Does the size of your boat affect the quality of rewards from quests?

I realize you get smaller quests. Does this also mean smaller rewards?

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    I do not think so.  What quest are you doing that the size of the quest is determined by the size of your boat.
  • I do not think so.  What quest are you doing that the size of the quest is determined by the size of your boat.
    The seamonger says something about having a small boat and says he will give you a quest to suit that size...
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    I do not think so.  What quest are you doing that the size of the quest is determined by the size of your boat.
    The seamonger says something about having a small boat and says he will give you a quest to suit that size...
    TY I have always used the large boats, never knew the fishing quests did that.  Must be because of the 400 stone weight limit
  • Anyone have an answer?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    No i have seen people use the smallest ship and still get the 120 ps 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    McDougle said:
    No i have seen people use the smallest ship and still get the 120 ps 

the 400 stone hold ones?

Usually you need to use a tokuno ship to hold the larger orders since the largest order is 6 lines of 20 fish. It gets heavy.
  • Hmmm..

Doesn't sound like you guys are sure about this.

Would hate to invest hundreds of hours into fishing for the 120 PS and not get it.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    to be on the safe side, I would invest in a High Seas ship. If you don't want to travel to Sea Market to buy you can purchase a Tokuno boat in Zento. (which also gives a small bonus to fishing)
  • Mariah said:
    to be on the safe side, I would invest in a High Seas ship. If you don't want to travel to Sea Market to buy you can purchase a Tokuno boat in Zento. (which also gives a small bonus to fishing)
    The boat itself gives a bonus to fishing? Does it go beyond 100 skill?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I'm not sure, but it's only +1
    There are other advantages to the larger boats, larger hold capacity and the ability to use commodity deeds
  • Mariah said:
    There are other advantages to the larger boats, larger hold capacity and the ability to use commodity deeds
    You can use commodity deeds with large ships?

Like take 1000 lobster traps to and from your ship in the form of a deed?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited August 2021
    Mariah said:
    You can use commodity deeds with large ships?

Like take 1000 lobster traps to and from your ship in the form of a deed?
    yes
    also when you are plundering pirate and merchant ships
    you can put the resources (leather,ingots,etc) in the hold and use commodity deeds there too
    (in the NPC holds)
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Yes - the hold acts like a commodity deed box that lets you deed and undeed. The Tokuno boats are definitely worth getting.  They cost about 150k and the hold space alone is worth it. The Brit ship, although the hold is even bigger, I find is too big to fish and crab easily from. 

I have never heard of anyone getting a 120 from a small dragon boat with only a 400 stone hold max. Maybe it's because we realized how nice the Tokuno are and got one of those?
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    The large ships are so big that it is easy to fish 6 spots from 1 ship and you never have to move.  By the time you are done with the 6th spot the first is refreshed.
  • Thank you. All very useful information. Would have saved me a lot of time last night. lol