Water Tiles?

Has anyone ever suggested to the Devs that maybe Water Tiles be introduced, like the Grass/Snow/Swamp Tiles?

I know a few people who own new castle designs who would love to turn a part of their house into a personalized pond-type or moat-type thing ...

@Mesanna @Mesanna1 @Bleak @Kyronix
~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I'm sure someone has over the years. You can sift thru old meet and greet transcripts and see. I seem to remember someone asking at one but no idea the answer. (My best guess would be Soon or No.)
  • So far it has always been no -ish. We have asked to get them as sea boss drop and lots of things. Last time we were asking for it that I know of, We got thoose Koi ponds.  They were  great looking but still not the same thing . After we got thoose I have not heard anything about water tiles.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited February 2020
    A nice thing, IMO, could be the creation of a "General Tile" Item, either as a new Item or as the conversion of the already existing Tiles (they have already done the latter with the Teleporters).
    Reusable and with a Menu/Gump for choosing each time what kind of Tile it will be: Sand, Water, Grass, Snow, Lava, Swamp, etc.
    After all the differences between the various kind of Tiles are, as now, only cosmetic, and there are already many installable/disinstallable Items that one can reconfigure at every new intallation: Banners, etc.
    Moreover, in this way we will have, at last, no more problems of Tile stacking incorrectly!
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    Has anyone ever suggested to the Devs that maybe Water Tiles be introduced, like the Grass/Snow/Swamp Tiles?

I know a few people who own new castle designs who would love to turn a part of their house into a personalized pond-type or moat-type thing ...

@ Mesanna @ Mesanna1 @ Bleak @ Kyronix
    I make water tiles with cloth dyed three different colors, stack them, and raise them each a bit. Throw in some grantie blocks. Remembered how we used to make the old aquariums years ago. Comes out looking like this. My first try. I will adjust it a bit when I have time.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Water tiles have been asked for several times, there are the animated water tiles from champions
    or dyed carpet tiles can make a fairly realistic water feature:

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Your talking about water tiles that look better than the ones they have?  Put those on my roof when I built my house because I liked the blue color.  When I tried to walk on the roof I could not so I asked UO why I could not walk on the roof the UO representative that came out told me they were water tiles and players can’t walk on water.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited August 2021
    Arnold7 said:
    Your talking about water tiles that look better than the ones they have?  Put those on my roof when I built my house because I liked the blue color.  When I tried to walk on the roof I could not so I asked UO why I could not walk on the roof the UO representative that came out told me they were water tiles and players can’t walk on water.
    We want water tiles like grass, sand, and snow tiles.  We should be able to walk on them. Or put the stones on them and walk on the stones.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:
    We want water tiles like grass, sand, and snow tiles.  We should be able to walk on them. Or put the stones on them and walk on the stones.
    To my knowledge - only 1 person had the ability to walk on water.... and I do not think anyone playing UO is Him. 

:) 
  • keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:
    To my knowledge - only 1 person had the ability to walk on water.... and I do not think anyone playing UO is Him. 

Why would Orion play UO?

And why not have walkable water tiles? Nothing says it has to be deep water. 
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:

• There are water tiles floating around in game.  But they are rare. I only know where a few are now. But its possible to use gozas and animated rocks and give water flow. I do it all the time 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    There are water tiles floating around in game.  But they are rare. I only know where a few are now. But its possible to use gozas and animated rocks and give water flow. I do it all the time 
    Do you ever make then sell houses like this???
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougle said:
    There are water tiles floating around in game.  But they are rare. I only know where a few are now. But its possible to use gozas and animated rocks and give water flow. I do it all the time 
     I do! People also hire me to decorate houses for them in game.  Archknights castle on Atlantic was one of the more recent ones I've done , but I've done decorative for many many people over the years.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    McDougle said:
     I do! People also hire me to decorate houses for them in game.  Archknights castle on Atlantic was one of the more recent ones I've done , but I've done decorative for many many people over the years.
    Well we should talk !!
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

• This is what I eventually ended up with at my castle ... but it still would be nice, especially with castles, to have an official water tile ala lava/swamp/sand/grass/snow tiles to be able to make ponds or moats or lagoons without having to buy up carpet/cloth and use dyes.

Currently, that "pond" is a very specific carpet tile dyed with clean-up dyes ... it got very expensive, but was worth it to match up the to the Koi pond. I am very happy with the end result, but still find myself wistfully imagining the possible deco ideas if I had water tiles.

~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • Has anyone ever suggested to the Devs that maybe Water Tiles be introduced, like the Grass/Snow/Swamp Tiles?

@ Mesanna @ Mesanna1 @ Bleak @ Kyronix
    Way back in the old days, some water tiles on the map could be picked up, and rumour had it that you could actually catch fish from them when locked down in your house. But I've never seen a water tile in person so I've never been able to try that for myself. It's all hearsay...
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

Currently, that "pond" is a very specific carpet tile dyed with clean-up dyes ... it got very expensive, but was worth it to match up the to the Koi pond. 
    were you dying each piece?
    I usually dye a whole stack of carpet tiles at once
  • Yes, I dyed stacks ... but it took a little while to find the exact dyes to use to match the Koi Pond, that was the expensive part.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

• Would be great to see water tiles... even in custom mode it's difficult to work with the water tiles... you can't place anything on them unless you lock stuff down first then go back and put the tiles down under the deco, and if you get it wrong it all bounces back to the house crate. Plain water tiles that could be locked down/walked on would be fantastic. And while we're talking tiles, can I chime in and plead for the half grass half dirt path tiles? Pretty please?
    Mayor of North Harbor Township, Atlantic Shard
    74503058 | Dryzzid#5091
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    Would love water tiles would give me a chance to finish one more thing on the castle. I find ladder and goza work well for placing over water. 
    image.png 1010.3K