Patch/Art Issue

SableSable Posts: 239
I seem to have a persistent issue where the patcher doesn't properly patch up new art.  In that past, I've had to uninstall and reinstall to deal with this issue, but that is too tedious a fix to deal with every time I run into this issue when new art is introduced.

So the most recent issue is this.  On the day the St Patty's day clicky went live, I patched up regularly and went to the clicky.  I was apparently able to obtain the leprechaun but it didn't show in my backpack.  So I exited and patched, this time clicking the check all files option, and from then on, characters I took to get the clicky could see the leprechaun.  Unfortunately, the character I took to initially get it still can't see it, even though when I empty my backpack it shows I still have that invisible leprechaun in my pack.  I just can't see it, can't move it, can't drop it.  I tried dying but that didn't help either.

To add to this issue, yesterday I purchased a capybara and was told it is now in my pack.  I cannot see it, nor the leprechaun.  I have experienced this issue before with other vanity mounts and clicky rewards.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2021
    Are you using the official client? and only the official client? 
    I hear some of the unofficial clients have this problem. 
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    We are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it. The current user solution for this is to always start your game client using "Run as Administrator".
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    Yoshi said:
    Are you using the official client? and only the official client? 
    I hear some of the unofficial clients have this problem. 
    Yep, strictly the UO Classic Client, no additional programs like UOAssist.
    Bleak said:
    We are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it. The current user solution for this is to always start your game client using "Run as Administrator".
    Thanks for the response Bleak.
    I wanted to add an additional detail.  In instances where I got clicky rewards on characters before going back and forcing the patch, even after the patch the items remain hidden in my inventory even though subsequent characters on the same account could get the rewards and see them.