Is there a Mask of the Dead / Undead?

Is there a mask of the dead / undead that makes skeletons and other undead mobs ignore you?

If not would it be a good idea?

Comments

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited October 2021
    Nope.
    There's a few ways that cause various mobs to ignore you, unless you attack them first.

One of the very first introduced, was the Mask of Orcish Kin (looted from Orc Mages and Savage Warriors). While wearing it, all Orcs won't attack you, and if you attack them first, the mask explodes on your face for 100 damage (completely destroying the mask). You lose Karma for equipping it.
    Alongside the Mask, was Savage Kin Paint (crafted by Cooks from Tribal Berries looted from Savages). You apply Savage Kin Paint (lose Karma) and Savages won't attack you, it burns off and damages you if you attack a Savage first. Otherwise, it lasts one week, or until you die. RP Guilds used to use Savage Kin Paint to RP as Vampires. If you try to wear Savage Kin Paint and a Mask of Orcish Kin at same time, they both explode (even though Savages sometimes wear both).
    Most recently, the Pentagram of Demonic Forces was added with Treasures of Hythloth, and it grants a 2 hour buff that makes Imps (but not Paragon ones) ignore you. It similarly causes Karma loss, and damage to you if you attack an Imp.

If you do the quest for the Solen Matriarch inside the Solen Hive, then her corresponding color of Solen won't attack you. If you attack one of them, it breaks the alliance and you'll have to repeat the quest to regain it.
    If you have positive reputation with the Bane Chosen, the Hell Hounds that spawn in the ruined city near the Slasher of Veils won't attack you. They'll attack the Slasher of Veils though, and keep him occupied. Why i always pull him to the Hell Hounds.
    If you have positive reputation with the Ophidians, the Ophidians near Ophidian Lair won't attack you.

Then of course there's Honor (Virtue) and Ethereal Voyage (Spellweaving). Those will make most mobs (except for Paragons) ignore you for awhile.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I always wished there was something like this so I could play as a truly undead necromancer type of character but it would be overpowered simply because it would cancel out the danger in a lot of areas in the game, giving you an unfair advantage. 
  • dvvid said:
    I always wished there was something like this so I could play as a truly undead necromancer type of character but it would be overpowered simply because it would cancel out the danger in a lot of areas in the game, giving you an unfair advantage. 

Yeah, there's a LOT of Undead types in the game, including some of the most powerful creatures in game.