Tips for Treasures of Wildfire

Comments

• Pawain said:
    I don't feel so bad now. Others are getting 4 to 5 drops per hour.
    Which areas do you recommend we mark runes for?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    There are some  points that have a clear area near.  Or have a specific spawn.

Yellow X top left  Entry  mark inside and out
    1 rope bridge Fire eles efreet
    2 cross bridge  hounds and cats Possible Firesteed
    3 lizards snakes Entry to house of Lichs
    4. exit of lichs lizards snakes
    5. empty Efreet NW
    6. Enter level 2 cats minor stuff
    7. Efreet fire eles toward 8
    8. Empty
    9. Begin level 2
    10. Daemons SE house Efreet N House
    11. Pretty empty normally

Other yellow X is entry/exit lost lands.

It has begun.

Good Luck.

temp.jpg 365.6K
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    They added Fire Ants.
    No slayer 
    Mean suckers
    High fire resist
    Cold weapon works.

• Pawain said:
    There are some  points that have a clear area near.  Or have a specific spawn.

Yellow X top left  Entry  mark inside and out
    1 rope bridge Fire eles efreet
    2 cross bridge  hounds and cats Possible Firesteed
    3 lizards snakes Entry to house of Lichs
    4. exit of lichs lizards snakes
    5. empty Efreet NW
    6. Enter level 2 cats minor stuff
    7. Efreet fire eles toward 8
    8. Empty
    9. Begin level 2
    10. Daemons SE house Efreet N House
    11. Pretty empty normally

Other yellow X is entry/exit lost lands.

It has begun.

Good Luck.

Thanks for this.
    I use those spot as entry/exit points.  I have a tamer sitting at the outside entry and gate my melee toons in or their ghosts out.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "it's been a while since i've been, but... you can recall inside/out of dungeons in trammel?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Yoshi said:
    "it's been a while since i've been, but... you can recall inside/out of dungeons in trammel?"
    Yes

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    I worked the spawn about 1 and a half hour and got 4 drops...

I think that @Kyronix may have reduced the drop rate for this Event because I was having a higher drop rate in the previous dungeons...
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    edited June 2021
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

I think that @ Kyronix may have reduced the drop rate for this Event because I was having a higher drop rate in the previous dungeons...
    Add more luck.  Drop rate is using same calcs as before.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Kyronix said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

I think that @ Kyronix may have reduced the drop rate for this Event because I was having a higher drop rate in the previous dungeons...
    I played off and on all day multiple characters across multiple accounts (Origin, Pac,Cats)i got 5 or 6 on each drop rate seems same as past 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • AlreadyDeadAlreadyDead Posts: 23
    edited June 2021
    got ~15/H in fel with samp when not running into para balrons. Lots of deaths though.
  • Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 245
    edited June 2021

Honestly – those shitty Paragons – and explicitly Balron and Lich Lords Paragons have already failed me to enjoy this event again, even though it has only just begun world wide. So on Drachenfels too. I was just surrounded by two Paragon Balis, 2 LL-Paragons and the normal spawn type.

What’s more, the turn-in drop is pretty miserable under these conditions – with or without luck.
    Previous result 'til now : 2 item drops, but 20 death robes

In the meantime, the crowd has probably understood that you should not run, but as mentioned above, because one takes the beasts right into the target. But please give us a chance to survive if we do the dirty job for those who just leave them and don’t fight. Psychically speaking, this endlessness quickly deaths brings me to the verge of a screaming and crying cramp, which is not good for my health at all, and I wonder who in God’s name can call this fun.

The Paragon Spawn is enormously high, at some point the dungeon is only “goldy” – from this beast and some bank compartment fills up again with my gold project on the bank – and there’s no platinum lying around. In addition, you really doubt your abilities as an experienced veteran after almost 21 years of gaming experience.
    What good should one do on low player shards at a non-prime time, where even the few players that are logged in especially the para-balis don’t do well in the team. Many who come across have untrained chars and untrained pets.

I would like to know now, how much higher the hit points are in the Paragons compared to the normal Monter – twice – three times or maybe even ten times higher???
    Honestly – I’ll let myself fall twice, maybe even three times. . . but if we actually have to fight ten times the usual at hitpoints the fun stops – Death robes are no fun - they are a game demoralizer, and whoever has thought up this, would like to compete against 4 Paragon Balrons and 2 Lichlords-Paras . . - it's not possible – not even in good will and in teamwork.
    That one has probably made the work easy here and has resorted to existing programming, because it is the easiest way, I can understand, and I also understand that Paragons are supposed to prevent farming in one place too. Nonetheless- especially with the Balrons and Lichlords the hitpoints always seems exaggerated to me.

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited June 2021
    Kyronix said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

I am completely done with this event. Please add the wildfire mount to UO store because I want it and I will pay for it. (rather pay you guys real money than some afker doing grinding with 5bots when america is sleeping)

To sumarize I ran around with 2095 luck, mage suit with 126sdi high end worth hundreds of millions and for one hour of this I get 6 mini artis. PLZ  I can calulate, I need 200 for the mount, I know how many hours this will take, im not gonna do it.  You can boost and tweak all you want and double from 6mini artis an hour upto 12an hour doesnt matter, Im not gonna do it.

By adding all sorts of mechanisms and dynamics to the events the fun part is taken out. I mean, I run in entrance kill stuff untill im at the deepest of dungeon having killed 20,30s,40s of mobs along the way and not a single mini arti.  lol?

a paragon fire ant spawns and my ebolt does 1/20hp in dmg lol?  flame slayer and 126sdi, am I supposed to spend 5minutes killing that one single mob?

its just too much work., I dont work for the game.
    I guess the next step here will be someone telling me to log on my sampire and run around as a hyperactive rabbit.  I mean just NO.

I am done with the dynamic event.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Kyronix said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

@Kyronix  I thought it has been documented, that luck has no effect on whether or not an item drops, but is only able have a chance at adding to the intensity of an item. Did that change?
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    psycho said:
    Kyronix said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

I am completely done with this event. Please add the wildfire mount to UO store because I want it and I will pay for it. (rather pay you guys real money than some afker doing grinding with 5bots when america is sleeping)

To sumarize I ran around with 2095 luck, mage suit with 126sdi high end worth hundreds of millions and for one hour of this I get 6 mini artis. PLZ  I can calulate, I need 200 for the mount, I know how many hours this will take, im not gonna do it.  You can boost and tweak all you want and double from 6mini artis an hour upto 12an hour doesnt matter, Im not gonna do it.

By adding all sorts of mechanisms and dynamics to the events the fun part is taken out. I mean, I run in entrance kill stuff untill im at the deepest of dungeon having killed 20,30s,40s of mobs along the way and not a single mini arti.  lol?

a paragon fire ant spawns and my ebolt does 1/20hp in dmg lol?  flame slayer and 126sdi, am I supposed to spend 5minutes killing that one single mob?

its just too much work., I dont work for the game.
    I guess the next step here will be someone telling me to log on my sampire and run around as a hyperactive rabbit.  I mean just NO.

To sumarize I ran around with 2095 luck, mage suit with 126sdi high end worth hundreds of millions and for one hour of this I get 6 mini artis.

I suspect that LUCK is broken.

I am also wearing a suit at about 2,400 Luck and got only 4 drops in in hour...

@Kyronix , could you please kindly look at what the issue with worn Luck might be ?

Because it is not helping anywhere at all in getting more likely drops....

Thank you.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    psycho said:

It's been less than 24 hours and people already complaining about how hard it is and rage quitting... I think that's close to a new record; way to go Devs!  B)

I love the people who say "I know a sampire would be much more successful and trust me because I have one...but I refuse to use the most efficient character to get something I want. I quit." 
    Kyronix said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

@Kyronix , I am wearing about 2,400 Luck, actually, MORE luck as I did in the previous dungeons because I now have added the Yukio earrings, but I am getting LOWER drops as I used to get, both in Ice Dungeon and Deceit...

And not just less, but "significantly" less drops...

Maybe it was not intentional, perhaps it is a bug, but definitely the drop rate is now lower... and, yet, the cost of the items higher...

And it is summer and one does not have "that" much time to stay looged in... I mean, nice weather, one goes outside, does picnics, people do not spend hours in front of a screen when it is summer time....
    popps said:
    Kyronix said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

@ Kyronix , I am wearing about 2,400 Luck, actually, MORE luck as I did in the previous dungeons because I now have added the Yukio earrings, but I am getting LOWER drops as I used to get, both in Ice Dungeon and Deceit...

And not just less, but "significantly" less drops...

Maybe it was not intentional, perhaps it is a bug, but definitely the drop rate is now lower... and, yet, the cost of the items higher...

And it is summer and one does not have "that" much time to stay looged in... I mean, nice weather, one goes outside, does picnics, people do not spend hours in front of a screen when it is summer time....
    I'm wearing 2615 luck and getting drops at same rate as last times 
  • SamaelSamael Posts: 23
    I only did 2 runs of 45 min each ... sampire with around 200 luck, 13 arties in 45 minutes, sw tamer with around 2500, 4 arties in 45 minutes ... 
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    keven2002 said:
    I love the people who say "I know a sampire would be much more successful and trust me because I have one...but I refuse to use the most efficient character to get something I want. I quit." 

If you take a look around in the dungeon all you see is sampires, its the only class that works.
    Rest is just wasting time.

+theres alot of problematic things about this dynamic-event, im not gonna paste my list here and others have pointed out a few things in various threads.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited June 2021
    psycho said:
    keven2002 said:

If you take a look around in the dungeon all you see is sampires, its the only class that works.

+theres alot of problematic things about this dynamic-event, im not gonna paste my list here and others have pointed out a few things in various threads.

Not really, there are as many tamers as sampires on my shards. Some even came with their Pvp characters. The paragons are anti-life leech, so sampires are having a hard time against Balron paragons... OOooOOooOo.

And unlike tamers, sampire's suit is so tight that the luck is very low. Its dependent on honor and luck statue, both of which have their limitations.

Stop bashing sampires, this class has been kicked out of events as all bosses are anti life leech or has howl or cacophony, etc. Its so expensive to make one and thanks to all some of you now its useful only against classic bosses.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    i dont have a sampire i have pally warriors a thrower an archer and a swords all can do about the same as sampire but i mainly play weird tamer builds pally/fisher/tamer ninja/stealth tamer etc all get good drop rates most wear suits with 2K+ luck some 0 luck maybe it is the way you are doing this are you trying to camp ? i suggest run around kill everything even if you get one or two hits in you get credit..
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited June 2021
    McDougle said:
    i dont have a sampire i have pally warriors a thrower an archer and a swords all can do about the same as sampire but i mainly play weird tamer builds pally/fisher/tamer ninja/stealth tamer etc all get good drop rates most wear suits with 2K+ luck some 0 luck maybe it is the way you are doing this are you trying to camp ? i suggest run around kill everything even if you get one or two hits in you get credit..

Right, you don't have a sampire, and its good that your pally/fisher/tamer ninja/stealth tamer can be as good as a sampire. I ran around all the time since Deceit obviously, and have not seen any camping sampires to date, but there are some tamers who parked their Cu Sidhe while their owners hide. lol

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    if they are camping they must not understand about diminishing returns from killing same mob over and over..
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited June 2021
    nvm
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited June 2021

I've spent the entire day in there, and last night.

I've had the good, the bad, the very bad, and the best.

PvM Mage, Felucca, really tough, had to bail, it was too hard. I got 1 drop, in the time my Sampire guildy got 8. I get say 5 drops an hour, looks like he can get 40. In the time I type a sentence, he has 2. I really think the Sampire dominance of this game is an issue.

Went to Trammel Fire. 10,000 Sampires, it was a joke, I could not stand being amongst so many unwashed.

I went back to Felucca. A guild was doing it there, brave guild, realising no-one else would be there, and they have the best pvper protection ingame to hand when they need it. So I hassled them, all day long. I died a trillion times, on my pvm mage, and on my pvp mage, but I slowed them down massively, they did well, they managed the champ spawn twice, in the entire day :)

Eventually, couple of guildies helped, and joined in the struggle, and they gave up, it was our turn!!

With 4 people, we managed to do the Felucca Champ spawn. Honestly, to make it properly easy and fast, and to defend easily, you could use a group of 10, and a female sampire or two.

But doing it in Felucca, doing the spawn at the same time, you don't notice the grind on the wildfire drops, and it is properly challenging. That was the most fun for me, I really enjoyed it. I think that was the best experience, the drops come fast, you get the chance of pvp, you get a good day, a bad day, you get the adventure, and you get the chance of scrolls etc.

By the end of all of that, I felt really at home in fire, in Felucca, on my mage, I'll happily do it there all round, to avoid the crowds in Trammel. Yes the paragons are seriously hard. I don't think there is too little spawn, at least not from my perspective.

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866

I would like to know now, how much higher the hit points are in the Paragons compared to the normal Monter – twice – three times or maybe even ten times higher???

I believe it's supposed to be 5x the normal HP.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • RintarRintar Posts: 38
    Kyronix said:
    I am playing with my sampire, like i did at ICE event. Drop rate is 5/6 per hour, 10/12 in Ice Event...same suit wiht no luck in it. I can assume Fire Dungeon is bigger but no that bigger so i am missing something. I tried with 2000 luck suit (mempho, minax sandals, talisman etc) no differences.

Samael said:
    I only did 2 runs of 45 min each ... sampire with around 200 luck, 13 arties in 45 minutes, sw tamer with around 2500, 4 arties in 45 minutes ... 
    Yeah, I am in the section Spellweaving Tamer with 2,400 Luck and got 4 drops in about 1 hour so, in line with you...

The problem is that, for some reasons, Sampires get 3 times as many drops as Tamers, regardless if Tamers wear a lot of Luck....

@Kyronix , I always suspected that there could be some lines of codes which advantage melee characters, for example Sampires, and disadvantage Tamers when it comes to drops....

I suspect it might be something from way back, because, for some reason, perhaps some Developer in the back thought that Warriors, fighting toe to toe. deserved more drops as compared to Tamers who would use a pet and not fight themselves....

While this thinking "could" have made sense years and years ago, it no longer does, today, playing a Warrior, with all the high end items that there are, is actually safer as playing a Tamer...

Furthermore, Tamers are also disadvantaged by the code that reduces their chances at a drop if they hide... Warriors do not have this either...

Anyway, the bottom line is, that with pets' also doing half damage, Tamers are in a very bad shape as compared to warriors....

I can understand that looking at old lines of code might be a time consuming thing, yet, I do not see why Tamers should be left to languish like this, when actually, playing a Warrior is now safer, especially with Paragons retargeting all the time on the Tamer and forgetting about fighting the pet...

Oh well, it would be nice towards Tamers if you wanted to find these old lines of codes which disadvantage Tamers and get rid of them, at least Tamers and Warriors could then finally get drops at the same rate...

Thanks.
    edited June 2021
    psycho said:
    keven2002 said:

To my opinion, when a specific Class of Character ALWAYS, consistently, ends up being "THE" best one to tackle spawns, and the others languish behind, then I think something seems not be working right with the Design of that spawn....

It should not be like that, at least not Event after Event after Event.

There is perhaps something not working right, if this happen, at least to my viewing, with the Design of these events.

At the very least, they could alternate 1 Event for 1 type of character and another for another type of character but here, Event after Event it is always Warriors or Sampires or however we want to call them, who end up on top and, not just a little on top, but A LOT more on top with a drop rate that it is triple if not quadruple that of Tamers, for example.... 

@Kyronix , perhaps, this might be worth thinking it over.... there is not only Warriors in Ultima Online...