Cool, we got Shield Orbs, Pirate Shields, Bottles and Transmogrify Potions, but what happened to???

Hand held instruments?  This has been a long term request for bards to be able to equip their instruments.  With the introduction of these transmogrification potions, why can't we as of yet carry our instruments transmogrified from shields to make them useful?  In addition, why can't we do the same with lanterns?  Here's to hoping the instruments can be held in the spellbook hand with a future transmogrify potion that can transfer the abilities of a scrapper on to them.  *crosses fingers* 

Thank you for the publish with all the new art, gifts and fixes @Mesanna @Kyronix @bleak @Misk @Onifrk @Levitica

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    I do not understand why someone would want to carry an instrument unless it is deco or turns into a shield. Why would you waste a slot?  Or they do it and ruin my archer/bard.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    I do not understand why someone would want to carry an instrument unless it is deco or turns into a shield. Why would you waste a slot?  Or they do it and ruin my archer/bard.

You could just not use them,???
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    If they do anything special then I would want to that's the issue.
  • Why would you want to do this?  Your literally asking to be nerfed.  I think I'll take a bow over hold a stat lute any day. 
    I'm not an archer I'm a bard why does anyone care what i and other Bards want to hold ? If you don't want don't get 
    As long as its 2 hands and takes the neck slot also and has no stats on it, just deco.  

They should make it.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    I don't know what kind of musicians you all are but I don't play my instrument safely tucked in its case; I hold it. 
  • the not sucky kind apparently 
    edited September 2021
    Make it a blank for a weapon/book transmog.  Flute, audchard,tambourine  1 hand Lute, harp, drum 2 hand.

If they must carry one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO17hN-YvBc

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2021
    Hand held instruments?  This has been a long term request for bards to be able to equip their instruments.  With the introduction of these transmogrification potions, why can't we as of yet carry our instruments transmogrified from shields to make them useful?  In addition, why can't we do the same with lanterns?  Here's to hoping the instruments can be held in the spellbook hand with a future transmogrify potion that can transfer the abilities of a scrapper on to them.  *crosses fingers* 

Thank you for the publish with all the new art, gifts and fixes @ Mesanna @ Kyronix @ bleak @ Misk @ Onifrk @ Levitica

How can a round orb be used to act and replace a physical shield? Let me use a longsword and chop while someone try to block the attack with a glass globe. I have never seen any movies, or stories with mages carrying an orb and using it to block like a shield.

If any orb is used as a "shield" is because it produces a magical shield which should then consume mana. It should not have the 5 resistances like a normal physical shield.

Next maybe they will make us brooms or tooth picks to kill knights in shiny armor. Splintering brooms and armor piercing tooth picks.

Mages should have a heavy penalty to use shields, for example they should not be able to cast spells, or to reduce spell damage or to add 3 more seconds to all casting speed.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited September 2021
    Seth said:

Thank you for the publish with all the new art, gifts and fixes @ Mesanna @ Kyronix @ bleak @ Misk @ Onifrk @ Levitica

How can a round orb be used to act and replace a physical shield? Let me use a longsword and chop while someone try to block the attack with a glass globe. I have never seen any movies, or stories with mages carrying an orb and using it to block like a shield.

If any orb is used as a "shield" is because it produces a magical shield which should then consume mana. It should not have the 5 resistances like a normal physical shield.

Next maybe they will make us brooms or tooth picks to kill knights in shiny armor. Splintering brooms and armor piercing tooth picks.

Mages should have a heavy penalty to use shields, for example they should not be able to cast spells, or to reduce spell damage or to add 3 more seconds to all casting speed.
    My mages use shields for the intel and mana stats.  No Stamina ,no dex no DCI on my shield. Mine has +1 resist.  Orb is perfect.

I guess you do not look at many shields on mages.

temp.bmp 243.1K
    edited September 2021
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:

My mages use shields for the intel and mana stats.  No Stamina ,no dex no DCI on my shield. Mine has +1 resist.  Orb is perfect.

I guess you do not look at many shields on mages.

Of course real shields act as "shield" in addition to having magical properties.

Mages can carry something on the left hand which gives them additional "magical properties", just like earrings do nothing but gives magical enhancements.

But the orb is an Orb should not act like a shield with ability to parry for a mage.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I kind of see the orb as having a shielding effect on the mage holding it. Something metaphysical unlike a physical shield. 

I think it is a cool addition to the game. Mages carrying shields always did seem a little off. I like that they can be dyed too. 
    edited September 2021
    dvvid said:
    I kind of see the orb as having a shielding effect on the mage holding it. Something metaphysical unlike a physical shield. 

I think it is a cool addition to the game. Mages carrying shields always did seem a little off. I like that they can be dyed too. 

It is alright for mages to carry something lightweight and small on the left hand to magically enhance their stats etc. Same as the shoes or earrings.

But to be able to carry a physical shield and to enjoy parrying physical attacks without affecting their spellcasting abilities is crap.
    edited September 2021
    Seth said:
    dvvid said:

It is alright for mages to carry something lightweight and small on the left hand to magically enhance their stats etc. Same as the shoes or earrings.

But to be able to carry a physical shield and to enjoy parrying physical attacks without affecting their spellcasting abilities is crap.
    I have no weapon skill, no parry, 10DCI from things that give intel or mana.

I doubt I would parry anything.

Don't blame the Orb for the game mechanics.

Did you not see my shield it has all mage properties!
    Can seth show us where the parry mage hurt him ?
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    edited September 2021
    Unless equipping instruments has significant gameplay advantage over bow / other stuff,  no way. and absolutely not just for deco.  We got enough deco crap in this game.  Upgrade the client graphics to higher resolution and then we can add pointless stuff like this
    Drago said:
    Unless equipping instruments has significant gameplay advantage over bow / other stuff,  no way. and absolutely not just for deco.  We got enough deco crap in this game.  Upgrade the client graphics to higher resolution and then we can add pointless stuff like this
    It's only pointless to YOU it's very important to me and the other Bards 
  • Drago said:
    I agree, but it seems the players that don't really do anything but sit and look pretty at the bank get there way most of the time.  We'll all suck soon, but we'll look so cool at the bank holding a lute...lol
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Jepeth said:
    I don't know what kind of musicians you all are but I don't play my instrument safely tucked in its case; I hold it. 

Im a DJ, keep a small speaker in my pocket with pre-recorded tunes i can entice people with... wait it hasnt been entice in 20 years.
    Never have i met so many fun suckers giving bards this bone would effect no one..
    McDougle said:
    Never have i met so many fun suckers giving bards this bone would effect no one..
    Yes it will if it makes it more powerful or has stats.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Yes it will if it makes it more powerful or has stats.

oh and you had to make a choice....
    There ya go you want stats on it.  No thanks.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    Drago said:
    I agree, but it seems the players that don't really do anything but sit and look pretty at the bank get there way most of the time.  We'll all suck soon, but we'll look so cool at the bank holding a lute...lol
    do what i do.  use the fart /emote in EC.  everyone hears it
  • Nails_WarsteinNails_Warstein Posts: 127
    edited September 2021
    So this question about equipping musical instruments was posed at the 20th anniversary by yours truly and at a few subsequent Dev Meet & Greets by others.  Listen to their response at the 20th anniversary at mark 1:30:39

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1A3VNEcPtg&t=5439s

Its truly perplexing that they haven't done this yet.  Considering that @Onifrk, an artist who could make this possible with the help of others asked for this in 1999.  Notice the applause.  
    McDougle said:
    Can seth show us where the parry mage hurt him ?
    It doesn't hurt me ofcourse. I don't play parry Mage anymore that is why I complain about it.

Just like some players who don't play sampire like to complain about sampire. How did sampire hurt them?
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    dvvid said:

I have no weapon skill, no parry, 10DCI from things that give intel or mana.

I doubt I would parry anything.

Don't blame the Orb for the game mechanics.

Did you not see my shield it has all mage properties!
    Obviously not referring to pvm mages. I have not seen any pvm parry mage or I will rofl.