all I have now are empties.

Problem is people don't START on a low pop shard. They ask *Where should I start?* and 99% of the time the answer is Atlantic.
    That's one of the reasons I have the vendor default priced repairs, to try to retain people new to the shard. guess i need to see about a repair station and do some basic armor as well.   

There's two repair benches set to public in Luna 
    EJ accounts can't use locked down resources so it's good that Vic puts his repair deeds on the vendor. I have a returning player that I will be giving a vendor too soon, gonna get him to make beginner LRC suits and stuff. I am working on city/dungeon runebooks. I keep empties on my vendor but it's nice to have full ones too.

Hoping to get the shard good for new/returning players!

Someone did scalis today so i collected some of the lrc stuff to build new player suits with 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Larisa said:
    Norry said:

That's a very commendable effort, too bad that, being all these items not "Shard Bound", if one prices them too low, chances are that some "buy low-sell high" player might buy them to then resell them higher on Atlantic for a profit..... and in doing so, they deprive low population Shards of many items, reasonably priced, to be found on Vendors....

See why Shard Bound is a great thing for low population Shards ? It avoids the "buy low - sell high" thing from a low Population Shard to Atlantic, to be possible in the first place.....
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Norry said:

Us Perverts will always call Origin home ;)
  • popps said:
    Larisa said:
    Norry said:

That's a very commendable effort, too bad that, being all these items not "Shard Bound", if one prices them too low, chances are that some "buy low-sell high" player might buy them to then resell them higher on Atlantic for a profit..... and in doing so, they deprive low population Shards of many items, reasonably priced, to be found on Vendors....

See why Shard Bound is a great thing for low population Shards ? It avoids the "buy low - sell high" thing from a low Population Shard to Atlantic, to be possible in the first place.....
    Always with you It cannot be done - Yoda  Meme Generator

If a *Buy Low/Sell High* player is so desperate as to buy bone machete's and +5 mining gloves....

Seriously Popps stop with the shard bound crap...some things NEED to be shard bound. Sell them on your shard to get the NON shard bound gold!

I usually buy the Treasures Of drops for 2 mil per. I used one potion and did not see any change in the amount of drops I got so I rarely get enough to get the things I want. 

Ice dungeon I did well, the rest of them not so much. This time around I am getting mostly weapons, I have gotten ZERO bone pieces and 2 plate arms and 2 plate gorgets.

I'd like to have at least one complete suit so right now all I need for that is a leather cap.

So more power to the buy low sell high guys that buy my 300g new player items to resell lol.