Revitalizing the Old Dungeons

After returning to the game from 9 years, I love the events that I've experienced so far (Yukio + Wildfire).  
Is there any plans to revise the loot tables in some of the old dungeons? Permanently? I would like to see exodus get a overhaul... that is one of the coolest looking dungeons in the game (ish in general has awesome looking dungeons).   It could serve fel + tram and the mobs dont need a ton of tweaking... just the loot tables. Maybe beef up a few select mobs for some legendary drops :)

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited July 2021
    Drago said:
    After returning to the game from 9 years, I love the events that I've experienced so far (Yukio + Wildfire).  
    Is there any plans to revise the loot tables in some of the old dungeons? Permanently? I would like to see exodus get a overhaul... that is one of the coolest looking dungeons in the game (ish in general has awesome looking dungeons).   It could serve fel + tram and the mobs dont need a ton of tweaking... just the loot tables. Maybe beef up a few select mobs for some legendary drops :)
    You should see Charybdis....

It is a tough fight, I'd say worse then Scalis the Enforcer, it of course also needs several players but, in the end, the quality of loot is ridicolously low, and in low quantity too.

Mostly magic items, and, if 1 is an artifact, it usually is lesser, not even minor other then in rare occasions... totally underwhelming and not worth the time and hassle it takes to kill that boss.

It goes in pair with the Underwater boss who also has total junk as loot....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    Drago said:

It is a tough fight, I'd say worse then Scalis the Enforcer, it of course also needs several players but, in the end, the quality of loot is ridicolously low, and in low quantity too.

Mostly magic items, and, if 1 is an artifact, it usually is lesser, not even minor other then in rare occasions... totally underwhelming and not worth the time and hassle it takes to kill that boss.

popps said:
    Drago said:

Oh @popps whuy do you talk about things you know nothing about underwater loot on par with roof loot please just stop unless you have a screenshot of you doing what you're posting about..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    Drago said:

Oh @ popps whuy do you talk about things you know nothing about underwater loot on par with roof loot please just stop unless you have a screenshot of you doing what you're posting about..
    I said nothing about Roof loot.

That is of a decent quality, usually.

I was talking about Charybdis and the Underwater Boss items' loot quality which is orrendous....

Totally junk and not worth the hassle for the work and players it takes to take them down.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    you must be going to a different underwater to me, the loot is epic.

Or maybe you are just talking nonsense as usual popps

Are you going there with 3,000+ Luck perhaps ?

Because, if one goes there with a normal, average suit without Luck, the loot is horrible.

Try it.
    But that's not what popps heard so it's not how he sees it anyways..
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I go to underwater with 0 luck and find a lot of nice loot.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Underwater boss has great loot. You are simply mistaken. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited July 2021
    popps said:

Because, if one goes there with a normal, average suit without Luck, the loot is horrible.

Try it.
    This is how we know popps is just a troll. In this post he's saying the loot is junk from underwater and then when questioned he acts as if he's doing it with a "normal, average suit without luck"; yet in his other posts on this year's events (Yukio / Abomination) he's complaining that he's using 3k+ luck and he's not getting anything.

So are we led to believe that you are using 3k+ luck on something like the Yukio quest to get earrings but you are NOT using it for underwater?

Someone is getting sloppy with their trolling.
    We were just told in the video that the luck of a random damager is used. So we really do not know whose luck was used when the loot was generated.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Be careful what you ask for you may get despise and not shame.
    keven2002 said:
    popps said:

Try it.
    This is how we know popps is just a troll. In this post he's saying the loot is junk from underwater and then when questioned he acts as if he's doing it with a "normal, average suit without luck"; yet in his other posts on this year's events (Yukio / Abomination) he's complaining that he's using 3k+ luck and he's not getting anything.

So are we led to believe that you are using 3k+ luck on something like the Yukio quest to get earrings but you are NOT using it for underwater?

Someone is getting sloppy with their trolling.
    Do you just use the same character for any kind or fight, or do you perhaps use different characters with different suits for different fights ?

Just wondering...
    Do you just use the same character for any kind or fight, or do you perhaps use different characters with different suits for different fights ?

Just wondering...
    If you have a luck suit, why dont you have it set to dress when the boss is near death?
    based on my own experience with the underwater boss I'm not sure anyone who struggles with the treasures of creatures could beat it. at least that's how i see it
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    popps said:

Try it.
    no luck, and you will never need to advise me in this game.

I do underwater a lot on 2 shards with tamers and the loot is on par with the roof.
    So I suggest YOU try it, and more than once before you decide if its bad or not
    popps said:

Just wondering...
    I have a tamer, a sampire, a mystic/thrower amongst several other characters (like a T-Hunter / Crafter / Necro / Thief / etc). These 3 templates have proven to be the most survivable / best damage output combo for years so I have built them around that. 

All chars have their own suits which I do not switch (tamer needs max mana/SDI, sampire is a dexer, mystic/thrower is a garg). 

That said, unlike you I use the character that is best for the job with the skillset / suit to match which means I don't try to take my T-Hunter out to fight the UW boss or take my thief to Fire dungeon for the Wildfire event.

Is there a reason you look to always do the opposite of what's proven to be efficient when fighting a mob (and then complain about it)? 

Just wondering...
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    popps said:

Paralithode is not underwater boss! Hydras , liches and bats are not bosses too. Shadowlords loot is very - very good. Just dont like 30 minute timer. 
    I trained my imbuer on his loot very fast. Full inventory + full beetle give you lots of points. 

By the way, my biggest dissapointment in Underwater is hidden chests loot. This is really LOW. 

About revitalizing dungeons- I think Antique versions of artifacts will be good reward . Dont need new stuff. Just make something for middle-level players. Random Replicas of long-gone EM deco or other fancy stuff. And protect this loot from scripters and AFK-grinders.  
    Gwen said:

About revitalizing dungeons- I think Antique versions of artifacts will be good reward . Dont need new stuff. Just make something for middle-level players. Random Replicas of long-gone EM deco or other fancy stuff. And protect this loot from scripters and AFK-grinders.  
    I'd agree... make them drop antique/cursed artifacts so people can use these items for a more limited time. I forget what event it was that dropped the cursed Doom arties but that was fun and I rocked a cursed magi hat in tram for a while until I died and it was looted by something. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited July 2021
    Drago said:

Its possible to get legendary drops from various spawns. Once a while, I found them on various monsters including revenant lion or Yomotsu - if we care to search every corpse.

Its not about a drop but whether its a good legendary or lousy ones.

During the last few Roof run, it seems to me that the quality of legendary is not as good as a "long time ago". Some of those good legendary that we found on player vendors are obtained from the sunken ship.

The only good thing about the roof is that the list of named arties (e.g. Cameo, Hawkwind's Robe, Minax Sandals, etc) are better than the ship, but you have to clear 5 rooms and kill 4 bosses just to get a chance for a drop. Sometimes there are no drop, or the drop is one of the useless arty, and so you have to clear 5 rooms and kill the 4 bosses again.

For such massive effort, the legendary drops from Roof should at least match the BMV.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs