World wide release?

AaylaAayla Posts: 170
edited March 2021 in General Discussions
Where's the Hook shield? and the recipe? 

None on the Pirate Blackmarket merchant ...

and UO Store items? ...

Why make this an "event" if it's not available at the release?

AND I didn't saw in the publish notes there was going to have a doubloons cap at the merchant ...

Comments

• GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
    hi the pirates event I don't understand either. 

If lots people have lots of points to get the coconuts and what ever else is new off the vendor in Bucs.  People I'm sure have been doing lots of pirate stuff in the last month or so to get the cargo.  I haven't done this pirate cargo stuff yet, but I do have an idea about it.  So if the event starts now March 16th, what is it?  just coconuts added to the Bucs vendor.  And the shield and recipe maybe added to the Bucs vendor for 30 ish days? (that parts a guess)  ty :)
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    @Aayla - Don't take this the wrong way but most of everything that you posted about has already been laid out between TC1 and Gen Discussion topics so unless you have completely ignored multiple threads over the past 2 weeks or so you shouldn't be surprised.  :#

Essentially Kyronix has already said (and Pub Notes also say) things will be a staggered release. So while it doesn't say exactly when everything will be released, you shouldn't be surprised Hooks shield isn't there. 

Here is a quick recap:
    • The Pirates Life "event" is basically just getting everyone back on the high seas to get doubloons for the new rewards. I can speak to this personally as I started about a month ago and the seas were dead but within the past few days I've seen quite a few people out.
    • The fellowship medallion / coconut / pirates chest / Hooks Map are new items in the black market.
    • There was a post dedicated to the doubloon on TC forum cap. https://forum.uo.com/discussion/8348/currently-at-cap-for-doubloons#latest ;
    • New Vet rewards were also released as of today (worldwide). 
    Given that the new items are mostly 100K point or more (shield is 200k); this is the opportunity for people to build up those points now for future items (ie take to the high seas matey).... hence the Pirate's Life
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Thanks @keven2002 :) it helped me a lot
  • GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
    keven2002  ty helps me a bit to your info :)

But I am still confused   you said, Pirates Life "event" is basically just getting everyone back on the high seas to get doubloons for the new rewards.

So then there is a start date, march 16th and no end date, this would go on for ever since its just a few new rewards.  I could for instance do this Pirates Life "event"  say in a few months during summer and still get the rewards, or next fall.  I was thinking its something like deceit or ice, but if this is what it is, then i'll take me time  :)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    edited March 2021
    Aayla said:

and UO Store items? ...

AND I didn't saw in the publish notes there was going to have a doubloons cap at the merchant ...

The publish notes say quite clearly

Black Market Rewards

These will be available for testing on TC1 and will follow a staggered release on Production.

That falls into place with the original concept, when new rewards were added on a staggered release too.

Publish notes:
    The Black Market Merchant

The update to the merchant's inventory will appear later today.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Is this event restricted to players that have ships?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Arnold7 said:
    Is this event restricted to players that have ships?
    Do you see pirates in the desert?  :p
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Pirates Chest only faces one direction....
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    publish notes:
    Can only be adjusted using the interior decorator while in the closed state

tested it, turned it. It can be East or South

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited March 2021
    Yep, operator error :P
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Aayla said:

and UO Store items? ...

I have also yelled out each of these things in Chat at least 10 times.  Except I also expected the store items to be released today.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.