MESANNA or whoever is left working on this game. SORT OUT GHOST CORPSES NOW

Please just take some time OFF the shard no one asks dfor a fix this stupid game.

To replicate this COMMON problem so you cannot plead ignorance.....

2 or more of you log into EC on Sampires ,  either prince's or vanilla, it happens on with and you cannot use this as an excuse too do nothing......

go to a champ and kill stuff.  Make sure you are all running around.  

Then you will see dead images of mods turning up, no health, DEAD but you can still target them and you get killed as you are hitting NOTHING

DO this straight away, this is the PRIORITY, YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS need you to do your job and fix this once and for all.  This has been going no FAR TOO LONG and you just hide form it.

Fix it or hire someone that can

This is beyond a joke and yes it winds me up and NO I don't see why I should sugar coat it when you have left it far to long

As it stands the EC client is unplayable and having to constantly log to delete the image is NOT a fix and NOT my job. YOU deal with it

EC players cannot participate in team hunts until YOU fix this

Comments

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited August 2021
    It isn't as game breaking as you say, They can be annoying but a restart of the client fixes it, and while I know "I shouldn't have to restart my client" since you can clear your screen this way, it isn't "game breaking" and not something that needs a "drop everything and fix this NOW!!" attitude put towards it. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• well actually it is, when you are trying to do many champs and you have to stop frequently, find somewhere to hide out of the way to clear something that is broken in the game we pay for then YES its a big deal
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Yes insulting them will surely be an effective way of making sure the problem is fixed. 

I hate this bug too but now I hope they delay fixing it just to spite you. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I play EC too, and will admit I'm quietly hoping for a fix in the next publish, but it will probably depend on whether Bleak has managed to find out exactly what is happening to cause it.

It appears to be some kind of 'unresolved conflict'. When a mob has some how interacted with your character, but you were off screen when it died. Sometimes with my tamer, if a mob targets my pet, but another player saw it first and fights it, I leave the area, but when coming back I sometimes find the ghost of the mob, and sometimes the ghost image of the player.  Casting EVs and moving off screen quite often leads to finding a ghost image when you return I think?

If anyone has any further insight into what is actually happening, info works rather better than rants for helping to get bugs fixed.
  • well actually it is, when you are trying to do many champs and you have to stop frequently, find somewhere to hide out of the way to clear something that is broken in the game we pay for then YES its a big deal
    I am going to disagree, yes it is annoying, but not game breaking.

• sounds like you shouldn't be using a trash client and stick with the only good one.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Y'all would never make it as Bards  ;)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougle said:
    Y'all would never make it as Bards  ;)
    I will have to disagree with you too, I have 5 bards  ;)

• AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630

Attitude is everything.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    OMFG  LMAO  TY @AmberWitch
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Seeing these images is getting more common and they stay around for long time.  I see both player and foes that really are not there anymore.  Sometimes I will see a players false image when the player is in another part of the dungeon.  I can target the false images of foes but cannot cast spells at them. I accept they are there now.  These images have just become another part of the game to me.
  • sounds like you shouldn't be using a trash client and stick with the only good one.
    Been playing EC for so long now I couldn’t imagine trying to play CC. Lol kinda like CC players trying EC 
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited August 2021

As it stands the EC client is unplayable and having to constantly log to delete the image

The problem is the EC client believes these objects (players, monsters, etc) are still existing, and in their last known spot.  It affects the built-in macro functions too, things like target nearest enemy -- which get confused and don't produce the desired result.

Either the server isn't sending updates, or the client is not processing updates properly.  Could be a ref-counting issue (client side), or perhaps the server just isn't sending updates associated with the "ghost" entities.  The former seems more likely if this doesn't happen with CC.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Sounds like the same thing the CC does with houses bleeding over from Fel or when you log onto other shards, something is not clearing out of the client for some reason.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2021
    "if you have any additional information on reproducing this, please submit on the official thread started september 2018, little info has been supplied by players since:

"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    agree its annoying AF.  you dont even need to restart the client tho. just log out and log back in to fix