Need suggestions for T-hunter build

Returning player looks like when I left I was working on a T-hunter I have seen there has been quite a few changes to t-hunting since then below is what I have I am looking for some suggestions how to proceed I would like to do solo for now until I get some stones to run both solo and support for groups

human male
stat cap 260 
str 116
dex 26
int 118

skills                                  caps
cart 100                             100
eval 46.7                            100
meditate 45.1                     120
magery 91.1                       120
Spellweaving 120               120
mining 100                          100
LP       100                           100

fencing , wrestling , focus , imbuing , mysticism , stealth , stealing all have 120 cap

Comments

• I also have Spellweaving mastery 1,2,3 everything else is 1
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Lots of builds work the key is to know how to play them.  My hunters build is Magery 120, eval intel actual 110 but 120 with a wizard’s curio, meditate and resist and wrestling 100, cartography 100 and remove trap 90.  Will eventually replace wrestling with lock picking.  Currently using master keys to open hoard and trove chests.  He has been doing hoard and trove chests now for about two months.  Generally, he does four or five a week in Malas, Trammel and Fel. .  It sometimes takes a while with dragons but he has never failed to solo every trove or hoard chest he has tried. Last chest spawned three dragons when he dug it up and one more during looting.  Having the appropriate slayer books makes a big difference.
    Would recommend you drop mining and replace it with remove trap.  Mining no longer serves any purpose for treasure hunting.  Cartography now does what mining did.  Otherwise I think your build is fine.
    And, get the mastery’s for magery and spellweaving.
  • thanks! so does resist help you on solo more than say another skill and wrestling would it be better for me to run a mage weapon? 
    I like resist on a mage because about half to two thirds of the spawn are spell casters.  Some players prefer orange petals and special apples.  There really is not room for wrestling when you add remove trap.  Think in pvm you really don’t need it.
    wrestling
  • So I think I settled on a template for know thanks for all the input
    str115
    dex25
    int120

LP100
    RT90
    Cart100
    Med 120
    magery 120
    resist 90
    eval int 100

we will see what happens gonna use swords of prosperity for now

ran a bunch of lvl 1 some 2 and 3 with it tonight does ok but 3 was rough ! 

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Your current build is good as a run and rez build and with a decent SDI suit and slayers you can solo all maps with a lot of running and rezing i suggest 
    LP 100
    RT 100
    Cart 100
    Taming 120
    Lore 120
    Mage 120
    The rest in vet...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    McDougle said:
    Your current build is good as a run and rez build and with a decent SDI suit and slayers you can solo all maps with a lot of running and rezing i suggest 
    LP 100
    RT 100
    Cart 100
    Taming 120
    Lore 120
    Mage 120
    The rest in vet...
    Drop Taming/Lore to 115 and use bird tally
    Drop Magery to 105 and use spell book with 15 on it.
    Taming for sure if you can find a magery book that is not a slayer (tomb of enlightenment?) Then yes !
    Try this for level 3 as a mage.  First try and get appropriate slayer books.  When you locate the chest look for your escape route and consider putting a ev in the middle of it.  Chests come up on a count of two.  On one you see the chest and on two the spawn jumps out.  Get the rhythm down so on two you can be running away as fast as you can as the spawn jumps out.  When you are a safe distance away invis. to break any lock one of the spawn may have on you.  Then take your time going back and take on the spawn one monster at a time.  Get each one to follow you and finish them one monster at a time.  Another tech. that sometimes works pretty well is to pause after you locate the chest, then cast two ev’s in your escape route and then finish digging up the chest and let the ev’s do the work as you runaway.  Hope this helps.
     New build is a good pure mage build.
    Note it helps a lot to be mounted on a horse or something else.
    yes the most important strategy no matter your build is separating them off one at a time ...
    McDougle said:
    Taming for sure if you can find a magery book that is not a slayer (tomb of enlightenment?) Then yes !
    I have a lot of those (tomb of enlightenment?)
    McDougle said:

They are the +15 not slayer ones right i always forget? 

It's not that the undead one or ones from roof bad but i wonder if opposing slayers might get you killed 
    McDougle said:
    McDougle said:

They are the +15 not slayer ones right i always forget? 

It's not that the undead one or ones from roof bad but i wonder if opposing slayers might get you killed 
    Non Slayer Sorry wrong book
    Tome of Lost Knowledge

tome_of_lost_knowledge

(Greater)

Magery +15
    Intelligence Bonus 8
    Spell Damage Increase 15%
    Lower Mana Cost 15%
    I knew it was tomb of something!
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    @McDougle thanks, smile of the day

Tome
    noun: tome; plural noun: tomes
    a book, especially a large, heavy, scholarly one.

Tomb
    noun: tomb; plural noun: tombs
    a large vault, typically an underground one, for burying the dead.

Lol @Petra_Fyde ; thank you  :p
  • Awesome thanks a bunch I actually have been using a sdi 30 book I think it is an invasion book I’ll have to look at the tomb   The hardest part I had on the lvl 3 was not the initial spawn it was the ancient guardians that spawn while I’m removing trap they kill me a lot!

Yes they are the worst.  Learning remove trap is a pain.  Do lots of stash chests and you will get excellent gains on remove trap.  It gets better but takes awhile.
    The longer you wait after digging up the less chance of guardians... i always wait at 2 minutes use invising yourself for timer 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    start to remove, step a couple of tiles away and pre-cast invis. Drop it on yourself when they spawn.  If you're invised before they spawn they'll reveal you, but if you invis as they spawn you'll survive. Keep a summoned earth or something by the chest to provide a distraction.