Triton Question

I am training a Triton which I opened In Tokuno but when I started adding specials like AI , Chivy and FWW it also wants to add Ninjutsu. Is that as it should be? Or am I doing something wrong??? I would appreciate any assistance.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited June 2019
    Yes it costs 700 extra points to add FWW.  It has to have the scroll, ability and the passive magic.

In order to get one with AI/FWW/Chiv,  you need to start with one that has high intensity.

Calculate the intensity here: https://www.uo-cah.com/pet-intensity-calculator

Then go to the planner on that page.  Do not add anything but save the planner.  Copy the link and post it here.

I can see if yours is a good candidate for that build.

You have to plan the build because the abilities need to be added over two training cycles.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    https://www.uo-cah.com/saved-planner?id=8VaMb6Iwa2 I think this is the correct link.
    Looks Good.  I suggest you max the intel to increase mana regen.  Set the Stamina Regen to 10, they lose stamina when hit.

Thats all that is needed to make a good base pet.  You still have 312 points.

I would put a Tactics scroll on.  110 or 115 at least.

A 115 allows 458 Mana  thats plenty.  110 allows more.

Here it is with a 115.  A 120 would have less Mana which is fine.  All Chiv./AI pets go to 0 Mana fast. they run on regens.

https://www.uo-cah.com/saved-planner?id=zkNyX3efGM

You got yourself a Killing Machine.  Have fun!
    When building it you need to spread out the abilities.

1st Round you could max the Strength 700.  If the pet started with less than 200 it will use all the points. If more, you have spare points, Use the spare points to start setting the Regens, leftover few points to Mana.

2nd round you could set the resists.  Put on the AI and FWW. make sure Str is 700 and max the Intel. Use the rest of the round to set the Regens.  

Last round you could finish the Regens, add the Chiv, add the scrolls, and choose the Mana.

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    @Pawain Thanks for the advice. I had the same idea as you did with the only difference being I would add Chiv in the secound round and add FWW on the final round with the scrolls. The reason I was thinking of doing FWW last is because I would be training it on Single Monsters in lvl 6 shame and would not need the FWW, unless you were thinking of a specific reason why I should do it with Chivy Last. Would it train up faster if it had 2 Monsters on it fighting insted of 1?

No reason on a Triton.  Some pets have built in abilities so you can not do them in a different order.  I like to stick with an order that works for any pet type.

Tritons train on the Mages and the vortexes just fine.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2021
    Don't mind if I ride on this old post with another "Triton Question". I am just starting to build my first Triton after I stopped using the tamer for a few years.

I saw uo-cah recommendation to put physical resist to 80. I researched several posts at stratics and uo.com and it seem this is the preferred. However, taming mastery combat training seems to work best against physical damage, e.g. consume damage only works with physical damage. Does more physical resist reduce the efficiency of combat training?

I managed to get a 81.4% Triton which I intend to use as my main attacking pet vs boss.. So its a AI + Chivalry.

I have used a other pets with pure AI and Chivalry long ago, its good but I recall not every AI is successful. Should I add another skill like discord or CB? I don't intend to have AOE for this pet.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    No put physical fire and energy resist to 80 on any pet that is not a specific target build. Consume works fine. 

Since you can get tritons over and over, you can put whatever you want on them then stick em in the stable and use the AI/chiv one since it will do the most single target damage.
    Pawain said:
    No put physical fire and energy resist to 80 on any pet that is not a specific target build. Consume works fine. 

Since you can get tritons over and over, you can put whatever you want on them then stick em in the stable and use the AI/chiv one since it will do the most single target damage.

Ok thanks, too bad the energy resist cannot be adjusted lower, so I can spread some to cold and poison as well.
    edited May 2021
    If you lore the tough you fight. You will notice few have cold or poison damage.

I use a naj for zippy. There are 2 other tough mobs that have all 20 damage. Krampus does cold damage. 
    So for 95 % of UO a pet does not need added cold or poison resist.

Things in Eodon have poison damage. I put poison before cold because I play there often.

I have no idea why players would put 70s on all resists when 2 will rarely be used and physical damage is on most mobs. I guess they like their pet always taking 10% extra damage.
    edited May 2021
    I don't think I am going to use this pet for existing bosses in the game. They will be more for future seasonal events,which could have more variety and unpredictable.

EM events' bosses keep changing tactics, and its hard to change a pet in the middle of a fight. I am going to move a tamer mage and a mystic mage for my next event. Hopefully I can do at least some damage and let the reward based on lucky pick rather than highest damage.

Other events like the last ice dungeon will need to have cold resist, and who knows future events may have poison based mobs. I know you are going to tell me build additional pets with different resists to deal with different events but... what if I just want one pet... lol

The addiction is not strong in you.
    Tritons are the best for scalis. You can toss a few heals give it Gift of Renewal and concentrate on healing others and killing eels, while you watch the other pet types die.
    edited May 2021
    Pawain said:
    Tritons are the best for scalis. You can toss a few heals give it Gift of Renewal and concentrate on healing others and killing eels, while you watch the other pet types die.

I check Scalis has 30 cold, but if your Triton has low resist I don't think it matters since physical is 40, so that helps consume damage.

Corgul has 10 10 30 40 10. It's high in cold and poison... so this is an example of what may be an event boss (EM or global) . Since everyone is having high fire, physical, and energy... there is a weakness that designers can exploit.

So me think I will flatten out more at least 70 to 75 resist in physical and fire, cold and poison to be same.

I am still abit of contrarian for the 80 physical resist. Since if target has alot of physical damage, it helps in consume damage. While I still need physical resist, I feel 80 is an overkill and caused a weakness in other resist.

So, not saying I am right but just sharing what I have in mind for a no-weakness resist spread.. rather than having very strong vs weak resist.

75 75 65 61 89
    73 73 65 65 89

If based on normal recommendations:
    80 80 60 56 89

edited May 2021
    Like I said, I don't run consume at Scalis. A GoR and a few Heals keep him alive.
    Salamander is my Scalis killer.

This is him, and he is my general use Triton. The other resists are on the one I use at Corgul only.

I prefer to take a pet that has 80 resists for 95% of UO.  We have a Lore Skill, use it.
    If I need cold resist I can take a cu that has 80+ A naj has 100 Poison. My Hiryus have 80 in all but Cold.
    I have some specific pets Like Corguls Nemesis.  I have Fire Steeds that are set for Mel and Medusa only.

I hate when you write a post and then you were logged off by the system and have to rewrite it...
    temp.bmp 157.3K
    Thanks for sharing. Do you happen to train a specific Triton or pet for EM events with unknown mob type?

There were a few times when I am alogged out after typing a post. But I can still copy the post, login and then paste back in. 
    I have to take a mountable pet on LS. They put us in small areas with hallways we have to go down.  There are way too many players at the events.  So you can not take a  walking pet and expect it to be able to get to the areas. It gets hung in the crowd of players.

So, I take my Cu because what it lacks in Poison resist it makes up in Chivalry and healing.  Most of the Boss's at EM events are based on common Mobs, the EM does not change their resists, he just gives them whatever extra powers he decides upon.
    Thanks, I have a better idea now after reading your shared experience.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited May 2021
    My Chiv+AI Triton (Poseidon) can fight and kill a discoed Corgul, Scalis, and even Putrifier without me healing him (Consume Damage with Putrifier), and his Resists weren't specifically catered towards fighting them. He still has enough TP left to 120 all his skills once i get the PS for it.

With 80 Physical Resist, a 120 Taming/120 Lore Consume Damage causes Physical Damage to basically heal the pet instead of damaging it. Can clearly see this with Slasher of Veil's Boulder Barrage ability healing 80 Physical Resist pets under Consume Damage. Can also see it with a 80 Phys Resist pet under Consume Damage tanking the entire Lvl 4 spawn of Sleeping Dragon Champ, and the incoming Physical Damage from the Hiryus out healing the magic damage he takes from the Onis.
    edited May 2021
    Ok, so higher physical resist helps to consume damage better, am I right?

I was assuming consume damage is based on "eating" net damage (after deducting resist), and not the initial/gross damage before resist. Sorry I may be thinking too much lol... maybe it's because I am worried pet training is irreversible unlike our characters. So I don't want to waste a good 80 pts pet.
    Disregard the above, I will just follow one of the resist spread.
    Consume increases HP regen at tiny amounts of damage. 

Use resists that fit what you fight. 
    Yup, I used the one with 75 75 x x x at uo-cah for generic use. If required then I will make a new pet with 80 80 resists type depending on the specific boss. I have quite a few Tritons with wrestling above 125, so my next plan could be a disco + CB.
  • ElessarElessar Posts: 23
    Pawain said:
    This is 100% true in my experience.  I've tried other pets with full 120s on Scalis (Cu, Lesser Hiryu, Fire Beetle, Frost Mite, etc.) with the same resists as my triton and Scalis chews them up bad.  I run multiple tamers at once, and I can take tritons on my team and never have to heal them.  This allows me to pay attention to others, kill off the eels, etc.  

It makes no sense to me.  Two different pets with the same skills and resists should have roughly the same survivability - and yet they don't seem to.  Even Cu Sidhes with their healing don't survive nearly as well.  I've done enough Scalis encounters that I don't think it's just a small sample size bias; I don't bother with anything but tritons at this point for Scalis.  
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    I normally stay out of pet stuff, but I have a question...this is mostly in response to Pawain's and Elessar's posts.

Has anyone tested to see if Tritons have an innate ability when fighting the 3 High Seas bosses? Something that gives them an advantage over other pets?

Tritons are part of the "ocean" content and were introduced with the High Seas development passes. If I was Kyronix, I would have done it. 
    -Arroth
    I normally stay out of pet stuff, but I have a question...this is mostly in response to Pawain's and Elessar's posts.

Has anyone tested to see if Tritons have an innate ability when fighting the 3 High Seas bosses? Something that gives them an advantage over other pets?

Tritons are part of the "ocean" content and were introduced with the High Seas development passes. If I was Kyronix, I would have done it. 
    I don't think so and violet and khyro would sting me up if I said they did.

I built mine to go with the sea theme.  So no matter how good or bad they worked, I would use them.

Tritons also work well when surrounded when you have consume on.

Realize they have all the bells and whistles a pet can get. They have healing and naturally have more HP than many pet types can get with the same build.
    It's not magic, it's the starting stats they process. Also have high resist.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    as long as tritons and Cu have free built in healing they will be better than other pets...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...