UO existing rares into NFT crypto option

If you really think about it..... NFT is just collectables.... why cant UO create a platform so that our rares and everything else. Houses, Items, Land spots, almost a lot of ways for Ultima Online and the main company to gain profits, and at the same time help us have a faster platform to use. If UO created crypto in game coin.... they can just create a UOCoin and use that for UO NFT's, or work with MANA (Decentraland) right?

Hopefully this gets some trends and comments, so that they can see some sort of movement and progression.

This game was created originally as Ultima, and it was the first of its kind.
I think we should either go into Metaverse with UO, or NFT. 

Helps players, and company.
We all win, especially UO if they created their own coin to support a platform for the NFT transfers.

Dont ya think some of us would invest in that crypto coin ourselves? 
  1. Which way?7 votes
    1. NFT with UOCoin?
      14.29%
    2. Or Metaverse
        0.00%
    3. Or nahhhhh
      85.71%

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,252
    UO has their own "coins" they are called Sovereigns that you are free to use in the UOStore to buy things which most items can be sold to other players for gold.

What you are asking for is UO make its own coin that can be used to buy anything in UO either from players or UO itself.  Are you also suggesting that we do away with GOLD and just buy all coin from EA because UO collects ZERO real money, why even play the game.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Nifty thing with nft's would be that they could record every item dropped, and record transactions. No more duping
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “I suggested this before, however thread was very quickly locked as would encourage real money trading”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • DoomDoom Posts: 5
    UO has their own "coins" they are called Sovereigns that you are free to use in the UOStore to buy things which most items can be sold to other players for gold.

What you are asking for is UO make its own coin that can be used to buy anything in UO either from players or UO itself.  Are you also suggesting that we do away with GOLD and just buy all coin from EA because UO collects ZERO real money, why even play the game.
    Since they already established a Dollar Value to an Item or Coin as their Sovereigns are considered, this is already done. You can calculate how much your in game gold is using the ratio of what the game believes it cost (since they are selling it).

---Massive influx----Yes there will be, however after it balances out we now have a universal understanding in the game as what is really what.
    --Social Coin Value--- We have already socially created a value of the gold in UO. 10cent per mil socially, and 3rd parties are even higher. Value ratio to Dollar is already established. The clash of value will happen, but once it levels out then now we can start expanding things.

This should be a big push on both people holding massive gold, and people who wants to make more gold.

NFT could be our EM Event items.
    ----Have it as how we do it and let us create the value socially.
    ---This way since its now valued with a Coin. UOCoin can also flux the in game gold or UOCoin value with the society.
    ---Also since its now crypto, your gold value in game should reflect the UOCoin. 
    ---When that happens, You passively gain gold at higher value everyday due to UOCoin trades while playing
    ---UOCoin is now crypto so selling items, and transfer legally out of UOCoin to your Bank account is good to go and done in 1 day. (We have to go online wait for someone to buy... and thats already sketchy on both ends VS This method of UOCoin crypto into bank accounts which everyone does everyday.)

UO just needs to go and have a small talk with MANA or any of my suggestions. They would be surprised how willing they want to expand and also how easy it is.
    Norry said:
    Nifty thing with nft's would be that they could record every item dropped, and record transactions. No more duping
    I am glad you also see how much we can progress socially. I am sure UO is a great team and are watching out for us in legal and in norms. Suggestions fall on death ears if it has no motion or back up proof.

Well we now have Meta (Changed its name from Facebook) making a Metavers and creating VR into something of games such as this.

Creation of a Coin can be done by anyone, and UO should have no reason for not looking into it. 
    This creates an extra stream of income and a higher ratio VS relying on membership yearly.

Company also owns a share of the Coin so thus also creating more liquidity in assets for projects and expenses.

There is a lot more reasons why this should be a push, but i would probably sit here all day and type it out. 

Devils Advocates are welcome. The more you poke holes and i prove them to just be baseless, the more this makes sense to doubters 
    Norry said:
    This is also TRUE!!!! 

If it becomes a NFT it will also have its own "Ownership Markers" or legal digital documents such as what Upland and these other simple applications are doing.

No duplication and all recorded. If any issue happens it all has taggers to back trace owners or just search the item tag.

If this happens then of course UOCoin is already established and this is probably their 2nd main income just by creating UOCoin, backed up by Ultima Online themselves.

Gamers will start farming for gold MASSIVELY and once it opens to trade, normal day traders and also us long term investors (which we already are) can trade in that to.
    Funny thing is, I just realized its a passive way to get into the stock market once UO gold becomes crypto. 

Creation of the ETF Bitcoin going public and matching it with common stocks.... makes crypto passively in the common stock market. Does it not?  :|