DUPED TELE RINGS?

are tele rings being duped? worth looking into

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    You do not dupe cheap stuff, you dupe 1P+ rare items.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Depends. If you could make a few plat quickly selling duped cheap stuff faster than duped expensive stuff.

Tele rings were going a mil a charge last i saw, but that was a year+ ago

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I have a large number of old items with spell charges, including around 20 teleport rings. They're not duped, they're just hoarded. I, and my hubby, aka Terry Fyde, looted them from mobs before AoS.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2021
    I have a large number of old items with spell charges, including around 20 teleport rings. They're not duped, they're just hoarded. I, and my hubby, aka Terry Fyde, looted them from mobs before AoS.
    "I think the issue is, each evening, every half decent player will burn through 10 tele charges, so that's 100 charges for a medium fight (Blitzkr... of ATL will use 100 himself alone), given that rings stopped spawning at AOS, the math for rings hoarded vs charges used every single night is not working out.

Also, the fact that you're hoarding them and not selling them is also confirmation of something not adding up

(mine are supplied to me for free as part of guild contract, not sure of their origin - i don't ask too many questions)"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    edited August 2021
    each weeks plently come from idocs...if it was duped price will go down not up it s now 5 mil per charge
  • FavianFavian Posts: 10
    THE FACT IS. tele rings run 3-5m per charge. there are players using tele rings non stop daily.. im talking 8-20 times per fight. add that up. and also there is a guild called PVP that mainly does this and I hear their guild leader gives them away FOR FREE for his guildies to survive.. (a little birdie told me)
    20 tele rings, 6-13 charges each will last a week at the rate players are using them.. this has been going on for months. 
    example:
    Bonsai Buddy — Today at 10:43 AM
    More like 6-8
    [10:44 AM]
    Well, when u run infinite teles, what's it matter ? 
  • @Favian ; I have 100000000 and 10000000000 of them, all years doing idocs.  just like @Petra_Fyde said, there is a lot of people that hoard them. also have same amount of invis items as well. Just because YOU dont have, doesnt mean it was or it is been duped. i mean, you really thing people will risk to get perma ban for duping tele rings?
    @ Favian  I have 100000000 and 10000000000 of them, all years doing idocs.  just like @ Petra_Fyde said, there is a lot of people that hoard them. also have same amount of invis items as well. Just because YOU dont have, doesnt mean it was or it is been duped. i mean, you really thing people will risk to get perma ban for duping tele rings?
    it was a general question. its not stupid to think theyre being duped. if they actually have them thats fine. you really think people on UO aren't stupid? HA
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited August 2021
    Let's see dupe a Tele ring or a book of 120 tactics.... tough decision.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    look. i dont do anything but kill people. and the people im trying to kill have unlimited tele rings ok?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited August 2021
    people like to collect things in UO.
    maybe people held onto them to help out other players
    if they didn't need it themselves.

I collect holiday deco but lately have decided its time to let some of it go.
    so maybe with people realizing they are worth $$$
    they are going through their stuff and letting it go too
    (or they just forgot they had it
    and they see the high demand for it now)
    Favian said:
    Pawain said:
    look. i dont do anything but kill people. and the people im trying to kill have unlimited tele rings ok?
    I have no idea about them and their amount of use.  I just wonder why choose that item over other items.  I  have an almost full chest of things with charges so I am sure others do.  I do not have a full chest of 120 tactics scrolls. lol
    edited August 2021
    Pawain said:
    Favian said:
    Pawain said:
    I have no idea about them and their amount of use.  I just wonder why choose that item over other items.  I  have an almost full chest of things with charges so I am sure others do.  I do not have a full chest of 120 tactics scrolls. lol
    PVP players are different. I'm not sure how duping works or if u can dupe certain stuff and not others or if its easier to do. but tele rings are really effective in PVP and would place a high priority for them. i think its around a plat for 150-200 uses. which would last a week or two for some players. thats why i dont use them. way too much. ive spent 100m for using them wisely for like a week. but thats as far as I'll go personally for them.. too expensive, but really effective. I'm not one to spend much on the game either.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    So let me get this straight, you PvP and the person you PvP against has an unlimited amount of Teleport jewels and you surmise that PvPer is duping them.  So can we surmise that all PvPers are cheaters using your logic?
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited August 2021
    People tend to forget that this game used to be populated like 2x Atlantic almost every shard, that is indeed alot of teleport rings that must  have been farmed and hoarded specially from the asian servers, alot must come from idocs like it's been said.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Favian said:
    Pawain said:
    This reply wins both UO and the internet...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "you don't need to dupe them when you can recharge them,

supplying no more info publicly on this matter"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Well that answers that question.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Yoshi said:

strange you dont post on them in the bugs section this exploit is ok with you?
  • I find allot in idocs. Have a vendor full of them on Chessy, 3.5 a charge if anyone needs to do some x shard shopping  :)
  • Would it be best to make them non-functional, and therefore of value only to those who like relics of the past? They really should have no place in modern UO combat.  AoS's mechanics are very different than those of the world those items were made for.  And AoS was released in 2003.

That's 18 years.

I mean, hoarded or duped....Isn't the issue that the world's changed, and what was commonplace is now over-powered?

Oh....To those of you who think that it's impossible those items are just hoarded, please understand that back in the day these were relatively common to find but less used than you'd think. And to those of you who think that it's impossible those items are being duped, please understand that you can't really underestimate dupers. AND that we're not talking about people who dupe for profit, we're talking about people who dupe for use. They ain't looking to sell.
    Would it be best to make them non-functional, and therefore of value only to those who like relics of the past? They really should have no place in modern UO combat.  AoS's mechanics are very different than those of the world those items were made for.  And AoS was released in 2003.

That's 18 years.

I mean, hoarded or duped....Isn't the issue that the world's changed, and what was commonplace is now over-powered?

Oh....To those of you who think that it's impossible those items are just hoarded, please understand that back in the day these were relatively common to find but less used than you'd think. And to those of you who think that it's impossible those items are being duped, please understand that you can't really underestimate dupers. AND that we're not talking about people who dupe for profit, we're talking about people who dupe for use. They ain't looking to sell.
    Ah the old let's just nerf this rather than fix the issue...
  • McDougle said:
    Would it be best to make them non-functional, and therefore of value only to those who like relics of the past? They really should have no place in modern UO combat.  AoS's mechanics are very different than those of the world those items were made for.  And AoS was released in 2003.

That's 18 years.

Ah the old let's just nerf this rather than fix the issue...

I just prefer to acknowledge when the world has changed.

Is the issue is duping, then yes, duping should be fixed. But that's not the only cheating problem this game has, and those should be fixed too. There are also a lot of other issues, only some of which are within the team's power to fix.

And if the issue is hoarding, then to my mind the only issue is the items themselves and the impact they have. You can't, and shouldn't want to try to, stop people in UO from hoarding items.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    So how are people recharging these
  • So how are people recharging these

My impression is that they're not.

They're either duping them; or relying on large hoards accumulated over the many years before AoS; or, I guess, some combination of both.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    So how are people recharging these

They're either duping them; or relying on large hoards accumulated over the many years before AoS; or, I guess, some combination of both.
    Yoshi said:

Was trying to get Yoshi to give up the secret.
  • So how are people recharging these

Yoshi said:

Was trying to get Yoshi to give up the secret.

I hadn't noticed his post. It would be news to me. It's intriguing.
    To get Merv to give up his secrets you must burn a candle on your head while chanting please Mr Blacksmith in a darkened bathroom mirror