Treasures of Hythloth on TC

These are test prices so ppl can get them quick.

Looks like its going to be a rerun of rewards.
Epauletts and 50% spellbooks make a return. Boots of escaping. Sterling silver ring. Mask of Khal Ankur.

New things.  A demon slayer Tali:

A chest Armor:

A new Lantern for shield slot:

Some deco items 

It is a spread out dungeon, tamers will do just fine.

@popps and all go mark runes in Hythloth and make slayers.  Demons from Wildfire will be used again.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/world/dungeons/dungeon-hythloth/
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• OrichOrich Posts: 20
    @Kyronix I know still on Test center but Please let us use dyes on the new artifacts
    I just tested all of them and wont allow me to use

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

No Champ Spawn on this one - this one will be harder to farm?

Is it in Felucca?

• I wonder who thought it would be a great idea to implement a talisman that is basically an enchantress' cameo just worse. Who in their right mind would pick that thing over an actual demon slayer cameo?
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    I wonder who thought it would be a great idea to implement a talisman that is basically an enchantress' cameo just worse. Who in their right mind would pick that thing over an actual demon slayer cameo?

People like me, who have done many many roofs, and never had a Cameo drop, ever :)

Yes it's a poor mans Cameo, but there are some poor men!

• I wonder who thought it would be a great idea to implement a talisman that is basically an enchantress' cameo just worse. Who in their right mind would pick that thing over an actual demon slayer cameo?

Me. A Conjurer's Trinket with another slayer. Despite farming the roof with my guildmates, the drop rate just doesn't cooperate. I also don't have hundreds of millions of gold to spend on them. Something like this helps poorer and newer players elevate their suits.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    50 turns in for a demon cameo it s a joke or what?
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    edited September 2021
    I wonder who thought it would be a great idea to implement a talisman that is basically an enchantress' cameo just worse. Who in their right mind would pick that thing over an actual demon slayer cameo?

the guy took a bad picture

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    is that a balloon armour set or a item u buy?

actually I wont do a Popps I will go look for myself 

Just chest there right now.  It is decent   Chest is a piece that Dexxers need.  It is like crafting and not hitting the 10LMC and 10 Stamina.  You could easily craft A swordsman ot fencer suit with this and another high resist piece.  Would be more difficult for macer or Archer/Thrower  need the 10s.

LOL there is no garg version so start feedbacking for that.
  • we need a mage version of the chest piece please
  • Great, another boring ass TOT. Devs can't make any new real content so why not spam these. Even better, a bunch of the same rewards wohooooo. I don't even bother trying to defend the poor decisions these Devs make anymore, I just tell people that are on the fence to just quit.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    we need a mage version of the chest piece please
    It will be Antique when it hits the Prodo shards...  :D
    username said:
    Great, another boring ass TOT. Devs can't make any new real content so why not spam these. Even better, a bunch of the same rewards wohooooo. I don't even bother trying to defend the poor decisions these Devs make anymore, I just tell people that are on the fence to just quit.
    I agree with the rerun part.  These Dynamic events are what we will have until NL is out.  

Needs more deco since I have all the other stuff already.

I guess it is a chance to get the reruns on Atl and make some gold.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited September 2021
    I hope that the Design of this new Event will see "OTHER" Templates to be able to get their Treasures of Hythloth Artifact drops at a comparable rate to that of Warriors/Sampires and variations of....

Aside from Tamers be made capable of killing MoBs faster, at a rate more similar to that of Warriors/Sampires, I hope that also thieves will be able to get their drops, and so Bards, Spellcasters and so forth.... and not feel as always the underdogs, when they compare their Templates to those of Warriors/Sampires and their variations of....

@Kyronix , please make it so that also other Templates can be succesful to get their Treasures of Hythloth Artifact drops, and not once again get us to see that it will be Warriors, Sampires and their variations of to be the ones to be used also for this Event if one wants to max out his/her drops....

Thanks.
    Fortis said:
    These are TC prices so players can get them quick.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

Wand of Warding (left)
    Lantern of Protection (right)
    are dyeable with natural dyes, before using shield transmog potion
    after using potion, you can use pigments

dull ruby natural dye (lit)
    i only had one charge, otherwise I would have loved to see them on the wand
  • Pawain said:
    Fortis said:

Since this isn't a cameo -- it lacks the SSI -- I hope it stays at 50.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Provo is very fixed my good friend/arch nemesis was well pleased 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Pawain said:
    Fortis said:

Since this isn't a cameo -- it lacks the SSI -- I hope it stays at 50.
    It is a Demon Trinket.  Trinkets r less popular because they lack SSI.

Well after looking at the prices for the Undead Lords.  It may stay 50.
    popps said:
    I hope that the Design of this new Event will see "OTHER" Templates to be able to get their Treasures of Hythloth Artifact drops at a comparable rate to that of Warriors/Sampires and variations of....

Aside from Tamers be made capable of killing MoBs faster, at a rate more similar to that of Warriors/Sampires, I hope that also thieves will be able to get their drops, and so Bards, Spellcasters and so forth.... and not feel as always the underdogs, when they compare their Templates to those of Warriors/Sampires and their variations of....

@ Kyronix , please make it so that also other Templates can be succesful to get their Treasures of Hythloth Artifact drops, and not once again get us to see that it will be Warriors, Sampires and their variations of to be the ones to be used also for this Event if one wants to max out his/her drops....

Thanks.
    Again I invite you to come to LS to watch tamers get drops.  Also archers, bards, Throwers, Magic users.

All are there getting drops.

You just read a thread from an LS NOOB that thought our tamers are OP.
  • popps said:

@ Kyronix , please make it so that also other Templates can be succesful to get their Treasures of Hythloth Artifact drops, and not once again get us to see that it will be Warriors, Sampires and their variations of to be the ones to be used also for this Event if one wants to max out his/her drops....

Thanks.
    One again I find the “thanks” very entertaining,  like you actually think they are going to do this just for you

there are paragons in the treasures of event so NO you can’t use a stupid thief 

have you trained a sampire In This last YEAR or so since you have been continuously ignoring advise or just plan refusing to so so?

You have this rather worrying dilution and belief that the game will adapt to your personal requirements and flat refuse to learn that it won’t 

so go for it. Take your thief in there and suffer from your ignorance as you flat refuse to adapt

i can’t wait for the repetitive boring moan fest you will undoubtably waste play time on debating with everyone and trying to discredit everyone ams yet still be completely inept at the game and fail yet again due to your total ignorance

• demon cameos will definitely drop in price, half of the people using a cameo doesn't even have a change in their swing speed.   so there won't be a difference between this and the cameo for most players.

I do like the Balron Bone Armor though, that's pretty solid.
    Cookie said:

No Champ Spawn on this one - this one will be harder to farm?

Is it in Felucca?

It is not in fel on TC1 currently, but I don't believe the Fire wildfire event was in fel during the TC1 testing either... here's to hoping it'll be active on both sides.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Pawain said:
    popps said:

Thanks.
    Again I invite you to come to LS to watch tamers get drops.  Also archers, bards, Throwers, Magic users.

Sure that they get drops, I am not doubting that.

YET, are they getting drops "as fast" and "as frequently" as Warriors, Sampires and their variations of ?

This is the core of the issue....

If one wants LOTs of Artifact drops, the way to go, so far, has been Warriors, Sampires and their variations of.

I hope, that for the Treasures of Hythloth this will change, and that also other Templates will be able to get their drops in the SAME capacity and rate as Warriors, Sampires and their variations of.
    popps said:

Thanks.
    One again I find the “thanks” very entertaining,  like you actually think they are going to do this just for you

have you trained a sampire In This last YEAR or so since you have been continuously ignoring advise or just plan refusing to so so?

You have this rather worrying dilution and belief that the game will adapt to your personal requirements and flat refuse to learn that it won’t 

so go for it. Take your thief in there and suffer from your ignorance as you flat refuse to adapt

i can’t wait for the repetitive boring moan fest you will undoubtably waste play time on debating with everyone and trying to discredit everyone ams yet still be completely inept at the game and fail yet again due to your total ignorance

How so ?

The beauty of Design, is that the Designers can do whatever they want....

For example, in order for thieves to be able to get their drops, they could make it so that the use of the Ninjitsu Shadow Mastery would protect from being revealed from Paragons...

Or, if they prefer, they could Design a Thieves Mastery which could do that...

Sure, "after" stealing form a Monster and getting an Artifact drop the thief would get revealed BUT, if the downtime before being able to re-hide was made short enough and balanced, a thief "could" have a decent chance at making a steal for an Artifact drop and get into hiding again before they get killed....

right now its free to make any template go to test and learn...and it is not a race to see who kills fastest ...
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    popps said:

Thanks.

Sure that they get drops, I am not doubting that.

YET, are they getting drops "as fast" and "as frequently" as Warriors, Sampires and their variations of ?

This is the core of the issue....

If one wants LOTs of Artifact drops, the way to go, so far, has been Warriors, Sampires and their variations of.

I hope, that for the Treasures of Hythloth this will change, and that also other Templates will be able to get their drops in the SAME capacity and rate as Warriors, Sampires and their variations of.
    How many times do I have to tell you,  My Archer was killing stuff before any other type template could get to it.  This dungeon is spread out.  You just need a demon slayer. 

A tamer using area spells can kill the normal mobs quick.  There are 25% and 30% demon books.
    All templates have to slow down for the Paragon Balrons.

Quit complaining or come to LS and learn to play your tamer. I also told you the player on LS that got the most drops in Tram was a Tamer.  There is no spawn in Fel so if it is open it will be the same this time.

Hopefully they increase the spawn rate like they said.

Also there are 4 floors, you can pick the places you like.
  • Amazing items, I want it all. :)
    It sounds almost like a little expansion.
    I did Roof more than 200 times, and demon cameo never dropped, all the other ones several times, so new trinket is very welcome.
    Neither the wand or lantern will be able to have transmog used as they have no resistance or stat..
  • I like that the pentagram actually does something even if its kinda ehhhh.

It basically makes imps ignore you til you attack one. After that its completely gone and they all aggro. There is no cool down timer, I was able to go back to my house and use it again immediately after. Shout out to @Kyronix for popping fire so I could test it ^^.

Myself & several discords I am in are looking forward to see how you guys end up implementing this in Fel. We would be excited to see it extend all the way down into the Abyss spawn. It was nice when you guys added it in Ice Dungeon but it was really a non starter for PvP since there is no champ spawn there, which is what we care about most. 
  • For those testing the Treasures of Hythloth, is the spawn rate better?
    They heard me and put on a Garg chest also!