Guards killing VvV players

GigglesGiggles Posts: 62
edited March 2018 in Bugs
To my knowledge this hasn't been fixed. So, I figured I would post about it over here in the official bug reporting place. I made a video to recreate what happens and why. The short version is, patrolling guards will instantly kill any red VvV players that attack them directly or indirectly. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gGmxvhutT4

Why fit in when you were born to stand out? -Dr. Seuss

Comments

• MiskMisk Posts: 61Dev
    Giggles said:
     The short version is, patrolling guards will instantly kill any red VvV players that attack them directly or indirectly. 
    This is on the list of bugs to fix for Publish 100.
  • nice!
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    Im not sure this a bug, if your red and the town has blue NPC's and your area damage or fields hits them then you should be whacked.  How hard is it to pay attention to what your doing?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    The guards are supposed to be deactivated. It’s not fair for only blues to be able to cast area spells in the zones. Half of my spells are area. 

If people like you didn’t act like little wieners and hide next to the guards, it wouldn’t be an issue. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    LOLOL.  no one runs by anything on purpose.  And what kind of mage only casts area spells, LOLOLOL
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    I like to use conflags which as you know last for a couple of seconds. On more than one occasion have blue npcs walked half a screen over to where I had dropped a conflag, received damage and gotten me guardwhacked. It really is annoying because npc behaviour sometimes is not very predictable. Same goes for mages with poisonfields for example. Just the other week I have seen a guy hastily trying to dispel his poisonfield tile by tile because a blue npc had wandered over...
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    Issue resolved in Publish 100.
    edited August 2020
    I got guard wacked two times today in skara brae Atl during VvV, trying to reveal a stealther was well inside the zone. There are still guards walking about there.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Also got guard wacked in Minoc Atl during VvV, however I am probably the only red mage left in the game (casting area spells) due to people opting for the FC1 bonus that blues get, so this is probably only affecting me. 

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2021
    "Just got guard wacked in skara brae again on ATL during VvV, one of those NPC guards walked into my conflag"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “It’s not possible for a GM or EM to remove these npc guards that are walking around if dev still too busy?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    Misk said:
    Giggles said:
     The short version is, patrolling guards will instantly kill any red VvV players that attack them directly or indirectly. 

Out of curiosity, how long is this "bugs list" ?

Also, we're well beyond publish 100... i'd imagine the bug list at this point is almost as long as the entire coding for the game itself...

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    CovenantX said:
    Misk said:
    Giggles said:

Out of curiosity, how long is this "bugs list" ?

Also, we're well beyond publish 100... i'd imagine the bug list at this point is almost as long as the entire coding for the game itself...

I don't think Misk posts here anymore.

His last visit was Feb 1 (so almost 2 months ago) and is only showing 140 visits total since 2018. This is compared to Bleaks almost 5k visits and Kyronix 9k visits.

It starts to make sense why there are more bugs introduced than fixed when when you consider that.