Gargoyle Bug/ Oversight not sure...

The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
While playing a macer thrower I attempted to animal form while flying and it said I couldn't.  Yet humans/elves can go straight from mounted to animal form if they desire to.  Seems to be a bug or something overlooked.  Can I get some explanation on this?  @Kyronix @Bleak

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "dismounting is instantaneous, coming out of flight mode is not instantaneous"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    this has already been discussed in this thread: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/6569/no-animal-form-on-the-run-for-flying-gargoyles#latest
    unfortunately no official statement as to whether this is intended or not.

edited May 2021
    Yoshi said:
    "dismounting is instantaneous, coming out of flight mode is not instantaneous"

I don't know how you came to this conclusion but it is wrong.
    You get out of flight mode just like you jump off a mount. It's absolutely instantaneous and it can be done on the run just as well. Maybe the wing animation that goes along with it lead you to that false conclusion.
    To test this run in a straight line and watch your running speed get reduced to unmounted instantaneously when getting out of flight mode using your macro.
    edited May 2021
    “If getting out of flight mode is instant, then why the request to go straight into animal form? What’s the issue with getting out of flight mode then animal form if there’s no delay?

I will perform further testing today”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited May 2021
    "i was able to come out of flight mode and animal form in one macro without requiring a delay function,

but now i'm not really sure why you're both asking to go directly from flight to animal form when it can be done in one macro without delay anyway, what is the actual ingame issue you're suffering? can you explain the scenario further"

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    edited May 2021
    I think the issue is that you need a macro to get out of flight and into animal form instead of that happening automatically when going into animal form. Having to make a macro, although easy, is an unnecessary step compared to automatically dismounting and going into animal form. No macro needed for that. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited May 2021
    Same thing happens for a flying Garg if they try to put on a Halloween mask.  They get a message that they can not do this while flying.

But other mounted races will pop off their mount when they put the mask in hand.

I would guess the OP uses CC so he can not make that macro.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited May 2021
    Pawain said:
    I would guess the OP uses CC so he can not make that macro.
    "? Just tested, macro works, "

humans and elves do not require an extra macro for this, all they have to do is press their animal form macro to pop into whichever animal form they wish on the run.
    Gargoyles would have to set up a specific macro for this that first takes them out of flight mode and then uses animal form.
    Gargoyles would still require a separate animal form macro for when they already are on foot because otherwise the above macro would put them into flight mode...
    edited May 2021
    "I see, thank you
    but in your original report @Max_Blackoak you wrote:
    "Gargoyles can't do this. They get a message that they have to dismount first which drastically slows them down and makes them very vulnerable in PvP until they are in animal form."

Can you elaborate?, is there a delay or is it just the inconvenience of having 2 macros?
    "

no delay to get out of flight mode but there is a delay to get into animal form. Let me elaborate:

As a human/elf you can move at mounted speed while casting animal form, waiting for the spell to finish casting and then pop right into animal form never suffering from reduced speed - you're at mounted speed at all times.

As a gargoyle you have to have two separate macros for this and to make it worse you have to "dismount" yourself first and then cast animal form while on foot and wait for the casting delay to finish until you're back to mounted speed when you finally pop into animal form.
    So for a short period of time you are very vulnerable as a gargoyle and thus at a significant disadvantage compared to humans/elves.
    edited May 2021
    “Oh I see, the actual time it takes to cast the spell you’re moving walking speed (and this can be a significant period of time if you’re faster casting 0 not 4) however this is bypassed as a human/elf as you remain mounted while casting. I guess there is an advantage also as human/elf if your spell is fizzled or disturbed you remain mounted”
    correct