Feature request: transmogrification + hide head gear/shield + special mage :"ield

Modify appearances of armor/wearables
Can we get a vet reward or cash shop item that allows us to change the appearance of an item? So, you can change a straw hat into a bandana, keeping the same properties? It would have under its title [transformed] or whatever. 

Hide headgear, shield/robe
Also as @jaytin said in another thread: let's have the option to hide headgear. I would add shield and robe to that.

Special mage shield: shield ward
It'd be cool to have a new item called a shield ward, which would be a very small type ward that functions like a shield that mages can hold in their left hand. And to be able to transform any shield into that ward. Shields on mages look silly and ugly.
A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Those are some nice ideas.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

Fantastic idea, I've always mentioned along these lines, but never actually put it into words like that - Online store item, or Vet reward, both perfect.

For headgear for a mage - I love circlets, and you don't get many of these. Wizards hats are ok, I can live with caps, but some other stuff looks bad.

I'd also like to do something about Hawkwinds Robe...

And yes, for the off-hand, I've been requesting a Crystal Ball, Orb style since forever, instead of having to show a shield.

• InLorInLor Posts: 354
    Cookie said:

Fantastic idea, I've always mentioned along these lines, but never actually put it into words like that - Online store item, or Vet reward, both perfect.

For headgear for a mage - I love circlets, and you don't get many of these. Wizards hats are ok, I can live with caps, but some other stuff looks bad.

I'd also like to do something about Hawkwinds Robe...

And yes, for the off-hand, I've been requesting a Crystal Ball, Orb style since forever, instead of having to show a shield.

Yep!
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    A couple of my chars have the Sorcerer set but I really hate those wizard hats!  :o
    I hate after all these years just not being able to customize this stuff.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

Something like a repair deed but for reshaping instead of repairing?

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    This would be a great addition to the in game store. I reckon they would sell loads.
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    option to hide cape/back slot or at least change its appearance to something not obnoxious would be great too. I'm sick of having to either look ridiculous or forego certain (extremely useful) item slots.
    So, in summary:
    Item to change any wearable to a wearable that occupies the same slot.

Hide headgear/robe/cape

Shield ward for mages. The change appearance item would allow any shield to be change into this, but it would also be appear in loot.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    The only thing other thing to mention would be how would you deal with items made from different materials?

For example I get a cloth wizard hat and want to change to a bone helmet. By changing from cloth to bone would it then award the 3% lmc bonus?

Should items only be allowed to be changed to other graphics as long as they are the same material?

Example:

Wizards hat to bandana = ok
    Leather chest to metal chest = not ok
    edited April 2018
    Only the appearance changes. A metal helmet that originally wae a bandana would show [transformed from a bandana]... do no bonuses from the appearance material.

Perhaps every appearance change should cost the item 10 durability. So 255/255 would become 245/245.

I don't know whether this should include arties and stuff.. probably not?