Tamer Build

I'm enjoying this build so I thought I would share. 
120 Animal Tame
120 Animal Lore
120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Bushido
100 Parry
95 Chivalry
*after jewelry and armor skill buffs
70 All resist
120 DI / 40 LMC / 100 LRC / 4FCR / 20 ManaRegen / 45 HCI / 30 SSI Suit using some artifacts
Basically Honor Target, Send pet out to attack (Cu trained with Heal, Chiv, Armor Ignore), Enemy of One, Consecrate Weapon, Lightning Strike, Using Slayer with Mana Leech and Mage Weapon.
Heal Pet using Greater Heal and heal myself using Confidence, spamming Heal if in trouble. Pet also heals me if I get too low.
When in trouble I just run and Invis and focus on letting Pet tank and keeping aggro. 
Sometimes my pet is able to solo a mob and so am I due to tankiness. 
So far I've only tried this out on Ancient Wyrms, Lord of Abyss, and some Renowned monsters and it works great. Also some Paragon during Wildfire Event. 
Does anyone else have a similar build? Any suggestions as to how to make this build 

Comments

• GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Question: why do you need 120 taming and lore? You cannot use mastery and cast at the same time.  Both 120 are for a tamer who rely on Consume. Do you? Otherwise 110 Lore and 112 Taming are quite enough . If need tame a pet- use jewels.  Having 95 and 97 real skill  will give you 48 points for a vet. With 2*20 Vet jewels (antique will do)  you will be able (not fast thou) resurrect your pet in solo adventures. 
    May be you can try ranged weapon with HLA and HLD ,  (fast bow with SC -1FC, mage weapon , HLA , HLD is easy to imbue or buy) it will help your pet to stay alive. 
    If you think are tanky  - try ninjia pet (triton) . All aggro will be on you. Or try Discord pet for different mobs where Chiv pet casts Enemy of One on self and dies fast. 
    You have no resist and all your healing ways do depend on Mana. Mana drains leaves you empty. I dont like this. Also you have no anatomy or wrestling , so almost anything is able to hit you if you have spellbook equipped.. 
    Try switching skills. First I advise you to try - is exchanging Parry and Chiv for Tactics and Anatomy. For both damage with weapon and defensive wrestling with Eval.  If removed parry - try using shield for more stats , FC , HP regen , whatever. Then get parry back, stone Bushido, try again. 
    Then Eval for Necro (99 for vampiric embrace). 
    Then try to make treasure hunter of this char. Where you will need at least 100 (better 300) skill points . 
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 50
    I’m not sure the values caps for being able to control a Cu 100% or close to it all the time but I chose 120 with taming and lore because I don’t want to have a issue with control or training. Are you saying if I lower my tame and lore to the values you said I can gain more skill points to put someplace else? If I can lower those skills I absolutely will.

I also don’t spell fizzle because I use reactive armor and protection spell. It does lower my faster casting, however this isn’t a build about casting fast. It’s a melee build using mage weapon and a pet for even more damage output. 

This is meant to be a hybrid style build. Kinda like tag team wrestling when you and your teammate are hitting on your opponent when the other opponents teammate and ref wasn’t looking for major damages. Lol You’d be surprised at how well it does for solo targets. Even when there are multiple enemies, when focused targeted by myself and pet we can normally burn down 2 to 3 magic enemies in seconds (like a Lord of Abyss and Fan Dancer at the same time). I never have an issue with mana, well not as of yet. Normally my pet and I burn down the enemy quickly. Where he damages using enemy of one and I do the same. But when RNG isn’t in favor of us the and the enemy happens to put out major damage to either me or my pet I have 175 mana to burn through for heals, Gheals, and Confidence. I also keep the mana due to fast attack while using the mana leech effect on weapon.  How do I not have any resists? All are well beyond 70. DCI is 15. Factor in Confidence and regular heal not fizzling due to protection spell living through burst is pretty easy. Also I parry and heal. My mastery is using Bushido and it boosts Confidence.

120 Magery and Eval puts me at healing 40+ damage every 1.25 seconds which is a faster heal than Vet by .75 seconds. 

I’d like to try the ninja Triton. What kind of damage output does one do? Is it more than EoO and Armor Ignore?

thank you very much for the feedback @Gwen.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Sounds like a great build !!
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    edited August 2021
    Haven't done the math, but it looks like your DEX is in the range of 10-20?
    If so, 100 parry may be wasted skill points (only 9-10% chance to block at 100 parry 120 bushido).  Much higher block chance at 80DEX.
    See:
    https://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/parrying.php

If you don't want to push your DEX up closer to 80, you may want to invest in necro/SS points instead of parry.

Regarding taming skill, most people want to focus on control chance.  You can hit 99% control chance with 118 taming + 108 lore.

See:
    https://www.uo-cah.com/pet-control-chance?taming=118&lore=108&requirement=108&controlcalc=calculate

If your control chance is too low, pet disobeys and is apt to go wild.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited August 2021
    Mandark said:

I’d like to try the ninja Triton. What kind of damage output does one do? Is it more than EoO and Armor Ignore?
    Find a Triton that has more than 200 str and more than 125 wrestling.

One of the ones I popped on the first night they were available it had 250 str. I made him into a Tank here:
    https://community.stratics.com/threads/triton-builds.409087/
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    McDougle said:
    Sounds like a great build !!
    Thank you! It’s a work in progress. I wanted to share and see if anyone else has tried a Mage Weapon build for melee with tamer. If this inspires or helps anyone else out, awesome!
    @Pawain thank you for the info. I would like to try the triton. Only disadvantage for elf is we can’t fly like the gargoyle. So it really puts this build at a disadvantage for getting to where you need to go. The Cu so far seems like it’s a good fit, however, how about the new pet? The ostard. Can it be strong in regards to damage output and tanking abilities? 
    Haven't done the math, but it looks like your DEX is in the range of 10-20?
    If so, 100 parry may be wasted skill points (only 9-10% chance to block at 100 parry 120 bushido).  Much higher block chance at 80DEX.
    See:
    https://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/parrying.php

If you don't want to push your DEX up closer to 80, you may want to invest in necro/SS points instead of parry.
    I definitely need to fix the dex issue. I didn’t realize that parry was affected so strongly by dex. That being said, since I have no mana issues with mana leech on weapon (even if I use animal tame mastery) I think I can afford to lose some int. Like split int and dex down the middle. That would do it. Because ultimately it would be nice for a mage weapon build with pets to actually be able to do melee.

Any other things I may have missed?
    Mandark said:
    I’m not sure the values caps for being able to control a Cu 100% or close to it all the time but I chose 120 with taming and lore because I don’t want to have a issue with control or training. Are you saying if I lower my tame and lore to the values you said I can gain more skill points to put someplace else? If I can lower those skills I absolutely will.

I also don’t spell fizzle because I use reactive armor and protection spell. It does lower my faster casting, however this isn’t a build about casting fast. It’s a melee build using mage weapon and a pet for even more damage output. 

This is meant to be a hybrid style build. Kinda like tag team wrestling when you and your teammate are hitting on your opponent when the other opponents teammate and ref wasn’t looking for major damages. Lol You’d be surprised at how well it does for solo targets. Even when there are multiple enemies, when focused targeted by myself and pet we can normally burn down 2 to 3 magic enemies in seconds (like a Lord of Abyss and Fan Dancer at the same time). I never have an issue with mana, well not as of yet. Normally my pet and I burn down the enemy quickly. Where he damages using enemy of one and I do the same. But when RNG isn’t in favor of us the and the enemy happens to put out major damage to either me or my pet I have 175 mana to burn through for heals, Gheals, and Confidence. I also keep the mana due to fast attack while using the mana leech effect on weapon.  How do I not have any resists? All are well beyond 70. DCI is 15. Factor in Confidence and regular heal not fizzling due to protection spell living through burst is pretty easy. Also I parry and heal. My mastery is using Bushido and it boosts Confidence.

120 Magery and Eval puts me at healing 40+ damage every 1.25 seconds which is a faster heal than Vet by .75 seconds. 

thank you very much for the feedback @ Gwen.

First I want to point is Eval does NOT affect your healing amount. Only Magery and INT.  Eval affects only magery direct spells damage. 

About taming: since taming is hard to raise, pinks and blues cost gazillions, you better keep my suggestion in mind till next time you will have Mythical token.   Your game play style affects loyalty. Spamming All Kill - All Follow  means lots of loyalty checks. Telling pet one time All Follow then All Guard Me and attacking mobs by yourself means only 2 checks. 

I beleive you are quite efficient. But you asked for some advices- here they are. Also see DEX as @ForeverFun mentioned.  There is event going in fire dungeon. Try to survive there. 

For triton - you better dont waste good for first try. Crap one with 114 Wrestling will do. People are usually giving them out for free or releasing. I buy them 1M per for my silly experiments. So if you are opening statues - do it in Tokuno , and dont release weaklings. Try different builds. Ninjia + FWW , Ninjia + FWW+Conductive blast + AOE , FWW + Aura of nausea , Ninjia + FWW +CB+ Talon strike , some will suit you , some not. 

Mage healing cannot heal poisoned pet. Vet can heal. Same is Mystic healing.  Try ranged weapon as I mentioned above. WithHLA and HLD. Your pet will bring mobs down faster and need less healing.  
    @Gwen ; The Eval is mainly for using buff spells, potential aoe damage spells, and it acts as my tactics for my mage weapon build. Otherwise id drop it. But this build is about doing melee damage alongside pet.

The way I do my pet command playstyle is (if i can ride it) I say all kill maybe 1 to 3 times (depending on how many mobs), and then I run up next to it and hit my auto mount pet macro. I have no issue with loyalty so far.  At least every time I check my loyalty its wonderfully happy. Although everything you are saying makes absolute sense. 

I did change my dex to 80 as @ForeverFun stated. I seem to have even more survivability and parry chance. Much better. Thank you ForeverFun.  My base stats are now 100str, 80int, and 80dex. 

I absolutely am gonna try out using ranged mage weapons. If thats the case I may be able to drop some skills like you stated. Thank you for all your advice as well. So far this build has been much fun. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2021
    “You can’t parry with a bow

(you might be better off just dropping the magery and Eval and taking tact and swords, that way you could evade and use weapon specials plus your faster casting would be capped at 4 not 2 if you have no magery)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    @Gwen you are right. I can confirm that Eval Int does not act like tactics for mage weapon. It only acts as tactics for magery spells. Eval Int does not enhance on hit weapon effects either. Like hit lightning. Again it only enhances Magery spells that you specifically cast. @Yoshi you are right.. dropping magery and Eval would be better.
    Mandark said:
    @ Gwen you are right. I can confirm that Eval Int does not act like tactics for mage weapon. It only acts as tactics for magery spells. Eval Int does not enhance on hit weapon effects either. Like hit lightning. Again it only enhances Magery spells that you specifically cast. @ Yoshi you are right.. dropping magery and Eval would be better.
    Sorry , we ruined your initial template  >:) 
    You only have    Taming and Lore left to drop.  :D    Like I did with my tamer-necro thrower for this Fire event. 
    @Gwen well I will say that my template didn’t necessarily destroy all opponents, but it was a fun and decently strong build. I remember back in the day when ancient wyrms could rarely be killed. This template can do that no problem. It is a fast paced build and excellent for farming high respawn areas such as like fan dancer dojo, and you could take on multiple enemies. Pet  fighting one and you another. It still can work, but had to drop eval int for sure. What I did find out was this:

Magery without eval int is a pretty good stand alone skill for utility and healing. Especially for pvp. Gheals, heals, cure, protection, reactive armor, recall, mark, gate, teleport, poison for interrupts, and the most needed invisibility are are extremely useful. I found though that I was trading out utility for damage output. So it’s really all personal preference. Also side note, I swapped out eval int and parry for vet and tactics. It did increase my damage output tremendously, but then I found I didn’t need Bushido as much as I wanted. So you can only change your build up so much to be disappointed and say “meh, I’m done.”

In conclusion, the build works, but it is not as strong as other builds for sure. Except for farming. It excels at farming!

I encourage all players to try and create there own unique builds, you learn so much about the game in doing so from other helpful players and meet good people along the way.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    All that matters is your build works for you 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Agreed @McDougle! So today I ended up dropping chiv and bush, and picking up music and discord. Like others have suggested, I also use a mage weapon as a debuff hit lower defense and mana leech. I keep consume up on Cu with chiv and AI. 

Utility and survivability are great. Damage is great. But it still very much feels like the same ol same. Not very exciting. Super effective, but not that exciting.
  • FearlessFearless Posts: 8
    edited August 2021
    I have been experimenting with a "Tamurai" build so i could at least get some fun from my Wildfire Ostard. The aim was a fun template that can be used for PvP/PvM. Stats/Gear set up like a warrior. Relies mostly on Weapon leech/Bush mastery to heal unless Necro is swapped on.

100lore/taming/parrying/resist/swords/tactics 120 bush. After gear boost = 115/115/120/120/120/110/120. Gear is still being tweaked as i'm playing.

PvM > Area attack pet or Disco Cu with whirlwind/double hit axes/AI staff for anything tough that isn't disco'd. Bushido mastery to heal when weapon can't leech enough. 

PvP > WFOstard/Melee..

I also have Necro stoned so can swap it for resist or anything except bushido when needed. 

So far its been a fun build even if it is very squishy. I think like your build, it's good in certain scenarios and worse in others.
    @Fearless, I like your build very much. This was exactly the build I was going for except trying to utilize magery with mage weapon. Mine works, but I believe yours is better. I’m going to try your build out.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    why can't we get that equipment stats page for our characters equipped gear...
    I agree @Drago. it sure would be nice to have that stat page built in without having to use a mannequin.
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    The build on my tamer is:
    120 Taming
    120 Vet
    120 Lore
    120 Music
    120 Peace
    100 Magery
    20 Med
    (120 Provoke and Discord are on soulstones).

She rocks. Making Honor fighting Balrons is assembly line work as is taming Greater Dragons solo.

• So Ive been working on a new build which I have found really fun. It does however require specific gear. Its a Bard/Tamer 6x120
    Animal Tame 120
    Animal Lore 120
    Music 120
    Discord 120
    Peace 120 (Peace Mastery for all the Regen for pets)
    Provoke 120 
    Chivalry 50 (all from gear) Close Wounds 100% chance and heal is based on Karma plus benefit                       from 4 faster casting and 6 faster casting recovery.
    Focus 40 Just for more mana regen to keep up peace mastery and heals.

With the right rings and bracelet I could get it to 60 Chiv and 50 Focus, (So still looking for those rings).
    This build has been so much fun. I'm eventually going to figure out a way to work in Virtuoso set. 
    The only downside is rezing pet if worst case scenario happens, also you have to be within 2 tiles from pet to use close wounds on them. 

Pet does all damage. Discord enemies for further damage reduction and damage done. Peace if in trouble. Provoke for multiple enemies. All added bonuses for being able to use all bard skills at max.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Bard masteries? Or tamer?

Could drop lore and taming to 115
  • @Norry Peacemaking mastery for the regen to my pet. It basically keeps me full of mana, heals me up after I area peace. I don’t have to really close wounds heal my Cu unless he’s being dumped on initially.  Plus my Cu gets 30% damage reduction from peace mastery. And then I discord the enemy making it even easier for my Cu to stay alive. If he starts to get overwhelmed with too many enemies, well I then provoke. It seems to be working really well thus far.

I’ve thought about dropping Lore and Taming to lower values, but it was a pain to get to 120 and I’d hate to ruin my 120 gains.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    I understand, pinks help get it back. If your not running taming mastery, i dont see a point in 120, and it frees points up for elsewhere.