Can someone explain the item tags (Brittle, Antique, Prized, etc.) to me.

What does it mean when an item says any of the following:
Brittle
Antique
Prized
and any other I may have missed?

Comments

• Thank you. So only prized items cost more to insure than other items?
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Thank you. So only prized items cost more to insure than other items?
    Yes
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    DJAd said:
    Thank you. So only prized items cost more to insure than other items?
    Yes

No, not only prized items. High intensity (many properties) items and other special items will also cost more to insure.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2018
    You missed 
    cursed
    which means you can’t insure them.

(And “cannot be repaired” is a negative mod)

watch out, there is also a negative property that makes items weigh 50 stones, but it’s not named on the pieces. I tried to submit it as bug report but was informed it’s not a bug as per usual. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• So hard to tell what is valuable now many years ago I was confident I knew what items were keepers and what was trash. Now I am perplexed as to what I should loot and what I can trash.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    Magic ones go from minor to major
    And artifacts go from lesser to legendary.

That plus some knowledge od the properties should get you going.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    125 strength requirement items aren't named either.

also unaffected by enhancing or imbuing with lower requirements.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • GemGem Posts: 37
    Ultra--I'd recommend using vendor search on some of the properties to get an idea of what is worth keeping.  It IS tougher than the old days to figure out what is of most value :)
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited April 2018

It's all a load of crap.

Designed to upset me every day I see my characters in this shit, to know it's wearing out rapidly while I just play, and that I must spend every 5 minutes of my time repairing stuff, rather than just pvping or pvming.

Get rid of all these properties, I hate them so much. They almost made my game meaningless.

Loot all of it, and unravel it, or use it for clean-up points. And campaign for more game friendly armour and equipment.

CovenantX said:
    125 strength requirement items aren't named either.

also unaffected by enhancing or imbuing with lower requirements.
    Do you know, I thought this was the case, but I looked at the link for item properties and couldn’t see it there so assumed I was imagining it. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    These two properties are listed on the magic item properties page as 'massive' and 'unweildy', as they were in the publish notes. Those words do not appear on the items, but the weight 50 stones and the strength requirement 125 do.
    Yes so they are. I think the page should maybe put the negatives in a different section to the positives 

Mervyn said:
    Yes so they are. I think the page should maybe put the negatives in a different section to the positives 
    That would make to much sense!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Cookie said:

It's all a load of crap.

Designed to upset me every day I see my characters in this shit, to know it's wearing out rapidly while I just play, and that I must spend every 5 minutes of my time repairing stuff, rather than just pvping or pvming.

Get rid of all these properties, I hate them so much. They almost made my game meaningless.

Loot all of it, and unravel it, or use it for clean-up points. And campaign for more game friendly armour and equipment.

No, @Mervyn wants all our equipment to wear out so we have to grind more.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited April 2018
    I think i'm capable of expressing my own opinion.

And I would like our equipment to wear out yes, if it's legendary. In order to encourage players to think again about the equipment they wear, and perhaps go for something reforged with a few less mods to guarantee longevity compared to the current no brainer of wearing legendaries. @Cookie clearly hasn't done his maths. The Brittle equipment he wears will never wear out if he repairs when it requires repair.

Mervyn said:
    The Brittle equipment he wears will never wear out if he repairs when it requires repair.
    Needs to tell AJ about how to repair  :D
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Mervyn said:
    @ Cookie clearly hasn't done his maths. The Brittle equipment he wears will never wear out if he repairs when it requires repair.

Oh we're about to have some fun, I've done my maths ok. :)