Feature idea: instanced apartment rentals for EJs (and subscribers without a house)

I got this idea when I was  arguing against housing for EJs. Which I think EJs should never get. However, perhaps this could be nice: The vault, the new building, would become a hotel with rooms-for-rent for free players (and subscribers without a house). They would be the size of a small house and would be instanced. They could place furniture and mess around like everyone else. The item limit would be pretty low. I would let it expire within a week for EJ players if they don't log in and refresh it. It can only be accessed by characters on from the same. No co-owners, friends or visitors.As soon as you subscribe, it becomes permanent and free (so long you pay your subscription), with an increased storage limit to that of a small house. But all your stuff goes into a moving crate as soon as you place a house the normal way. 

The idea would be give EJs a little taste of having a place of their own, without crowding the lands, giving them access to any of the actual housing/customizing. And for subscribers to get something like this when they can't find good housing spots.

A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.

Comments

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204

3/4 neat idea 1/4 straight section 8.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    They can't get a Vault System going and now you want them to do apartment rentals.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    How about renting rooms in private houses?
    NO Apartments
    NO Room Rentals
    NO more Bank Storage
    NO Vault Rental unless they do away with the Bank Storage.
    You want more then pay your sub.
    The more you give then less reason they will have to sub and could even result in accounts closing to become EJ.

• InLorInLor Posts: 354
    A properly done rental could actually entice to sub. It would have very low storage and little space. A tiny taste of having a little place of your own. It would not be feasible for accounts to close and become EJ... it would be tiny. The size of a small house with faaar less storage. 
  • AQHFAQHF Posts: 47
    This is a great idea for sub accounts playing a shard where their house isn't. 
    AQHF said:
    This is a great idea for sub accounts playing a shard where their house isn't. 
    Well, subscribers would have the amount of storage space like in that of a small house, so yeah, that'd be cool for subscribers too.
    Sorry NO to having the ability to have a house on every shard paying account or not.
    It's not a house. It's a tiny instanced apartment. And my conception originally gives it the same rules as housing: one per account and one on Siege. 
    Are you trying to get people to sub or are you trying to get people to just play UO for free forever?
    EJ has way more freedom than the 14 day trial did and you keep wanting more, why is that.  We want subs not a bunch of freeloaders or scripters or multiboxers using EJ as a free ride.
    It's described in the post. It gives them a very tiny taste of "housing". As soon as they would fill it up they would get the prompt I described in another post "subscribe". This would never be enough to freeload on.