Can we have spell stacking like para's please?

How can this be right lol.
Para 3-4th level mobs can fire several spells at you one after the other no matter how far away you run?

I want some of that..........

Comments

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Para 3-4th level mobs can fire several spells at you one after the other no matter how far away you run?

I have noticed that if i run away from a mob that they machine gun fire spells, but the rate is slower if i stay close to them. at least it seems that way to me. It also seems like their range is twice that of ours lol
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I hate when you are like 3 or 4 screens away and there’s fireballs still flying towards you then like 1 or 2 explosions go off on you too :/
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Aye and Bards need that crazy howl!
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    The game can’t keep up with the action.  All the spells were cast when you were in range but instead of getting hit all at once the game dynamic can only allow one to hit at a time so you keep getting hit even though you may already be several screens away.  Agree that dedicated casters, such as lich’s especially, cast spells at a much faster rate than any player could ever dream of doing.  Other casters are slower for example daemons and dragons usually do not machine gun spells the way lichens do. Know it is frustrating to be several screens away and think you have survived when you suddenly are in need of a healer. 
    Note on damage spell range: it appears to be about 10 when you look at the distance display.  If you approach a caster from a greater distance or if it is coming towards you but has not previously cast anything at you, it does not start casting until the distance between the two of you is 10, occasionally with some larger monsters maybe 11 or 12 but usually 10 is the magic number for casting to begin for you and the monster.

Hehehe this the power creep i i talk about if you get an extra 15 sdi from an item the monsters getting a bump tooOoOoO
    One last note.  If you come in from a distance greater than 10 and cast a spell at 10 before the monster locks in on you, and then quickly back up to 12 or 13 before the spell hits and invis. the monster won’t know you are there.  Just run in cast and run out.  Can solo the toughest dragons this way.  Good luck.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903

And they do not seem to either follow, to my impression, any Faster Casting and Faster Cast Recovery rules that players' characters have to instead follow.... 
    They are running protection as well based on being able to cast uninterrupted through my weapon attacks..