Publish 110 Feedback - Vet Rewards

13»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Go to Brit Commons and click the clickies.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Galluccio said:
    How are people testing the veteran rewards?  /give veteran rewards isn't working

Clicky statue at Brit Commons.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited March 2021
    Galluccio said:
    How are people testing the veteran rewards?  /give veteran rewards isn't working
    @Galluccio

Go to Britain's Commons, there is 3 Stones there, click on them and you'll get all of the Publish 110 items.

There is also a Gate to take you to the Black Market Pirate and another Gate to get the Doubloon points so you can also check out the new items on the Black Market.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2021
    Talking about crafters, I think besides holding Spell Books and Rune Books, it will be very good to include BOD Books as well. And all count as 1 item (and 1 stone). This will definitely be a top Vet Reward qualifier... maybe 3 or 5 years.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    @Kyronix - I understand that the straps need to be Vet rewards (although I disagree because the straps as they stand are FAR from a quality of life improvement).

If you are going to make them vet rewards, I really think the straps should be recipes/account bound sets because at 14+ years there is just way too much opportunity cost for selecting a strap over a shard shield/davies locker/garden shed. If you don't like either of those then perhaps make them like the davies/garden shed and allow 125-500 books to be put in them at a 1 item slot so people could at least use them to save house / bank box space.

It doesn't make sense for people to choose a single book strap (with 1 pick) for either spellbooks OR runebooks and still be limited to 25 books in the strap AND not have those count as 1 item.

At the end of the day, players have been managing a cluttered backpack for years (or decades). It's not worth it to majority of players to waste a full year's allotment for 1 character to save backpack visual space. Here is my bards backpack which has numerous books that I just line up on the edges; while it is a little bit of an inconvenience...it's not anywhere close to the point where I'd burn YEARS of vet rewards for my toons. I'm sure I'm not in the minority here with that thinking either.

• Question about the spellbook and runebook packs. instead of being in your pack, can u also make it go on liek a characters shirt slot, something we dont use.  and be its own pack of 25 so it doesnt use our limit on out 125 backpack. and it coudl looke awesome strapped around you. @Kyronix

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Seth said:
    Bilbo said:
    Seth said:

I am 100% EC player and I find the reason to use straps:
    1) Separate container for my 20+ spellbooks and runebooks help to unclutter my main pack from event drops, BODs, crafting material, talisman, etc etc etc.
    No Crafter/imbuer keeps all that crap in their back pack, they keep all their crafting/imbuing supplies nicely sorted in boxes/bags next to where they do all their crafting/imbueing.  Do you live out of your backpack or something.  Bank boxes and Houses do have a use.  Please show us your crafters build that needs +20 spell books.
    I do pack them when working on BODs, how u make the items, let them drop on the floor?  :D

Crafters uses rune books and I have all shops and types in my bags. Why should I show you how to manage rune books and default favourite locations with multiple rune books?

I make stuff just fine because I keep a neat non over packed back pack like some on here posting.  I have EVERY shop in all of UO in Atlas's but that doesn't mean I carry everyone of them with me all the time, it is called planning what I am doing and not just doing stuff on a whim like it some on here.  If I go bribing Tailor BODs I take my Tailor Atlas and a Tailor BOD book that needs bribing, I do not carry any other shit with me, it is called planning.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    Agree that spellbook and runebook straps vet rewards should be an account bound recipe, there is no way I am going to pick my own vet rewards picks for them as they are right now, I got too many mages , on too many shards. I would need dozens if not more of rune books and spells books straps ,rediculous for a quality of life item. 
  • ObsidianObsidian Posts: 22
    Galluccio said:
    Go to Brit Commons on TC1.  There is a clicky.
  • RadstRadst Posts: 90
    See bottom list. This is from the patched prodo shard today. Both are shown as "book strap".

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    In another post Kyronix said it would be fix before the WW release to all shards. (They not really worth the pick anyway so no harm in waiting.)
  • BeedleBeedle Posts: 10
    I'd like to vote that the Book straps be moved to store items instead of vet rewards.  For the numerous reasons stated above, but it seems more of a quality-of-life update for users of classic client than anything else. Plus, it would open more opportunity for income as I already don't like having to move runebooks or spellbooks between characters, so I'd be buying two per character that I use across multiple accounts and shards. Vet rewards are more precious than the benefit being provided here, and thus, my vote to move those to store items instead of vet rewards. 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited March 2021
    @Kyronix The Gargish Totem of Essence does not have a security setting and the count stays at 0 even when there is one essence in the totem.

I only just noticed the lack of security setting because I got two of them on Pacific and placed them in a co-owned keep. After which I tried to set the security so I could gather their resources.
  • TimSt said:
    @ Kyronix The Gargish Totem of Essence does not have a security setting and the count stays at 0 even when there is one essence in the totem.

I only just noticed the lack of security setting because I got two of them on Pacific and placed them in a co-owned keep. After which I tried to set the security so I could gather their resources.
    It is the same on Atlantic, no security settings on the Gargish Totem of Essence, which should be corrected ASAP, as all the other resource producing items such as fountain if life, wheeelbarrows, coffee plants, etc. 
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Pawain said:
    Yes the Black gate should be a Home Moongate.
    Oh I love that idea!!!!  <3
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    TimSt said:
    @ Kyronix The Gargish Totem of Essence does not have a security setting and the count stays at 0 even when there is one essence in the totem.

The settings are on palm trees instead.
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.