Test Center 1 Update

https://uo.com/2021/09/10/test-center-1-update/

Greetings all,

TC Bug Fixes
  • Resolved issue with equipping the (newly created) Gargish Candied Staff.
  • All pack animals will continue to go wild based on their loyalty.
  • Resolved issue with VvV mounts not properly being released.
  • Pack animals and Hirelings will now only stay in the offline auto stable for 24 hours after which they will be deleted along with the items they might have in their packs.
  • Resolved issue with Imp Kin not being removed properly from players.

We hope you are enjoying this publish and thank you for all the feedback.

See you on TC!

UO Team

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    edited September 2021
    Work around for the 24 hr is log on every day
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    So, why are you worried about what others do?  They also can store things in ships.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    This can lose UO money.  EJ Accounts used for storage so they do not sub or rent a Vault.  Wasn't that the reason they were limited on the bank storage.
    Do you have #s on vault rentals?
    Do you?  Do you have # of EJ Accounts?  Do you have # of paid accounts?  Kind of stupid questions don't you think?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    We worry about nothing a lot...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
     :D 
    I have 1000 EJ accounts with 5000 Beetles that I will log in every day.  Will save me $1000s a month on Vault rental.
    Good for you!!
    I am sure with your auto logger it will be no problem and they can stay logged in all day and will auto log when server goes down everyday  Kind of getting a little stupid aren't you @Pawain
    edited September 2021
    Yup where is your house I'll move all of them there and stand outside. 

Wait people can do that now with EJ accounts. Just stay logged in.  I guess I never noticed this terrible issue with EJ accounts.

Where is the auto logger in CC?
    Vault cost 300 Sov and is good for 30 days so 1 EJ account with 2 Chars and 5 packies can take care of 12 other EJ Chars or 6 EJ Accounts.
    I get confused aren't all the EJ accounts stealing IDOCs? No wait afk farming arties no wait they are mass duping dang i forget what those meddlesome kids are doing..
    I think if there are actually vault users, they would continue to pay for the convenience of not logging in daily. Especially if it is on the 24 hour timer. That thing is horrible.
    One thing we can be sure of is they're not wearing transmoged top hats now are they....  @Kyronix @Mesanna
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    @Kyronix Could you clarify this point?
    • Pack animals and Hirelings will now only stay in the offline auto stable for 24 hours after which they will be deleted along with the items they might have in their packs.
    Does this mean that my miner will need to stable his 5 pack animals instead of just logging out at home with them if he will not be logging in within 24 hours?
    If they are empty then then stable the min you log out, if they have items in them they hang around for about 1 hr.  I bonded 5 packies on TC and left 1 empty, I will wait 2 days and see how many I have left, I am think it will be 1 and 4 will go byby
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2021
    “So if you have trained a giant beetle to 5 slots and all 120 powerscrolls, can still go wild because it has a pack? Ouch ”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “So if you have trained a giant beetle to 5 slots and all 120 powerscrolls, can still go wild because it has a pack? Ouch ”
    24 hours to login and stable it...
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Yoshi said:

Only if you left something in its pack.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,897
    Yarrrrrrr we be needin pumpkin cannons at da blackmarket
    edited September 2021
    Yoshi said:
    McDougle said:
    Yoshi said:
    24 hours to login and stable it...
    No 24 hours to refresh your loaded packie.  Just log in, refresh your pet and then let the system take over.  This will be even worse when we had all the auto logging BOD BOTS in Luna inn, now we will have auto loggers and packies in every inn in any city with Tram rule set.  Or they can just auto log in Luna Bank and they will be there all day just like all the other bank sitters.

I love the fact that UO is trying to save our scrolled out pets from going BYBY but sometimes the FIX can be worse the the problem.  I have never lost a pet and some may say that I am lucky or that my time is coming and that may be but IMHO I do not  want to see a bunch of packies all over the place.  My miners/resource gathers would love this as I would only have to unload my pets when all of them are full and not every day.
    I think people are seeing monsters in the dark that just aren't there... take deep breaths and quit looking for the worst in everything I'd tip my top hat now but you know  ;)
    So why should EJ Accounts pay for anything, maybe we should give them a work around to own a house too then we can all make our paid accounts EJ Accounts and never pay UO another dime.  Funny how point out a potential exploit is a bad thing.  How dumb.
    edited September 2021
    Seems you are the only hater of EJ accounts.  You can't even get Keith to join you. 

They already took too much away from them.  I'd rather have some new players at the cost of seeing a bug in an inn for  2 hours.

Even tho you accuse everyone of having EJ accounts, I have never had one. I pay for my accounts.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited September 2021
    Mariah said:
    Yoshi said:

Only if you left something in its pack.

@Mariah , @Kyronix

Wait a minute.

1) - 
    No Pack Animal can be stabled while holding anything in its pack.

2) -
    EJ "free" Accounts, that I know of, if they are riding a Blue Beetle, and I stress the word riding here, if that Blue Beetle has anything in it, it cannot log of.

Now, let's get to a paid for, SUBSCRIBED account.

3) -
    If a character has a bonded pack animal with him/her, out of the stables, included a Blue Beetle if not ridden (for example a Gargolye who cannot ride a Blue Beetle), and that NOT RIDDEN pack animal has items in its pack, if the character was to log off, that NOT RIDDEN pack animal would not log off along with the character.

4) - 
    If a Character is RIDING a Blue Beetle, and the Blue Beetle has stuff in its pack, BOTH the character and the Blue Beetle can log off AND the stuff that the Blue Beetle has in its pack IS saved up and WILL be found when the player will eventually log back in with that character, and this, with no limits of time.

Now, I have several characters (which I cannot play since they atre riding loaded Blue Beetles) on my subscribed account on several Shards, several of which I do not have a House since 1 account can only have a house on 1 Shard, who are riding Blue Beetles with 125 items in them that I have nowhere else to store.

Kyronix and Mariah, PLEASE, tell me that # 4 is NOT going to change in any way and that I can keep having my Blue Beetles logging off with the characters RIDING them AND keep the stuff that the Blue Beetle is holding, indefinitely (beyond the mentioned 24 hours) on all of the Shards where I need such storage capacity, especially those where I lack the ability to have a House there, since I already have a House on my Home shard.

Because, I have NOWHERE ELSE to put that stuff, especially on those Shards where I cannoy have a House, and I do NOT want to loose all those items.

And no, I do NOT want to go nuts having to have to remember refreshing lots and lots of ships across several Shards.

I play the game for fun and if you make the fun become such a tedious chore to have to store items, well, maybe the time has come for me to quit UO for good, once and for all, and close my subscriptions.

Thank you.

Not to mention, all of the players currently having their subscriptions as active, and being paid, BUT, not currently playing nor checking the Forums or the Patch Updates and, yet, having their characters logged off while RIDING Blue Beetles loaded with 125 items in the Blue Beetle's pack.

What do you think their reaction will be, whenever they will resume playing UO and go get those items from their RIDDEN Blue Beetles which they logged off with their characters, SURE that all those items, perhaps some also of a high value or meaning to them, were safe (they left their subscription active and paid for, even when not playing) and no longer finding those items in their RIDDEN Blue Beetles' packs that they logged off with their character ?

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    If you are riding it, it auto-logs with you....this is mainly for pack animals that are not ridden. If you are riding a blue beetle and you log out in a safe log out location, you will be fine.

Yes...tested it just to be sure....if you are ON it..it logs out with you.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Larisa said:
    If you are riding it, it auto-logs with you....this is mainly for pack animals that are not ridden. If you are riding a blue beetle and you log out in a safe log out location, you will be fine.

Well, did you test it "after" the mentioned 24 hours have lapsed ?

That is, are you sure that the ridden Blue Beetle that you saw logging off with your character at a safe location will not get wiped of all of its contents at the lapsing of the 24th hour ?

I would still prefer to have an official clarification from @Kyronix or @Mariah , hopefully.

I think the matter is rather important and serious to many players out there who keep stuff on their RIDDEN Blue Beetles logged off with characters at a safe location on paid for, subscribed accounts, that it should deserve a clear and unmistakable clarification....
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    popps said:
    Larisa said:

That is, are you sure that the ridden Blue Beetle that you saw logging off with your character at a safe location will not get wiped of all of its contents at the lapsing of the 24th hour ?

I would still prefer to have an official clarification from @ Kyronix or @ Mariah , hopefully.

I think the matter is rather important and serious to many players out there who keep stuff on their RIDDEN Blue Beetles logged off with characters at a safe location on paid for, subscribed accounts, that it should deserve a clear and unmistakable clarification....
    I have no idea why people try to help you with things you could try yourself...

vortex said:
    popps said:
    Larisa said:

I would still prefer to have an official clarification from @ Kyronix or @ Mariah , hopefully.

I have no idea why people try to help you with things you could try yourself...

Then he denies the answer they give him.