Publish 110 Feedback - UO Store Items

Comments

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730

When they were talking about a container to hold our Soul Stone I was assuming it would be a box, a chest, a basket even a jewelry box that could be hidden in some quite room, not this eye sore that says I am beautiful and therefore you must place me where the world can see me.  But I do not wish to place it where the world can see it I want to hide all my stones in a box, a chest, a basket even something that looks like a jewelry chest.  HellO  I love to see a pirate chest used for it then this eye sore. 
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I bought the Sorc Suit and changed the Hat to a Pumpkin head and was able to get the suit bonus.
    Got the message  The magic of your armor combines to assist you.

TimSt said:
    Will the head slot potion work with pieces of a set and maintain the bonuses that come with wearing a full set?

For example if I use the potion on the head piece from the Journeyman's Armor set and transmorg it to a circlet with it will I get the +22% resist bonus from wearing the full set? 

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Drakelord said:

When they were talking about a container to hold our Soul Stone I was assuming it would be a box, a chest, a basket even a jewelry box that could be hidden in some quite room, not this eye sore that says I am beautiful and therefore you must place me where the world can see me.  But I do not wish to place it where the world can see it I want to hide all my stones in a box, a chest, a basket even something that looks like a jewelry chest.  HellO  I love to see a pirate chest used for it then this eye sore. 
    Does it work when in a chest?

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Larisa said:
    I agree on the soulstone vessel. The gump is way to small. If you put 20 soulstones in there, they all pile up on top of each other making it a pain to access the one you are looking for.

One option would be to add a context menu to the vessel with a list of the skills within so you can access a skill or an empty soulstone from that.

Another option would be to make the gump bigger.

Yeah, this is what I call a modern age design...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019

When attempting to open the Soulstone Vessel in your bank box or another container, you receive the following message:
    "This item can only be used when secured within a house by its account owner."

Tooltip on mouseover:
    "Account bound once secured."

Things people might want to test:

1. Seems like you're going to have to lock it down in a house your account owns. Someone on TC want to check co-owner status and see how that affects (or doesn't) the vessel?

2. Looks like it can be traded, or sold on VS prior to being secured for the first time. (Similar to a token, but with a different graphic.) Might want test that out and see how it works. 

3. Once secured for the first time, hopefully the tooltip changes to indicate that it is now account bound, and hopefully either a bound vessel cannot be placed on a vendor, or the information about bound status makes it into the vendor search window and vendor tooltip on mouseover.

Any bugs/methods related to moving secured containers into other containers will probably apply here as well.

I don't have the ability to test stuff right now, otherwise I'd try to get answers myself. 

-Arroth
    edited March 2021
    Yes the container is cool but too small.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    @Arroth_Thaiel ;
    I tried the co-owner thing on Test.
    A house co-owner place their own soul stone container and access it.  House owner can not access the co-owner's container but can move it using the move container command and relock it down.
    A house co-owner can not access the container placed by the house owner.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    TimSt said:
    Mariah said:
    Can you use one of the sets from the clean up collection to test this?
    Thanks. I did not know that I would have cleanup points on TC with a character created there.

I was able to test it and the new piece was considered part of the set.

Good! I hate that horrible cap that comes with the Journeyman's Armor Set! :)
    edited March 2021
    Larisa said:
    I agree on the soulstone vessel. The gump is way to small. If you put 20 soulstones in there, they all pile up on top of each other making it a pain to access the one you are looking for.

(...)

Another option would be to make the gump bigger.

A similar problem there is with the EC: if the Vessel can store up to 20 SSs, then please make its Gump to shows all 20 together, and not only 10 at a time.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited March 2021

When attempting to open the Soulstone Vessel in your bank box or another container, you receive the following message:

Tooltip on mouseover:
    "Account bound once secured."

Things people might want to test:

1. Seems like you're going to have to lock it down in a house your account owns. Someone on TC want to check co-owner status and see how that affects (or doesn't) the vessel?

2. Looks like it can be traded, or sold on VS prior to being secured for the first time. (Similar to a token, but with a different graphic.) Might want test that out and see how it works. 

3. Once secured for the first time, hopefully the tooltip changes to indicate that it is now account bound, and hopefully either a bound vessel cannot be placed on a vendor, or the information about bound status makes it into the vendor search window and vendor tooltip on mouseover.

Any bugs/methods related to moving secured containers into other containers will probably apply here as well.

I don't have the ability to test stuff right now, otherwise I'd try to get answers myself. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

@Kyronix , please, please, PLEEEEEASE, make it work from inside a Bank Box !!

We do not want any more players loose their hard earned skills if their House falls and takes away their Soulstones, right ?

So, it is of a fundamental importance to help out players preserve their skills on their Soulstones for when they will return to UO, that this particular Store item to store Soulstones WILL work also from inside a Bank Box.

Please, make it so !!!!

edited March 2021
    Soul stones that are inside the soul stone container do not twinkle when they have a skill on them. This will make determining which ones are in use a more hands on effort because you need to hover the mouse pointer over them.
    TimSt said:
    Soul stones that are inside the soul stone container do not twinkle when they have a skill on them. This will make determining which ones are in use a more hands on effort because you need to hover the mouse pointer over them.

If I remember well, they don't "twinkle" o "pulse" either when they are in ANY container, but only when Locked down in a House...
  • I have to agree that the Enchanted Soulstone Vessel once opened, is way too small on the inside to house the amount of soulstones it states (20) they pile on top of each other! A larger inside is a must !

Perhaps using a barrel type feature would be better, has the round style if that's what their going
    for and is quite large on the inside. 

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171

Co-Owners to a house cannot access the vessel, it says This Item does not belong to this account.

VS isn't working on TC, but I was able to place it on a vendor, buy it with my second account and place it in the house I was co-owned to. I cannot access it with the house owner, but I can retrieve it with the single left-click. Even in my pack I cannot use it as it's not bound to my account.

Cannot be placed on a vendor once it's bound to an account. The vendor says I cannot accept such an item. Tried all three vendor types.

@Larisa - A co-owner to a house can lock down their own vessel and access it.  House owner can not access a co-owner's vessel.
    edited March 2021
    @Larisa, @TimSt

Nicely done! That answers all the questions I came up with to test, except the following one.

What's this about the vessel only showing 10 items in EC? Is that in grid/list view? Grid legacy containers on/off?

Sounds like they repurposed the code from the miner/lumberjack satchel and haven't updated the container max code.

Hopefully it gets fixed prior to WW launch.
    -Arroth
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    TimSt said:
    @ Larisa - A co-owner to a house can lock down their own vessel and access it.  House owner can not access a co-owner's vessel.
    Yes I said that in my post above.

• MiaYuuriMiaYuuri Posts: 16
    About "head equipment".

When "Reinforcement" is performed on "Non-Medable equipment" and it is "Transmogrify" on "Medable equipment", the behavior is as follows.
    -It remains "Medable" and is in the "Reinforcement" state.
    The upper resistance and avoidance values have changed, but they remain meditation-enabled.

Is this the intended specification?

@Arroth_Thaiel

In grid mode it is 5 columns by 4 rows.  Only two rows show at a time.

In list mode only 2 or 3 stones are shown at a time and only says soul stone.  IMO it should say what the skill and level are.

In legacy mode it is just a pile of oversized stones that you need to move out of the way to find what you want.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    popps said:

@ Kyronix , please, please, PLEEEEEASE, make it work from inside a Bank Box !!

We do not want any more players loose their hard earned skills if their House falls and takes away their Soulstones, right ?

So, it is of a fundamental importance to help out players preserve their skills on their Soulstones for when they will return to UO, that this particular Store item to store Soulstones WILL work also from inside a Bank Box.

Please, make it so !!!!

@popps - I believe this wouldn't work from a bank box (regardless of secures) because players cannot use a soulstone from their bank current day (therefore wouldn't be able to future state). You will get a message today that says something to the effect of "you must be in a safe log out location to use".

That being said, a player would need to take a soul stone etc out of the bank anyway so in future state the player could store them in their bank account and simply take out the soul stones and use at the inn (in case they no longer have a house).
    edited March 2021
    @TimSt

Ah, I see what you're saying now. Pic's worth a thousand words and all that. Thanks for posting!

In grid mode the rows would probably overlap the gump (and break the whole thing knowing UO) if it displayed 4 rows at once like a rectangular container. Looks like it is using the default bookshelf grid display.

If you untick grid legacy and use the expandable inventory window, I bet the vessel gump can be scaled to show all items at once like other containers. You lose that "immersive" world feel though.

I agree that list mode should show the skill and value.

Yeah, that legacy gump is, uh, something else.

You know they will add a huge gump, but restrict it to CC for some reason.
    -Arroth
    @TimSt excellent feedback... + Larisa's huge rectangular chest, it would be easier to find soulstones.

I see it's round because the container is designed to be round. In EC I prefer to use the stretchable box anyway.

Agree it should show the skills instead of needing mouseover.

But would be best if it can also have a search button (which the jewelry/talisman cabinet is missing this).

• ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    @keven2002 you can use Soulstones in your bank in Luna when you're upstairs in the Inn.
  • ZamotZamot Posts: 55
    I have an orc chieftain helmet, I tried to transfmorf to a tricorn hat and got an error saying target was invalid.  It did let me use a nose helm as a destination.  any reason why I wasnt able to do the tricorn hat?

Zamot said:
    I have an orc chieftain helmet, I tried to transfmorf to a tricorn hat and got an error saying target was invalid.  It did let me use a nose helm as a destination.  any reason why I wasnt able to do the tricorn hat?

EM helmets can not be used.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    keven2002 said:
    popps said:

@ Kyronix , please, please, PLEEEEEASE, make it work from inside a Bank Box !!

Please, make it so !!!!

@ popps - I believe this wouldn't work from a bank box (regardless of secures) because players cannot use a soulstone from their bank current day (therefore wouldn't be able to future state). You will get a message today that says something to the effect of "you must be in a safe log out location to use".

That being said, a player would need to take a soul stone etc out of the bank anyway so in future state the player could store them in their bank account and simply take out the soul stones and use at the inn (in case they no longer have a house).
    Well, in Luna it does is possible to both be in a safe log out location AND access one's own Bank Box.... so, if the Devs make it work from a Bank box, this could be achieved at least in Luna....

• ZamotZamot Posts: 55
    Pawain said:
    Zamot said:

what is an EM helmet

edited March 2021
    Zamot said:
    Pawain said:
    Zamot said:

what is an EM helmet

Any item that was given by an EM is excluded from Transmogrifying. 

Maybe this item started as an item given out at an EM Event. Otherwise it should work.

I think I have a couple of tricorn hats.  Ill try those.

I have run out of items.  I converted a Legendary wizard hat to a tricorn. I converted Brightsight to a Tricorn.

So the Orc has was accepted as the Source?

But then the Tricorn was not accepted as the destination?

I would try again.

edited March 2021
    @Seth

I did not notice the search button on the enhanced views.  Thanks for asking about them.

I tried them out and they work to find them.

Unfortunately you can not use them from the search box. 
    TimSt said:

Unfortunately you can not use them from the search box. 

This seems like a system wide design limitation, so the workaround is to use search, find and then remove it from the container in order to use. It cannot be used directly.