Large Container Gump

I know from a previous question asked that it's in the works for the Soulstone Container to be made to have the large container gump feature.

Anyone know if other containers are being worked on as well? Commodity Deed Boxes maybe? Or any of the craftable furniture pieces beyond crates and chests? Decorative boxes? Armoires? 

I mean it's easy enough to put a crate inside another container that doesn't have this feature. But I was curious if there was discussion on other items being included down the road.

Thanks

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    This must be CC as already there in EC
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 731
    uh yep :-)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited August 2021
    Yes I brought that up when that feature was introduced.

No plans at this time was the answer. So I toss the chests that are small.

It would be a good time to make all containers have large gumps at the next publish. @Kyronix
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Thanks for the info, Pawain. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    McDougle said:
    This must be CC as already there in EC

this is what she is talking about.
    on some of the chests, they have all this space.

where is the setting in EC for this?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Turn off grid?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 88
    Yep. Large containers FTW.

Also the same with pack animals gumps, it would be nice to have a bagpack like the big chests nowadays.

Please, yes!
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
    I love the gold chests from shipwrecks but they are small.  The only ship wreck ones that do large are the barnacle covered ones.
    Yeah, the more I looked around the more I realized hardly any of the containers I use are converted to large container gumps. In fact the only large container here is the trash barrel. Who gives a hoot about being able to easily see what's in a trash barrel? :D

I'd have to add at least 30 other containers (crates I guess) inside these containers in order to get the easy to organize benefit. 

Easy enough to switch out the metal chest by the suit of armor for a paragon metal chest w/ large feature. But I'm particularly bummed the storage space created around the large forge, using crafted Decorative Boxes are still small. And I use tons of similar artwork containers, (strong boxes, commodity deed boxes, and crafted wooden box) none of which show large when opened. 

I've no idea if it's a difficulty in coding thing or feeling pressured to find the time to create new artwork (that matches the container types) that has put the kibosh on working toward large container gumps for CC. I'm assuming it's the former but just in case it's not...

Personally, as far as aesthetics go? It ain't gonna make my eye twitch that the artwork doesn't exactly match the container type. It's not going to change how my uo world looks if I open up a decorative box, a strongbox or an armoire and find it looks exactly the same as the inside of a crate, a paragon chest or whatever. I just want to be able to organize what's inside without having to double up each container to get the large gump benefit.

edited August 2021
    I see no containers in that pic that are large Gump. Other than the barrel.

I love the mosaic tile design!
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    McDougle said:
    Turn off grid?
    I use Pinco's UI when using the EC.
    so I am guessing by your comment that the regular EC has that as an option.

can you tell me where you found it?
    so I can tell my guildmates who DON'T use Pinco's where to find it.
    (I thought read somewhere that it was only available for CC users)

:s
    I hates it so much. This is so much worse than when someone doesn't like different foods to touch on their plate. Not being able to organize this mess is painful. It, for me, kinda sucks the fun out of playing pirate and looting ships.

How about this then...If you can't give us a large container Ship's Hold on CC could you perhaps make it so sub-containers don't have a weight limit? If you did that then just a single large crate that didn't have the 400 stone weight limit would be sufficient in cleaning up and organizing the hold.

The hold would still have the item limit. And there is already a weight limit. I know it's pretty high. Not sure I've ever reached the weight limit on the hold actually. But anyway, those two restrictions are enough to keep hoarding from being a problem if that's a concern.

I don't understand why something that would make such an improvement to the quality of the gaming experience on these ships isn't implemented.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    McDougle said:
    Turn off grid?
    I use Pinco's UI when using the EC.
    so I am guessing by your comment that the regular EC has that as an option.

can you tell me where you found it?
    so I can tell my guildmates who DON'T use Pinco's where to find it.
    (I thought read somewhere that it was only available for CC users)

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/technical/enhanced-client-container-views/

• FeigrFeigr Posts: 463
    edited March 13

I used to refuse to try EC just for the containers and keeping that unique backpack look of UO,  But man, EC is beautiful for the grid stuff.
    No, Feigr! No! lol
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 463
    Come to the dark side!
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,800
    Feigr said:
    Come to the dark side!

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,083
    LilyGrace said:

:s
    I hates it so much. This is so much worse than when someone doesn't like different foods to touch on their plate. Not being able to organize this mess is painful. It, for me, kinda sucks the fun out of playing pirate and looting ships.

How about this then...If you can't give us a large container Ship's Hold on CC could you perhaps make it so sub-containers don't have a weight limit? If you did that then just a single large crate that didn't have the 400 stone weight limit would be sufficient in cleaning up and organizing the hold.

The hold would still have the item limit. And there is already a weight limit. I know it's pretty high. Not sure I've ever reached the weight limit on the hold actually. But anyway, those two restrictions are enough to keep hoarding from being a problem if that's a concern.

I don't understand why something that would make such an improvement to the quality of the gaming experience on these ships isn't implemented.

Good for you Lily! I usually skip past grabbing the ore and cotton type stuff because in addition to taking forever to grab everything from the ship it takes me that long to also move it off the boat to your house/bank.

It looks like you have commodity deeds there though... are you able to deed everything up from the ship hold??
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    Yes @keven2002 you can use commodity deeds in a ship hold.
    Fishing or lobster fishing from a Tokuno Boat gives a +1 to fishing skillfactor. Commodity deeds can be filled and redeemed in the hold of a galleon.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,083
    Well shiver me timbers! This will save me some time going forward! Thank you
    @keven2002 Hi Kev - yeah, what Mariah said. <span>:smile:</span>

Wanted to add, you can also drag contents to the ship's hold on ships you’re plundering and use commodity deeds in their holds as well. Which could limit the hopping back and forth because of weight limits but you'd need so many deeds for cleaning out each ship it's not feasible. 

A pack animal would be the way to go to eliminate so much hopping I suppose, but I don’t have a pack animal that would be able to survive getting hit by orcs and serpents. 

Sorry for the thread drift here but while I’m talking mounts and pack animals at sea...Why is the blue beetle still the only pack animal we can ride? If I were to have a pack animal on a ship I'd sure wish it was that crab you buy at the store. I'm so sick of looking at those blue beetles.

Why can't we have a ride-able llama pack animal? While you're at it, add another crab mount that's a pack animal. Have it be a different color and charge more sovereigns. I'd pay for that. 

• TheoTheo Posts: 169
    Let me pile on here with ‘why do half of the paragon chests drop with enhanced container size and some are old’?  Same color. Same paragon. Some chests are small some are large. Please make them all large. 
    edited March 16
    Theo said:
    Let me pile on here with ‘why do half of the paragon chests drop with enhanced container size and some are old’?  Same color. Same paragon. Some chests are small some are large. Please make them all large. 

Yeah, that too. I was looking for a particular color of paragon chests to build a storage wall but my luck...all I found of that color were smalls. But at least there you have options, even if you can't pick a favorite color. With the Ship's Hold you're stuck having to use a whole other client and interface if you want to get past the small container. And I just won't do that.

I won't @Feigr ! I won't!
    One version of the chests are a solid color.  The others have a different shade around the edges.  That's why one is large and the other is not.  Would be nice if all containers had the large gump.