is there any chance

That we can get a splash page describing what multi-boxing is, and isnt.

That multi clienting is allowed, but not supported, and that CC has auto follow.

Can we also teach the gms that using CC, with auto follow is not multi boxing?

And can we action people who constantly threaten to/do report us for herassment?

Sorry, just frustrated over something unrelated to this, and wanted to vent.

Comments

• XrisXris Posts: 130
    I've actually been interested in trying multi client. A nice write up would be nice. Interested in peoples set ups too (macros etc).
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Well, i have 4 monitors. My tamers i use f2 for all kill, f3 for all follow me, f5 last object, f6 last target, f7 heal pet(forget the combo of macros) f8 last spell. I dont have most spells as a macro(just gheal self, and invis self)

My pocket bards have no macros, just auto follow from the classic client.

Its faster for me to swipe my hand and put the cursor on the right monitor than alt-tabbing, and selecting the right micro window. I try to have the sane layout for play window, and spells across the characters.
    Makes it easier to find my gheals, arch cures and whatnot
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,021
    edited March 2021
    Running multiple accounts reminds me a bit of Ultima Prime. In those original Ultimas, when you were on the world map you had the little stick figure guy who represented your party, but when you got into combat you "zoomed" into Strategy Mode or whatever it was called. The game turned into a little chessboard and you had to control each character individually.

When I'm using multiple accounts it always feels like I'm in UO's Strategy mode. Acutally, when UO launched, the paper-doll had a Strategy button intended to switch gameplay states. That functionality was never implemented and eventually the button was swapped for something else. It seems that over the course of many years and publishes, the dev teams have implemented Strategy mode, in an emergent gameplay kind of way.

It took me awhile to get used to multi-clienting, but now I'm actually enjoying it. It is a slower, more methodical way of playing, at least for me (or it turns bat guano crazy and the whole party dies!!!). 

I don't think there is any real write-up you could do for it. You just load one account, then load the next one and see how it goes. Remember you can resize windows, so you can fit multiple game windows on a single screen. You don't need multiple monitors to run multiple clients. As Norry said, the same macros for each client bound to the same hotkeys is a huge help. 
    -Arroth
    Yeah, if one of my characters die, i focus so much on rezzing them that most of the rest end up dieing. But i like having taming/spellweavers for tanking stuff.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Norry said:
    Well, i have 4 monitors. My tamers i use f2 for all kill, f3 for all follow me, f5 last object, f6 last target, f7 heal pet(forget the combo of macros) f8 last spell. I dont have most spells as a macro(just gheal self, and invis self)

My pocket bards have no macros, just auto follow from the classic client.

Its faster for me to swipe my hand and put the cursor on the right monitor than alt-tabbing, and selecting the right micro window. I try to have the sane layout for play window, and spells across the characters.
    Makes it easier to find my gheals, arch cures and whatnot
    I’m the same as you... 4 monitors and 4 accounts.  I regularly use CC and auto-follow for certain encounters.  I can swap screens very fast with identical macros for things like all follow, all kill, etc.  It is inexcusable that our GMs can’t tell the difference.

I was given a 3 day ban during the city invasions because GM Theron was just one such GM and @Mesanna refused to respond to any email about it.

Ultimately I have resorted to recording my game play when I do this as proof of playing legit in order to protect my accounts.
    Same here, i am waiting yo hear back if EJ account will be returned. If not, then i think i may keave permamently. Losing 100mil, and hundreds if not thousands of hours training and playing because players/gms dont know hurts.

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,021
    I hear ya Merus. GM's visually trying to discern what you are doing is quite a bit behind the curve at this point.

I can execute commands in two windows in probably a second or less, just by flicking the mouse and pushing a key. (And that's me - I'm not even a good player!) It would be difficult if you were just watching as a GM to tell the difference between rapid window switching and a macro group that was executing both the commands from a single keypress. 

UO is old. The dev team's have always struggled to keep up with the advancements in systems. Multiple Monitor setup's, programmable keyboards, all the macro software and key binding software out there, that is a lot of automation to account for. (Not to mention all the AI stuff that is starting to percolate.)

Our team may not even be aware of all the ways their customers are interacting with the software. The o'l "no multi-boxing" may have been fine in the past (and it should definitely be kept), but it is hardly a complex enough or subtle enough position to account for everything that is happening in the world of tech.

Maybe the team needs to have a hard think about how they would like us to interact with the game world vs. how modern technology actually allows us to interact with the game world. Then pass some of those realities along to the GM's. Save everyone some time.      
    -Arroth