Cu Sidhe Build Discussion and related pet information

2»

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I'd post a picture of my little Cu training but you know 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    edited October 2021
    @popps please stop making things up. FWW does physical damage. It is not based on the pets damage.  It will do it's physical damage on any pet type. Kinda like a fire ball does fire damage. The higher the passive magic the higher the damage. 

Tritons can have more build points than a Cu. That's why people will put FWW and chiv on them. Few other pet types have 700 spare points.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I'm gonna build a 4 slot Triton so my tamer can ride a armored swampy  ;)
  • I always train them with Oni - theres one good point on Tokuno Islands/Makato Jima where you have 1 Oni with a few bake and revenants.

Oni is strong but not to strong, but can sometimes be a real beast, so you have to keep an eye on yourself also ;) Use your Mastery - and heal your pet at the beginning. The pet will train all his skills and the loot is quite good - nearby 1,6 k gold and with luck you finde sometimes also good items.

Oni.jpg 18.1K

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

edited October 2021
    Larisa said:

Currently I am just trying to get him through his first round of training...and besides dread pirates and shadow ellies...is there anything else that's good to train him on?
    I just saw this. Training is getting the 100%. Skilling is increasing skills.

Dread pirates, crazed mage are for training. Not skilling. They have too low of skills.

Shadow else begin different. Their wrestling and tactics can be around 60 or 90. So you can have 4 variations.  If you pet is low skill, you want a 60/60.

When the pet has 80 skill you want a 90/90. To gain skills the pet has to fight something within 20 to 30 points of its skill.

Shadow eles are for skilling. But only if they have the correct skill level for your pet.

Training:

Crazed mage
    Dread pirate
    Energy vortex
    Allosaurus when resist is up.

Only allosaurus has enough skill to have a pet skill effectively.

Can also train on Navrey and night terror.

3 slot pet gets 50% per mob. 4 gets 25%. 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    I want to train and skill at the same time...the spawn at Cavern of the Discarded worked very well but I can't do that more then once lol, I need variation :(

Forgot to screenshot before I started :(

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    edited October 2021
    @McDougle & @Larisa Would you like me to change the title of this thread?
    Mariah said:
    @ McDougle & @ Larisa Would you like me to change the title of this thread?
    If you'd like especially if we could post cute puppy pictures  ;)
    Mariah said:
    @ McDougle & @ Larisa Would you like me to change the title of this thread?
    LOL

Yes please, I was just about to ask you if you could....not sure to what though...

I do like the idea of more puppy pictures ;)

edited October 2021
    Larisa said:
    I want to train and skill at the same time...the spawn at Cavern of the Discarded worked very well but I can't do that more then once lol, I need variation :(

Forgot to screenshot before I started :(

Training is a lot faster than skills.  No reason to try to do at the same time. You could use allosaurus at this point for both.  But a whisper cycle or 2 at a 90/90 shadow ele would get the the skills to 120 if you had scrolls on it.

I don't think anything in the cavern gives greatly gains.

That thing should have been at 100% in 30 mins.
    edited October 2021
    I am not a super speed kinda person...I am going to go to the mines to find a shadow ele.

Reason I like to do both at the same time is because just standing there doing nothing whilst my pets attacks something is BORING :/ 

Nope can't do it..I'm falling asleep.

I'll figure it out.

You know you can have an internet window on your screen at the same time...
  • @Mariah just rename it to "the Puppy Thread" that or "The Oozlum bird report" 

Pawain said:
    You know you can have an internet window on your screen at the same time...
    I don't have a big monitor.

I found an allosaurus

• To raise their skills use a Shadow elemental, for the Training use Allosaurus, Dread Pirates, Crazed Mages, and Navrey if there are others there or you can keep it alive.
    Yes Allosaurus will do both for your pet in the 80s.  When your pet is better he can kill one in 10 - 12 minutes.

You don't need a huge monitor. You can put a small movie screen in a corner. Desk pins keeps a window open so you can click UO and watch or read.
    I'm the same as larisa i use dread pirates for training then just normal fighting for skill gain i detest the way we train both our own skills and pets in UO
    Well he's at 46.31% into his second round.

Thank you for the title change...I almost didn't see it lol.

Good info to have here too.

edited October 2021
    Since you stopped before 50% you still need 3 more mobs. Should be done in 30 minutes or less.

I don't think I've ever spent more than a 24 hour period on training.

Much like getting drops there is no "right" way to do this...do what works for you..
    Pawain said:
    Since you stopped before 50% you still need 3 more mobs. Should be done in 30 minutes or less.

I don't think I've ever spent more than a 24 hour period on training.

It stopped...I kept going but was only getting the *You're pet doesn't seem to train on this* message over and over for almost 20 minutes.

Went and found another one and now I'm halfway through round 2

I need to do other things in between...like getting my yard packed up before it gets too cold lol.

This was after 2 allosaurus...not sure why I didn't get all the way to 50% but again I went almost 20 minutes with the *pet cannot gain* message so stopped to do yardwork..hoping to find another one to finish me out.

edited November 2021
    Pet training is going very well

[ non topical image removed by Rorschach ]
    WHAT??? That was the cutest picture yet! 
    Poor Greta... :(

@Rorschach @Mariah changed the topic of this thread so we could post such pictures unless I'm confused by what her intentions were..
  • For me, the best Cu to tame is high HP (570+)/70 Cold/85 Energy.