Mobs still ghosting in EC

This was reported on TC.  Will there be a hotfix release for this ?  It is a game breaking issue (not highly critical) but does cause problems with targeting

Comments

• looploop Posts: 301
    Bumped my old bug thread here: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/8616/enhanced-client-during-heavy-spawn-dead-enemies-appear-alive#latest

As much as I generally think the EC is a lost cause, it is good to see some attention being made to address bugs that have been around for years. However, it looks like the fix didn't quite hit the mark.
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    After the fix first dropped, I noticed alot less mobs ghosting in EC - almost none.  However, with the recent dungeon event, I have been seeing them again.    Usually happens when there is a significant amount of mobiles on screen, different people killing mobs that were near the edge of the screen. 

Fortunately, I have been dying frequently enough in the dungeon that when I log to save my Swampy, I just close out of the client and re-run the patcher and the ghost mobs will be gone.    So there has been some improvement here, but the issue isn't completely gone yet. 
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Merlin said:
    Fortunately, I have been dying frequently enough in the dungeon that when I log to save my Swampy, I just close out of the client and re-run the patcher and the ghost mobs will be gone.   
    That's what I've been doing wrong. Need to die more :smiley:
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    They need to look at the client usage numbers.  I know alot of people that use EC.  Its definitely what returning players are mostly using.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    Still finding ghosting in EC with the new event. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2021
    Merlin said:
    when I log to save my Swampy, 

@Kyronix please fix this exploit
    before tackling ghost mobs”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    Sliss said:
    Merlin said:
    Fortunately, I have been dying frequently enough in the dungeon that when I log to save my Swampy, I just close out of the client and re-run the patcher and the ghost mobs will be gone.   
    That's what I've been doing wrong. Need to die more :smiley:
    Where there's a will, there's a way ;) 

Yoshi said:
    Merlin said:

@ Kyronix please fix this exploit
    This mechanic has been in the game for a long long time.  Not an "exploit" and no fix is required. 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Yoshi said:
    Merlin said:

@ Kyronix please fix this exploit
    It would create a significant hardship on players who don't play on a highly populated shard or play at times when few other players are on. Or if you're playing and, even if there are a goodly number of people playing at that moment, no one is interested in answering a distress call to come rez a pet.

I realize you can limp to a stable each and every time your pet dies but that would seriously suck. And though I don't have a tamer, my understanding is your pet's skills take a hit if you get it rez'd at a stable. No?

Why would we want to be that punishing toward players trying to save their pet's life without having to face significant interruption in game play? 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Don't feed the pet hating troll.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2021
    traditionalist view deleted
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Yoshi said:
    traditionalist view deleted
    Well, you certainly didn't need to do that. But since you're bringing up being a traditionalist as a reason why we shouldn't be able to log out to save a pet, I'll just mention that, in my opinion, it's impossible, given the sparse player population on most shards to hold with tradition. I'll also add not all the old ways were the best ways. If that were true we'd still have the old crafting menus and I'd be scheduling surgery for carpal tunnel.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I'd still suggest that the timer for vet pet rez waaaaay to long..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited October 2021
    McDougle said:
    I'd still suggest that the timer for vet pet rez waaaaay to long..
    should be instant given you’ve the further skill penalty, cost and how dead some shards are, there is no reason for an extra timer which only promotes multi boxing and nothing else 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I have my swampy on a pet ball. When I run out to get a rez I use it as soon as I'm alive to call it. When I'm lucky it's alive, when I'm a bit less lucky it's dead, but there's a kind tamer outside to rez it, when I'm sheer out of luck I take it home, where I have carefully gathered over the months some Medusa blood which my alchemist has turned into potions to rez it. When you use the potion at home there is no delay.
    Some of us have tried luring paragon balrons into rooms then recalling away leaving them trapped. This gives us a few clear minutes in the dungeon till some helpful soul lets them out and drags them to us.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Shards are different. Many of our dungeons have had the doors removed. Deceit had working doors. Hythloth has none on the first floor. I have not used any other floors yet.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.