Dear Developers, can we please get the Yukio's items to STACK or have Clean Up points ?

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited April 2021
    Pawain said:
    @ popps  Answer, drop them on the ground if you find them so offensive.

Problem solved.  We do not keep every item in a corpse.
    I am sorry, but, as I tried to explain, it takes anywhere from 40 minutes to 1 and a half hours to kill all that stuff and, at least to my opinion, dropping on the ground or, in the trash bin, the product of that chunk of a lifetime of a human being, I  would find it unacceptable.

It would be a whole lot better if, instead, these items where to be given some tangible, practical use that would justify the time spent to obtain them.

Their Deco function can be acceptable for 1, perhaps 2 of them but more?

What on earth would a player want to do with 5 or perhaps 10 equal ones of each of those 7 Yukio's "Deco" items?

Personally, I think that, whenever the Developers Design content like this, they should keep in mind these issues and always give a "secondary" usefullness to whatever Deco item that they introduce in the game so as to avoid players to have to face the dilemma of either having to stock them up all for nothing, just to take up their storage space, already quite stressed out, for good number of players, OR, have to throw them away thus, basically, throwing the time invested in getting them, all for nothing.

Time is what matters most as once gone, it never comes back.

That is at least how I see it.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 171
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

I am sorry, but, as I tried to explain, it takes anywhere from 40 minutes to 1 and a half hours to kill all that stuff and, at least to my opinion, dropping on the ground or, in the trash bin, the product of that chunk of a lifetime of a human being, I  would find it unacceptable.

It would be a whole lot better if, instead, these items where to be given some tangible, practical use that would justify the time spent to obtain them.

What on earth would a player want to do with 5 or perhaps 10 equal ones of each of those 7 Yukio's "Deco" items?

Personally, I think that, whenever the Developers Design content like this, they should keep in mind these issues and always give a "secondary" usefullness to whatever Deco item that they introduce in the game so as to avoid players to have to face the dilemma of either having to stock them up all for nothing, just to take up their storage space, already quite stressed out, for good number of players, OR, have to throw them away thus, basically, throwing the time invested in getting them, all for nothing.

while i dont agree with most of what this dude says i do agree these items should have some trash points assigned to them,
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited April 2021
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

So every time you do darkfather you get a reward you keep?
    How bout Mel and Medusa and Dreadhorn?
    Ya those trees are awesome.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Whitewolf said:
    while i dont agree with most of what this dude says i do agree these items should have some trash points assigned to them,
    Most new items don't have trash points right away. I'm still waiting for trash points from the cupids and leprechauns. I've always thought the reason is that the Devs feel like it's kind of a slap in the face that people are already throwing away brand new items that they worked to give people.

I'd much rather get trash point for antique items or Eodon armors which don't give any points still.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    No stacking.... they're going to be future quest items, just like mysterious fragment...
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Drago said:
    No stacking.... they're going to be future quest items, just like mysterious fragment...
    And how do you know about that ?

I saw nothing said officially about it.
  • Hera_SiegeHera_Siege Posts: 51
    Pawain said:
    You have a 1 in 8 chance to get earrings.

That's 3 per 24. So you can be 2 of 23 and still be in the range.

You have a 1 in 8 chance for each attempt, full stop.  It doesn't matter how many attempts you have made, your chance is 1 in 8 for any attempt.  Thus, this does NOT mean you are guaranteed 3 earrings after 24 attempts.  I would actually be all for that:  you start with reward 1, cycle through the other 7 then lather, rinse, repeat,  A lot better than RNG and that would guarantee 1 set of earrings per 8 attempts.

Let's say you hit the unlucky jackpot and complete 24 runs without a single earring, guess what your chance of getting an earring is on your next run?  1 in 8.  What are the odds of going 25 attempts without a set of earrings?  Pretty low, but fact of the matter is it can still happen and that 0/25 has zero affect on the outcome of your next attempt.  People love to think that 1 in x means that you are guaranteed to get it after 8-ish tries.  That's why so many people lose their shirt in Vegas.  Each attempt is, by itself, the same odds as previous attempts:  1 in 8.  Just because you went 24 times without getting a set of earrings doesn't mean this time that 1 in 8 is somehow adjusted to account for the previous attempts.  
    My understanding is. We log in to UO to play the game. If we are running around Tokuno killing stuff, we are playing the game. Yes?
    If some people choose to do one activity in game to the exclusion of any other, thereby turning that activity into a 'grind'. Then that is their choice, they way they choose to play? 
    Petra, you are correct, but I think were the issue lies is the earrings are pretty big gamer changer for any mage as well as anyone who wants a luck suit.

I haven't followed it, but we don't know if this quest is limited time, so if you want x amount of earrings for various characters, you have to grind it or you risk the chance that the quest will end.  And for casual gamers this is even more of a game changer, because if you have a 60% SDI suit or 1500 Luck suit, the bonuses from the free and 'easily' obtainable earrings represent a greater portion of your existing stats and that boost will make a significant difference.

I can understand why some people are frustrated that the reward isn't round robin or there's no turn-in for like Tokuno for the earrings.  In all reality I would love to have about 17 sets of earrings across multiple shards.  I settled on three for my 'main' characters and may go for a fourth if I regen.

If this was all deco, is it cool, yes, is it required, no.  But the earrings are a very nice item and while not strictly 'required' I don't think anyone would argue that they are not highly desirable and can affect a large difference, especially to a casual player, which as evidenced the event rewards are not necessarily geared towards.
    @Hera_Siege the devs made 3 types of dynamic events so they could quickly change the mobs and have a new one.  Quest, spawn, dungeon. This is the second quest type we have had. The other one has 8 items also but they are the eight virtue tiles that you get one of 8 also.

That quest is once per toon.
    We are lucky this one is not.

I would get used to this because I think it is how event quests will continue to be done.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I do wonder... has anyone gotten earrings more than any other item? I feel like it it is truly an unweighted 1 in 8, this would be possible. Right?
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    dvvid said:
    I do wonder... has anyone gotten earrings more than any other item? I feel like it it is truly an unweighted 1 in 8, this would be possible. Right?

I have 5 pairs of earrings, but only 3 bonsai & 1 dissected small animal corpse & 2 glass blowing tools.  so more earrings than 3 of the other items (so far).so, yes..

However there are probably also people that have more earrings than all other items, because it's bound to happen to for someone.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    I've gotten 5 pairs of earrings compared to 3 bonsai / 3 abacus / 3 glass blowing / 2 dissection kits / 2 power cores. I think earrings are probably up there with the dissected animal and pot looking one (forget the name) which I think I've gotten like 5-7 each of those. Overall I think I'm right around the "average". The others just stack up because 7 of them don't do me any good right now.
    Okay cool good to know. 
    Here is how some feel:

lol I’ll keep that in mind
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    So after all this discussion has it been disclosed as to if Yukio’s rewards, other than the earrings, will be of any further use in the game?
    Arnold7 said:
    So after all this discussion has it been disclosed as to if Yukio’s rewards, other than the earrings, will be of any further use in the game?
    I doubt it. They are deco or for the lore.

Just like many items like mysterious cubes.
    Pawain said:
    @ Hera_Siege the devs made 3 types of dynamic events so they could quickly change the mobs and have a new one.  Quest, spawn, dungeon. This is the second quest type we have had. The other one has 8 items also but they are the eight virtue tiles that you get one of 8 also.

That quest is once per toon.
    We are lucky this one is not.

I would get used to this because I think it is how event quests will continue to be done.

The tiles are fine because no one tile (short of prefence) is any more valuable that any other tile and more than likely you can trade duplicate/unwanted tiles for the one you want.

The amount of backlash they would have received if Where's Yukio was one per toon would have been off the charts as there is a single item that exceedingly more valuable than the rest.  I suspect as well no-one is offering to trade their earrings for any other reward.

I think it's poor CS to make quests that rely solely on RNG to get a desirable result.  If Where's Yukio had 8 highly desirable items, that would be a different story, it's frustrating as it stands and punishes casual players.

I think it's poor CS to make quests that rely solely on RNG to get a desirable result.  If Where's Yukio had 8 highly desirable items, that would be a different story, it's frustrating as it stands and punishes casual players.

The whole of UO has "quests" to get items. Sometimes you do not get the exact one you want when you complete the quest.  Thats why UO has lasted 23+ years.  We don't get what we want by playing for a few hours.  If we did we would play a few hours and finish the game and move on.

Casual players have till Oct/Nov to get earrings if they want to.  They have a chance to get them on the first try. 
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    popps said:
    Drago said:
    And how do you know about that ?

I saw nothing said officially about it.

that was a joke... i.e.- never...
    Pawain said:
    The whole of UO has "quests" to get items. Sometimes you do not get the exact one you want when you complete the quest.  Thats why UO has lasted 23+ years.  We don't get what we want by playing for a few hours.  If we did we would play a few hours and finish the game and move on.

Casual players have till Oct/Nov to get earrings if they want to.  They have a chance to get them on the first try. 
    You may believe that 'quests' are the reason UO has lasted this long, but there were not quests initially, so that pretty much invalidates your point right there.  Every other MMOG has quests, WoW has tons of quests, but I quit that because I hate the grind in WoW, now there's the grind in UO.  Yay.  UO has lasted as long as it has because it has a unique class-less skill system that allows people to make truly unique templates, couple that with player housing, which no other game implements to the degree UO does and in my opinion that's the reason UO has lasted 23+ years, I know that's what I have been here for that long.

Now back to the topic, It's still piss-poor design to make a single item completely random drop if all the other drops are essentially worthless.  Granted, you may have to grind for a cameo, but the other nearly every other item has value and is useful.  Additionally, if you don't want to grind or can't afford a cameo there are other ways to get nearly the same result, a slayer weapon and a HCI/DI talisman.  You're not handicapped by not having the item there are other ways to achieve what those rewards grant for the most part (Jumu being a notable exception with the 5% SDI).  Once again, a 15% SDI on an item that fits in a slot that isn't equipment (Sorry Gargs  :( ) is pretty nice.  Having to grind quest after quest to get it just once is poor design especially when all other rewards are basically worthless.  Just because you hit the RNG and 'broke even' doesn't mean everyone else will and therein lies the problem.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Lol, since there is so much complain about worthless consolation prizes, then next time award that earring, or nothing.

There are so many other quests and boss fight that gives useless or nothing good, if it doesn't give u that one item that u actually wanted.

This Yukio quest has other useful stuff if you can to check the loot bags.

From Yomotsu elders, I found a legendary armor. And both elders and priests drop clean splintering bokuto. I am just waiting to see it can drop the perfect combination of specs.

Everyone just rushed through them. Even picking up the gold, or salvage the jewelry for imbuing ingredients are ok.

Almost every quest in the game is going to be a "grind" because we keep repeating until we get what we want. If it's not a grind then it'd a clicky, vet reward or store item.

If anyone has a better idea then why not go ahead and propose a better system that is not a grind, and perhaps the dev can take a look and even implement if it's good. Some examples will be nice.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited May 2021
    It seems some people have forgotten last year with the virtue tiles where it was 1 per char and shard bound. So before complaining about having to do Yukio's quest 5-10 times to get a pair of earrings think about how they could have made it 1 drop per char and you could have never gotten a pair. 

@Hera_Siege - if you think Yukio's quest is such a grind then feel free to go do all those other things that won't be a grind and still get you money; take that money and buy earrings. I'm sure there is some newbie who doesn't mind the grind that will gladly take your money to ease your burden of getting the earrings.
    edited May 2021
    I followed the tips from stratics and found several new maps, but I don't think the next event is activated yet. Another fun event to grind is coming.

Add: I wonder if all the caves in the above map were there before or new ones.
    Seth just opened the gates for the pre event whining. It's too this, it's too that, not enough of this, too much of that... before they even know what the event will be.
    My bad, sorry was too excited... :# it’s going to come... no matter what... 
    keven2002 said:
    It seems some people have forgotten last year with the virtue tiles where it was 1 per char and shard bound. So before complaining about having to do Yukio's quest 5-10 times to get a pair of earrings think about how they could have made it 1 drop per char and you could have never gotten a pair. 

@ Hera_Siege - if you think Yukio's quest is such a grind then feel free to go do all those other things that won't be a grind and still get you money; take that money and buy earrings. I'm sure there is some newbie who doesn't mind the grind that will gladly take your money to ease your burden of getting the earrings.
    Where the issues lies is it's not 5-10 times to get a pair of earrings, I've completed the quest 73 times across 2 shards and have received 3 sets of earrings.  1 in 8 does NOT guarantee you a set of earrings after 8 attempts or even 100, please see my previous post for a general stats lesson.

Someone already mentioned the virtue tiles 1 per.  Here's the difference - all the tiles could be traded and personal preference decided the value of each tile [IE:  I like honor more than humility].  People actively traded duplicate tiles for ones they hadn't received yet.  You want to trade me one of your earrings for any other reward?  Didn't think so.  My issue isn't with the RNG per say, but rather that the other rewards are pointless and have no value outside of deco.  No-one is going to trade any other reward for a set of earrings.

@Seth The proposal is to make it like a Tokuno trade-in.  At least then you know how many times you need to run the quest to get your desired amount of earrings.  I don't mind running the quest, but when RNG determines when I get the only useful item that's pretty poor considering there is no guarantee I'll ever receive one (Yes, yes, the chances of that are astronomical, but point is there is that chance).. Additionally, other encounters yield other useful rewards, Didn't get a Cameo?  Maybe you got a Hawkwind, or Shanty's, nearly everything from the roof encounter while not the highly desirable Cameo, actually has value and can be sold or used.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    so go do roof and sell what you get go do spawn and sell PS etc etc all good ways to get what you want coming here and whining 0% chance of success....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    so go do roof and sell what you get go do spawn and sell PS etc etc all good ways to get what you want coming here and whining 0% chance of success....
    I traded for two of them using two items I got from IDOCs. 
    edited May 2021
    @Hera_Siege - I don't need to read your interpretation of stats that apply to this event because you aren't a developer that coded the event so you are just theorizing. Maybe instead of coming off so hostile just because I'm not agreeing with your rant, you should take a step back and re-read what I wrote. 

McDougle said:
    Exactly. Congrats McDougle! You got it first try.