Can someone explain these CU Sidhe Regens ?

I lored someone's CU Sidhe and these were its Regens : 

- Hit Point Regeneration 42
- Stamina Regeneration 22
- Mana Regeneration 52

Considering how the MAXes are 20, 30 and 30, how is it possible to explain that 42 HP Regen and that 52 MR ?

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Bard buffs ?? The pet treats you find in treasure hunting??
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited June 2021
    McDougle said:
    Bard buffs ?? The pet treats you find in treasure hunting??
    I cannot be sure, but, my impression is that there were no Bard songs played... when there are, the Bard has sparkles over him/her and I do not recall seeing them.

Even if, though https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/bardic-skills/bard-masteries/ says :
    Resilience kal mani tym Cast: 30 Upkeep: 8
    skill_bard_resiliencePoison resistance increase(not the stat), Mortal, Bleed, Curse effect Durations decreased, Hp regen bonus 2-8, mana regen bonus 2-8, stamina regen bonus 2-8.
    Even with a Hit Points Regen that was at the MAX possible of 20, how could the CU Sidhe go up to 42 (+22 HP Regen) when Resilience adds 2-8 HP Regen Bonus ?

The same for Mana Regen, even assuming that it was at the Max possible of 30, how could it jump to 52 (+ 22 Mana Regen) when Resilience adds 2-8 Mana Regen Bonus ?

As in regards to pet treats, of course I do not know if they were used, but, I would be surprised if they gave a buff of some 110% for the HP Regen and some 52% for the Mana Regen, assuming that the pet had them maxed out to 20 and 30 to start with....

The best pets' Treats are https://www.uoguide.com/Irresistibly_Tasty_Treat ;

And, as I understand it, they give a 15% buff to pets' stats, not 110% and 52% ....
    So, I do not think it was pet Treats....
    @popps why didn't you just ask??
    McDougle said:
    @ popps why didn't you just ask??
    Because the player was moving as fast as a rocket, moving mounted all the time, dismount, send the CU out to kill, stay away from trouble, mount it as soon as the CU was done and quick he moved away..... before I could ask anything...

By the time I lored the CU Sidhe, the player was already gone.
    General chat??
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Yes that's the song. 

Amazing what you can do when you know how to play a tamer.

Resilience and toughness gives my macer 184HP. But the paragons always go directly to my bard.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JboJbo Posts: 12
    You can get a temp.(20min) buff to hpr with humility virtue, +30 hpr on pet if you are knight og humility.
    Also consume adds to HPR when the pet is damaged. It has a cap.
    Pawain said:
    Yes that's the song. 

Resilience and toughness gives my macer 184HP. But the paragons always go directly to my bard.
    How can it be the Resilience Bard Mastery when all it gives is +2 to +8 HP Regen or Mana Regen while that pet, assuming that it was at the starting Max of 20 HP Regen and 30 Mana Regen got a +22 Regen increase for HP Regen and another +22 Mana Regen increase ?

I mean, from the MAX buff possible of 8 from the Bard Mastery to the one that I actually lored of +22 there is a 14 points difference in Regeneration...
    Jbo said:
    You can get a temp.(20min) buff to hpr with humility virtue, +30 hpr on pet if you are knight og humility.
    The pet I saw had 42 Hit Points Regeneration.

If what you indicate was to be true, this means that this CU Sidhe, with all Skills scrolled to 120, was trained up with only 12 Hit Point Regeneration ?

Everything can be possible, but I seriously doubt that someone scrolling a pet all the way to 120 in some 5 skills (Ninjitsu, Bushido, Parrying, Healing and Wrestling) would then only train 12 Hit Points Regeneration on that pet...

Also, how to then explain the 52 Mana Regeneration then ?

Therefore, I am incline to think that it might not have been a Humility Virtue buff....
    Now since you don't accept any of the answers given here how about you hop in general chat and ask a bard to party you ??
    Pawain said:
    Also consume adds to HPR when the pet is damaged. It has a cap.
    But the Tamer was not in line of sight with the Cu Sidhe (he was across a corner).... to my understanding, Consume needs line of sight AND has a limited max range to work....

Also, the pet had BOTH Hit Points Regeneration (42) AND Mana Regeneration (52) buffed up, not just HPR....

I do not think it might have been either Consume....
    Now you said he was like a speeding bullet how could you make so many observations yet not be able to ask??
    When you Lore a pet, the Lore Scroll with the various pages stays up even if the pet exits your screen....

And I took screen shots of all of the pages of that CU Sidhe Lore.... so, I can go back to check them to see what that pet had on....
    popps said:
    When you Lore a pet, the Lore Scroll with the various pages stays up even if the pet exits your screen....

And I took screen shots of all of the pages of that CU Sidhe Lore.... so, I can go back to check them to see what that pet had on....
    While you were busy with this how many arties did you get 
    McDougle said:
    popps said:

While you were busy with this how many arties did you get 
    How would I need to read that comment, in what sense ?

It would not be relevant to find out that there perhaps are Tamers out there who might be getting buffs to their pets' Regenerations, that noone so far, in this Thread, has been able to give me a reasonable and logical explaination of ?
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    edited June 2021
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    Yes that's the song. 

How can it be the Resilience Bard Mastery when all it gives is +2 to +8 HP Regen or Mana Regen while that pet, assuming that it was at the starting Max of 20 HP Regen and 30 Mana Regen got a +22 Regen increase for HP Regen and another +22 Mana Regen increase ?

I mean, from the MAX buff possible of 8 from the Bard Mastery to the one that I actually lored of +22 there is a 14 points difference in Regeneration...
    4*120 bard's peacemaking mastery Resilience gives 22 regen to HP , Mana and stamina. 22 for each
    Explanation in UO wiki is not full. It includes only posible 2-8 from Peacemaking. Without bonuses from other bard skills (music, discordance, provo). Uoguide has much better explanation. 
    End of discussion. 

I gave you my the complete correct answer in the first reply multiple people confirm i offered suggestions on on to learn in game none of which was enough for you my comment was directed to you because of past complaints that there just wasn't enough time to get the arties you needed yet here we are 
    edited June 2021

My dog with peace songs.

The one in your pic has 0 stam regen without songs.

This is why I think bards get enough out of these events.

edited June 2021
    Gwen said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    Yes that's the song. 

4*120 bard's peacemaking mastery Resilience gives 22 regen to HP , Mana and stamina. 22 for each
    Explanation in UO wiki is not full. It includes only posible 2-8 from Peacemaking. Without bonuses from other bard skills (music, discordance, provo). Uoguide has much better explanation. 
    End of discussion. 

@Mariah

could you please Edit the UOWiki page to add the information which Gwen is talking about, please ?

Since the Stamina Regeneration that I lored was at 22, according to what you say, does that necessarily mean that this CU Sidhe HAD TO HAVE a Stamina Regeneration set at 0 ?

So, correct me if I am wrong, without the Bard Mastery Resilience this Cu Sidhe had to have its Regenerations as: 

- Hit Point Regeneration 20
    - Stamina Regeneration 0
    - Mana Regeneration 30

So that, with ALL 4*120 Bard Skills and the Bard Mastery Resilience song they would end up to what I saw them as being : 

- Hit Point Regeneration 20 + 22 = 42
    - Stamina Regeneration 0 + 22 = 22
    - Mana Regeneration 30 + 22 = 52

Now, if so, that could make sense ALTHOUGH, this also means that such a tamer could only have on the Template (to the purpose of Masteries skills HAVE TO BE real skills, cannot be on items...): 

120 Musicianship
    120 Peacemaking
    120 Provocation
    120 Discordance
    120 Animal Taming
    120 Animal Lore

No room for anything else, no Veterinary ro res a pet, no Spellweaving to use Gift of Life, no Magery to heal the pet if necessary and all that....

Sure, a little Magery could be on items but, not enough to be effective on healing a pet...

I mean, how many Tamers would run such a Template ?
    edited June 2021
    With resilience and the peace songs my NOOB toons with 100 melee skills can tank captains at shrine battles.  I have 3 and a half set of tabards to prove it.  Tabards are one per toon I make a toon put 100 skills on and get a tabard in the same day.  Delete him in 7 days.
    Pawain said:

My dog with peace songs.

The one in your pic has 0 stam regen without songs.

This is why I think bards get enough out of these events.

May I ask if you have on your Template ALL 4 Bard skills maxed out at 120 in each (480 total) in order to Buff the pet's Regens for +22 for each one of them ?

Also, if so, with 480 skill points all taken by Bard skills, and having to have also Animal Taming and Animal Lore at 120 each, how do you handle for the necessary pet resses, heals and all the rest which a Tamer might need ?
    edited June 2021
    I use 2 accounts.  The Archer/Bard is doing the buffs.  He has 804 skill points. jewels quiver headdress.
    Works great to train pets at the crazy mage.  Have to vet the low pets still.  But they die less often.

With 480 you have 240 skills left.  You could make a complete 120 bard and have 120 taming 120 Lore.
    You use  a Cu, mount and run away before the pet dies.  You can use scrolls for magery spells.

A lot of tamers on LS remove vet and put on other skills for this event.  Since a Cu works so well.
  • JboJbo Posts: 12
    Popps… using vet to rez a pet is not required! I use gift of life, elixir of rebirth, another friendly tamer or stable master! I dont got enough skill pts for 40-80 vet.
    Sigh if you had a bard you would know only music and the skill you're running the mastery for matter so easy 
    Music
    Peace 
    Tame
    Lore
    Vet
     magery
    Just learn to not only listen but actually believe and accept the answers you get..
    Pawain said:
    I use 2 accounts.  The Archer/Bard is doing the buffs.  He has 804 skill points. jewels quiver headdress.
    Works great to train pets at the crazy mage.  Have to vet the low pets still.  But they die less often.

With 480 you have 240 skills left.  You could make a complete 120 bard and have 120 taming 120 Lore.
    You use  a Cu, mount and run away before the pet dies.  You can use scrolls for magery spells.

A lot of tamers on LS remove vet and put on other skills for this event.  Since a Cu works so well.
    Two accounts I can understand... but this Tamer, was alone....

And to have 1 single account with 4x120 bard skills and 2x120 Taming skills and hardly anything else is quite odd, don't you think ?
    Yes some use just music and the song they want.  But you get less in return but less is better than none.
    Jbo said:
    Popps… using vet to rez a pet is not required! I use gift of life, elixir of rebirth, another friendly tamer or stable master! I dont got enough skill pts for 40-80 vet.
    With 4x120 Bard Skills plus 120 Animal Taming and 120 Anomal Lore, there simply is not room on such a Template for Spellweaving to accomodate Gift of Life...

The Elixir of Rebirth could come handy although, at 1 Medusa blood per Elixir, it comes kinda expensive unless one farms Medusa all the time....
    McDougle said:
    Sigh if you had a bard you would know only music and the skill you're running the mastery for matter so easy 
    Music
    Peace 
    Tame
    Lore
    Vet
     magery
    Just learn to not only listen but actually believe and accept the answers you get..
    Yes, but in THAT case, with only Musicianship and ONE Bardic skill, for example Peacemaking in order to use the Bard Mastery Resilience for the Pet's Regenerations buffs, the buffs would NOT be +22 for each of them 3....

At this point, I do not even know what the buffs would be... because I was going with the UO WIki Page which says : 

Resilience
    kal mani tym
    Cast: 30 Upkeep: 8
    skill_bard_resiliencePoison resistance increase(not the stat), Mortal, Bleed, Curse effect Durations decreased, Hp regen bonus 2-8, mana regen bonus 2-8, stamina regen bonus 2-8.
    I took that 2-8 meaning +2 with 1 full Bard skill, +4 with 2 Bard skills, +6 with 3 Bard skills and +8 with all of the four Bard skills (real skills, not on items) being on the Template...

But, apparently, since @Gwen, said that with 4x120 Bard skills the Regens Buffs is +22 for EACH of the 3 pet's Regenerations, then I do not understand any longer what that UO Wiki page wants to mean...

@Mariah , please, could you therefore correct that UO Wiki page and indicate what the correct Buffs with Resilience would be when having 1 or 2 or 3 or all 4 Bard skills ?

Thanks !

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited June 2021
    popps said:
    May I ask if you have on your Template ALL 4 Bard skills maxed out at 120 in each (480 total) in order to Buff the pet's Regens for +22 for each one of them ?

Also, if so, with 480 skill points all taken by Bard skills, and having to have also Animal Taming and Animal Lore at 120 each, how do you handle for the necessary pet resses, heals and all the rest which a Tamer might need ?
    popps said:
    Two accounts I can understand... but this Tamer, was alone....

And to have 1 single account with 4x120 bard skills and 2x120 Taming skills and hardly anything else is quite odd, don't you think ?

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/7895/what-is-the-new-tears-of-the-ice-dragon-spellbook-good-for-any-advice/p1
    popps said:
    I have been trying to wonder what type of use would be most appropriate for the new spellbook from Tears of the Ice Dragon but...
    I wasn't going to say anything, but since @Mene_Drachenfels let it out of the bag! The book makes it quite easy to put together 7x120 Bard templates. (or, dare I say, 8x 120 for one particular template, if you get the complimentary gear!)
    -Arroth