Newbie Question How do i exit a boat?

RinerRiner Posts: 357
Here's the problem I am trying to get to Fire Island - I put the boat next to a sandy beach in the north and lower the gang plank. When I step off onto the land I get bounced back onto the boat. I've tried in 
Thanks,
Riner

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Walk don’t run, you may have to uncheck an option in your options to always run”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 357
    Damn so simple yet confusing!

Thanks!
    Riner
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    It’s really bad, tbh. No message or anything. I have played this game for years and only learned that you had to walk off just a few months ago. I would either teleport off or keep trying different areas that actually allowed you to run off (certain docks and certain land areas). 

A simple fix for this would be either:
    -Allow players to run off a boat
    or
    -A system message tell you that you must walk off the boat

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2021
    “I see no reason for this not to be moved to bug section,

@Mariah

expected result: to exit boat while running”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    I had the same problem in 2002. Have been playing on my boat since then.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 357
    dvvid said:
    It’s really bad, tbh. No message or anything. I have played this game for years and only learned that you had to walk off just a few months ago. I would either teleport off or keep trying different areas that actually allowed you to run off (certain docks and certain land areas). 

A simple fix for this would be either:
    -Allow players to run off a boat
    or
    -A system message tell you that you must walk off the boat

Either of these suggestions would have saved me time and confusion.

Thanks 

Riner