Portals Between Realms

GalluccioGalluccio Posts: 77
edited March 2021 in General Discussions
The Shield Transfer Tokens are a relic of the past.  It's time for Ultima Online to enter the next Century. Here's the word they love the most--the word "just."  Just place a portal room to all the realms inside of Lord British's castle.  You step into the portal and seconds later you come out on the other side into a different Shard.  

Best.  Idea.  Ever.  And, I know I am the first person to ever think of this idea. 

Comments

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    This... again.... *sigh*
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2021
    I am happy if there is cross shard trading function, without a need to transfer entire character into another shard.

To reduce the character shard transfer to a single teleport tile could be more complicated than you think. At the account level, it has to delete your character in shard A and copy it to shard B. I cannot imagine this happening in a blink of a teleport.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    I agree.

Or, failing that, just let the tokens that the shield's generate be sold and used by anyone. Vets who invested in the shard shields still have something meaningful and the portals to the other realms widens for everyone. 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    EA would never allow this as they would lose way to much money from Xfer Tokens
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Jepeth said:
    I agree.

Or, failing that, just let the tokens that the shield's generate be sold and used by anyone. Vets who invested in the shard shields still have something meaningful and the portals to the other realms widens for everyone. 

lmao.... ho my
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    I love the idea, you could place your house on any shard with easy access. I do see the hard issues with coding this, so I doubt its feasible, but I'm in!
    So you can only visit your house once a day because of the 24 hour time limit per Account for shard Xfers
    Oh I forgot that you also want them to take away the once every 24 hour xfer limit so we can now overload the housing/xfer server too.  Better block it for EJ Accounts because the Atl house sellers wont like it and figure a way to shut it down just like the RMTers did.
  • TheoTheo Posts: 169
    They only way if this is allowed is if they charge your account $20 every time you transfer.  But then, that is what a transfer token does. Odd. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Galluccio said:
    The Shield Transfer Tokens are a relic of the past.  It's time for Ultima Online to enter the next Century. Here's the word they love the most--the word "just."  Just place a portal room to all the realms inside of Lord British's castle.  You step into the portal and seconds later you come out on the other side into a different Shard.  

Best.  Idea.  Ever.  And, I know I am the first person to ever think of this idea. 

I believe it has been stated, on several occasions, that this is not technically possible.