Triton Skins

Since the second most used pet seems to be the Triton I wanted to get my suggestion in for skins before they start on them for the store.  I would think they should be fairly quick and easy since we don't ride them.

I want a snail with a colourful shell. 

Second choice is anything from the Nudibranch family. 
( If you don't know what that is look it up. They are some of the most colourful and fancy life in the sea)

Yes that is really what one type look like and there are thousands of types.

Comments

• A triton saddle would sell like hotcakes.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    edited September 2021
    I don't know Tim, maybe they should stick to sea slugs for the Triton. Leave the sea snails for another mob. 

Most sea slugs aren't very big. "Giant..." prefixes would fit them right into UO though.

The Blue Dragon nudibranch (Glaucus Atlanticus) would be a good Triton skin. It's a dragon and it's blue!

Unfortunately, the fine details would probably be lost in UO's graphics.

I think the sea hare's (another sea slug group) look cool too. Especially with the wings as they fly through the water. Have to find some that are not dull colored. 

And they ink. Great AoE.
    -Arroth
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Yes but why stop at the Triton.  Just make a saddle that works on any non ridable pet, I want to be a Dragon Rider.
  • Yes but why stop at the Triton.  Just make a saddle that works on any non ridable pet, I want to be a Dragon Rider.
    Seize the opportunity..
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I think the concept is good. Maybe a magical saddle that can be used for selected, large non-rideable pet and making it rideable.

Then we can also use for some sea creatures and ride them like a boat. Sea serpents, dolphins, etc.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs

• TimTim Posts: 790
    Please stay on topic 

"Skin" changes appearance of pet with no change to Game Play.

"Saddle" would be a major change and a whole other discussion.
    Probably a lot more work for the programers and artist as well. 

• SlissSliss Posts: 282
    How about a triton rideable skin? Pick a skin from an animal that already has a riding animation. Problem solved.

• A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Ooooo nudibranchs are my favorite!
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "Kyronix used to work for a sealife centre :) "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Tim said:
    Since the second most used pet seems to be the Triton

"Would people say this is the mosed used non mountable pet?"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Hands down most used non mountable
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited September 2021
    "That is interesting, because when Tritons were first placed on TC it was a lot more powerful and it got nerfed before release, certain UO-CAH members were adamant that it was not more powerful than current pets and argued vehemently not to nerf it.

Interesting that even after the nerf you say it's now still the most used...

perhaps people are choosing this pet because it looks nice...so skins maybe not in demand"
    Any pet with built in healing will of course be better than pets without it toss in overcaped skills ....
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    McDougle said:
    Any pet with built in healing will of course be better than pets without it toss in overcaped skills ....
    That is not necessarily true. It would have a lover DPS than the same pet without healing. So, if it's a DPS you are after (and if you can keep your pet alive by yourself), you are probably better off without healing.
    If my Triton has 128 wrestling and i I scroll tactics to 120 it will do same damage than any other pet the fact that it has free built in healing must make it better..
  • McDougle said:
    If my Triton has 128 wrestling and i I scroll tactics to 120 it will do same damage than any other pet the fact that it has free built in healing must make it better..

With 128 Wrest, the 700 STR/120 Tact Triton will have more damage output than a 120 Wrest/700 STR/120 Tact pet. Wrestling is both offense and defense.
    Of course, Pet Damage Type and victim's Resists play a large role though in which pet will deal the most damage (why i love 100% Elemental Crimson/Platinum Drakes, can always target my prey's weakest resist).

What makes Tritons so good, isn't just the Healing, it's the overcapped Wrest (land more attacks successfully/get hit less often), the overcapped Resist, as well as the no wasted Specials. Tritons don't waste time/mana on an inferior Bleed Attack/Dragon Breath.
    Don't forget their 190 (capped) DEX is also a nice add on.  129.7 Wrest / 170.6 Resist / 212 DEX with all others Chiv/AI does a lot of damage.
    Yoshi said:
    "That is interesting, because when Tritons were first placed on TC it was a lot more powerful and it got nerfed before release, certain UO-CAH members were adamant that it was not more powerful than current pets and argued vehemently not to nerf it.

Interesting that even after the nerf you say it's now still the most used...

perhaps people are choosing this pet because it looks nice...so skins maybe not in demand"
    I choose it because uo cah wrote they can still be powerful even when they start with mediocre stats. 

But I am one of those who feel the look is ugly. It's the prince of the sea, and it looks like a giant, green, worm. So skinning is a good idea. 

If we are going to make the Dev busy for good things, I still want to inject the saddle concept to make this rideable. 
    i think it should be like the human centipede...

McDougle said:
    i think it should be like the human centipede...

Woah, are u referring to the movie… that is worse..  :o