Dev's Please fix EC mis-alignment issue

JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
edited October 2021 in General Discussions
To see what I mean use a sampire with double strike and whirlwind (double axe) kills stuff and you will see you eventaully go out of bonk, so when you think you are in front of a door you are actually a tile or 2 off centre

please test and fix as the only solution right now is to relax every few minutes

especially awkward in Hythloth right now

Comments

• Yeah I get out of sync every now and then, but double clicking on a door instead of using an Open Door macro seems to fix it for me.
  • the "reload interface"  (CTRL-R) tends to mitigate issues like this.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2021
    “This happens very rarely in CC, (too rare to reproduce) and is rectified by teleporting”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • CTRL R doesn't solve the problem, it can be a quick fix but not good enough,  a fix would be good, but not like the ghost images which are still littering the client 

• MorgothMorgoth Posts: 13
    edited October 2021
    I had this happen to me as well in Hythloth using EC.  I would double click the doors to get through and then run around some and was able to use the open door macro again a short while later.

However I now wonder if this is why when I'm surrounded by lots of mobs that I seem to just stand there and not hit/whirlwind anything at all and end up going into a death spiral while frantically smashing my hotkeys desperately trying to get a hit in?

Maybe this is the targeting problem that they tried to fix in the last patch notes?

To get around this I WW, move a bit, target nearest, WW again and just repeat this for clearing groups.

Edit: spelling
  • Morgoth said:
    I had this happen to me as well in Hythloth using EC.  I would double click the doors to get through and then run around some and was able to use the open door macro again a short while later.

However I now wonder if this is why when I'm surrounded by lots of mobs that I seem to just stand there and not hit/whirlwind anything at all and end up going into a death spiral while frantically smashing my hotkeys desperately trying to get a hit in?

Maybe this is the targeting problem that they tried to fix in the last patch notes?

To get around this I WW, move a bit, target nearest, WW again and just repeat this for clearing groups.

Edit: spelling
    This is why you are whiffing, the only way i have found to combat it is to open a door (as was already mentioned) and to constantly keep moving. it is tied to whirlwind i believe. because as i switched to double axes and whirlwind less, i don't experience it as much.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• CTRL R doesn't solve the problem, it can be a quick fix but not good enough,  a fix would be good, but not like the ghost images which are still littering the client 

Sometimes a work-around/mitigation is better than nothing.

The ghost images thread:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/8616/enhanced-client-during-heavy-spawn-dead-enemies-appear-alive

There is a proposed fix in there ... but crickets.
  • solved!   open and close papaerdoll like you would gathering spawn.when you press C you jump back to the tile you are supposed to be on!    
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    this is annoying and the GHOSTING ISSUE that was supposed to be fixed in pub 111.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    Drago said:
    this is annoying and the GHOSTING ISSUE that was supposed to be fixed in pub 111.
    It's even worse than it was before I think