ATL VS - Legendary Scroll Magery - too vague a search term?

zimazima Posts: 55
I may be missing some information, but I am pretty sure there is only one item in the game that could be described by Legendary Scroll Magery. How in the shattered world can this be giving me a "too vague" notification?

Comments

• zimazima Posts: 55
    clarification. System message is " Your search too long to complete. PLease refine your search." There is no WAY to refine that search!
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited May 2021
    Fewer and more specific search terms = higher chance of success.
    try searching:
    magery (120

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Vendor search has been a mess for a while. Improvements have occurred but it still needs some serious work. 

It is now limited to 3 words but I feel like every time I try 3 words, it times out now. Try 2 words. 
    “Magery legendary” might work. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I have just successfully conducted this search on Atlantic. I used the terms 'legendary scroll' in the 'item name' box and then selected 'magery' from the skill list. Here's the first entry on the list.
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    edited May 2021
    I usually have success searching for legendary magery
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited May 2021
    It is busy on Atl right now.  Not easy to get results on some searches unless you try different things.

The timeout happens very fast sometimes.  I am searching for oddities so I am trying to see everything.

Glad it is busy again.

Edit it just got worse, you have to try over and over, which probably makes it worse.

I am blaming the crowd on Atl. right now.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2021
    "user needs to add more filters when searching for scrolls:
    not gargoyle only
    not brittle
    not cannot be repaired
    not antique
    not elves only
    CURSED
    Magery skill +0

sort results hight to low,
    no item name search is even necessary for many searches"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    That’s a lot of drop down selections to make for a simple search, although I’m sure it works nicely. A workaround, but VS def needs some help. 
    I was trying the more elimination method but those searches did not work.

But Atl suddenly got less crowded so its working better now.
    Yoshi said:
    "user needs to add more filters when searching for scrolls:
    not gargoyle only
    not brittle
    not cannot be repaired
    not antique
    not elves only
    CURSED
    Magery skill +0

sort results hight to low,
    no item name search is even necessary for many searches"

"a strange related bug, searching Mysticism +0 skill with the above filters, will not bring up any powerscrolls"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    I just click the skill and write scroll 120 or what size I want. Works when shard is not packed.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited May 2021
    Skill + cursed works without all that other garbage and you can just add wondr or exalt or myth or legen depending or the lvl you want
    "Vendor search bug:
    Atlantic vendor search accept 3 word item name searches but cannot return any results for more than 2 words
    Expected result: atlantic vendor search to not accept 3 word searches, or for 3 word searches to return results"
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Cursed
    Magery skill

Legen in the search box or leave search boxed empty and you will get all Mage scrolls, pinks and blues
    edited June 2021
    Yoshi said:
    "Vendor search bug:
    Atlantic vendor search accept 3 word item name searches but cannot return any results for more than 2 words
    Expected result: atlantic vendor search to not accept 3 word searches, or for 3 word searches to return results"
    Book of Lore works fine in the search box.  (when VS is working well)
    “On Atlantic?”
    Yoshi said:
    “On Atlantic?”
    Yes  I was there a few days getting pages I checked prices each day to make sure a cheap one that I needed wasn't there.  Yesterday the VS was not working great.  I had to do even basic click searches a few times till they didn't time out.