The New Harvester's Axe Recharging

So I have a little beef with this.  I went through lastnight and made a Runed Switch to recharge this axe thinking oh good the switch will recharge my axe and itll be fully charged.  Low and behold it did not charge my axe fully.  It only charges it 20 charges.  This is ridiculous for the amount of timme and effort and supplies you have to use to be able to recharge it.   This need to be fixed.  If you want this fixed please vote.  Lets get this Runed Switch to be a full charge or atleast way more recharges on it.
  1. Do you want more charge options on the Runed Switch?24 votes
    1. Yes
      66.67%
    2. No
        4.17%
    3. Don't Care
      29.17%

Comments

• I mean, really?  Just dbl click the axe you chop with and target the logs... to me this is a waste of picks

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I mean, really?  Just dbl click the axe you chop with and target the logs... to me this is a waste of picks

This item must be removed immediately then!

Ha it has charges.  Guess I can sell them.    Rune switch is too expensive for what it does.  And should go to full.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I didn’t test this cos I’m lazy, I’m assuming you’re able to convert logs into boards that aren’t in your backpack with this tool so you can do 60000 at a time. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Mervyn said:
    I didn’t test this cos I’m lazy, I’m assuming you’re able to convert logs into boards that aren’t in your backpack with this tool so you can do 60000 at a time. 
    no. The description of how it works is here:

Chopping with this axe returns boards to your pack instead of logs.

Wow that really blows, in that case I wish to change my vote from “No” to “don’t care”, but “yes” if pushed. 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• SkullSkull Posts: 42
    On Siege this axe would be a total waste of time.
    These forums make me log in so much I feel like a lumberjack.
  • Some things I will never understand - If I buy a battery in Real Life I even would not buy a half filled one ;) - so plz make it fullfilled if the runic switch need to be used. Thx.

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    They're always so afraid someone is going to "win UO" with certain items, makes no sense with duping still active and other nonsense, to put so much effort into something as silly as controlling how many boards you can get. Just start selling resources via in the ingame store already, lower the price of sovereigns, put as much in the ingame store as possible and be done with it already.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited November 2018
    They're always so afraid someone is going to "win UO" with certain items, makes no sense with duping still active and other nonsense, to put so much effort into something as silly as controlling how many boards you can get. 

<3 

Or how fast you can switch your suit.
  • No they're just trying to help the dying Runic Switch market.. and you guys are shooting it down before it even takes full effect.. Naysayers! The whole lot of you!

hehe.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited November 2018
    Honestly, the entire function of the Harvester's Axe is a joke. Just whack trees with a normal axe until almost 600 Stones, then use a macro that uses your normal axe on the logs, which turns them into boards, tada!
    The Harvester's Axe should be made to function like a Gargoyle's Pickaxe does, but for Wood. Bump the level of Wood harvested from a tree by one (Heartwood to Bloodwood), while having a chance to spawn a pissed off Treefellow that matches the wood type, and drops 100 logs of that type on it's corpse. High tier wood is MUCH harder to find than high tier Ore right now.

Or just have such an axe spawn on Orc Choppers, and name it an "Orcish Axe", to parallel it with Gargoyle's Pickaxes dropping off of Gargs.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321

Or just have such an axe spawn on Orc Choppers, and name it an "Orcish Axe", to parallel it with Gargoyle's Pickaxes dropping off of Gargs.
    I really, really, REALLY like this idea! Not only a chance to get higher logs, but a new reason to hunt in the orc caves
    It’s worth pointing out that you get to choose your reward and there are other options if you (for good reason) don’t appreciate this one. 

edited November 2018
    Buy another when it runs out.  The satchels and axe are great if you are pushing buttons anyway.

You have had years to do the Huntsmaster Challenge.  We are lucky the items weren't put in the UO store instead.

Post bugs when you see the devs active in the forum.  They will fix the new stuff fast if we find problems fast.
  • DerajDeraj Posts: 85
    I don't understand why this is even a thing. What is the gameplay value of having to chop the logs? There is no skill involved, no loss. The amount of time it takes is negligible. If boards had to be processed in some way that took time, gold, loss, etc, then the harvesters axe would have an apparent purpose. Even if the resource cost of runic switches was brought down, or recharging made cheaper in whatever way, doesn't the fact that chopping logs can be bypassed completely demonstrate how arbitrary it is?
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    A Harvester’s Blade
    • Used on corpses, returns all possible resources to the character’s back pack
    • Grants a 10% bonus to all resources gathered
    • Does not need to be equipped
    Harvester’s Axe
    • When equipped magically transforms logs into boards as they are harvested, placing boards in the character’s backpack
    • Can be recharged with a runed switch

What is the use of the axe when alls it really does is save you 1 step and gives no bonus like the Harvester Blade and you have to recharge the damn thing.
  • Bilbo said:
    A Harvester’s Blade
    Harvester’s Axe
    • When equipped magically transforms logs into boards as they are harvested, placing boards in the character’s backpack

What is the use of the axe when alls it really does is save you 1 step and gives no bonus like the Harvester Blade and you have to recharge the damn thing.
    not much other than saving a non script a little wrist pain i suppose
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
     B) 
  • TheoTheo Posts: 169
    Bilbo said:
    A Harvester’s Blade
    Harvester’s Axe

not much other than saving a non script a little wrist pain i suppose
    The issue is as a non script player every time you have to turn logs to boards you lost your last target on the tree you were hacking. This axe is helpful but I agree with other posters.  

First of all it shouldn’t be needed. There is no use in the same for logs so why not always give you boards?  

Second a regular axe can be used forever to hack trees - why does this one have uses? It’s dumb. 

Last if you need a runed switch to recharge it should go to full. Period. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    ...Why are you replying to 2+ year old threads is probably a better question :D 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Still valid. Harvester axe should be unlimited or full charge per switch. 
    dvvid said:
    Still valid. Harvester axe should be unlimited or full charge per switch. 
    Switches do not always fully recharge Talismans.  they are random, I've had one do 12 of 50.
  • TheoTheo Posts: 169
    keven2002 said:
    ...Why are you replying to 2+ year old threads is probably a better question :D 
    Cause I just discovered the axe and just went through the process of making enchanted switches. Whomever thought that one up was off his rocker. Nothing with that little value should be that complex to make.  I have all the crafters and all the ingredients and it took me 20 minutes of swiching and looking up ingredients and trying to find items on menus to craft some.  Thats silly. 
  • SC_UO2021SC_UO2021 Posts: 18
    I want them to dump this stupid axe and un-nerf Mellisinde’s Hatchet. Before this axe, the hatchet did the same thing with no charges.