New Vet Rewards as posted in the newsletter

2

Comments

  • GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
    sorry forgot to ask, which year will these vet rewards be attached to, and can only people with that year be able to use them?
    TY :)
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    I don't know why but I dreamed the Pet Castle would allow us to display our favorite pet lol
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,015
    edited February 2021
    Pawain said:
    Kyronix said:
    That's supposed to be Mummy :)
    Why couldn't the book strap be added to the huntmaster challenge?  The other satchels are there.

    @Kyronix - If it's not too late for this, I'd really hope you guys can consider changing this to a Huntsman challenge reward because to other's points I have at least 6 of 7 chars one just one account have 6+ books in their packs (many of my chars are human for the JOAT); and realistically I'm not going to burn more than 1 or 2 vet picks on them and honestly I'm not going to pay 40M+ to someone for each char just to condense their books. 

    Huntsman challenge would allow people who want them on all their chars to actually obtain them.

    I'd prefer the soulstone container to be a vet pick in it's place if you need a certain number of new vet rewards.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2021
    TBH the only useful item is

    Spellbook & Runebook Straps

    The rest are ok.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 224
    edited February 2021
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:
    Kyronix said:
    That's supposed to be Mummy :)
    Why couldn't the book strap be added to the huntmaster challenge?  The other satchels are there.

    @ Kyronix - If it's not too late for this, I'd really hope you guys can consider changing this to a Huntsman challenge reward because to other's points I have at least 6 of 7 chars one just one account have 6+ books in their packs (many of my chars are human for the JOAT); and realistically I'm not going to burn more than 1 or 2 vet picks on them and honestly I'm not going to pay 40M+ to someone for each char just to condense their books. 

    Huntsman challenge would allow people who want them on all their chars to actually obtain them.

    I'd prefer the soulstone container to be a vet pick in it's place if you need a certain number of new vet rewards.

    Please don't. Huntsman challenge sucks @Kyronix
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Of all of the lockdowns that need to be eased up, SS's were not one of them. Just my opinion, and I own over 100.
    You and Several Others like this.


    Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Add me to the list requesting some modification to the strap delivery method.  This is something that virtually every type of character could make use of... I know even my melee and tamers have many spellbooks and rune books in their packs that could benefit from organizing.

    1 per vet reward makes them almost unattainable for all characters.  Either you need to get several per reward pick (at least 5 on production) or there needs to be an alternative way to acquire them.  Heck, I would be ok if you put them in the store for 100 sovereigns.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,868
    Seth said:
    TBH the only useful item is

    Spellbook & Runebook Straps

    The rest are ok.
    Needs to be blessed though....
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,015
    edited February 2021

    Please don't. Huntsman challenge sucks @ Kyronix
    Even if it isn't Huntsman it should be something else (heck make it a UO store item for 100 sovereign or a treasures reward); it's unreasonable to expect someone will use 7 vet picks on the same item to equip all their chars with a "luxury" item (even if it's only 5 that is still 3 years worth of vet picks).... by luxury item I mean it's nice and would make life easier but my thought is that it won't be worth the price tag.

    Also @AtomicBetty - Sorry that you feel Huntsman "sucks" but going this route will allow you to buy as many as you want after a month or 2 of people doing it and selling the rewards. Compare that to people burning a vet pick on it... would you rather pay 5mil for this item in a few months or be paying 50mil and up forever? Let's use some reasoning here.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,308
    It's probably way to late to make changes now, but I'd have made the vet reward a book similar to the gargoyle 'mining for stone' etc books, claim the reward, read with your tailor, be able to craft the strap from leather - maybe require some tinkering skill too to make the buckle?
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    It's probably way to late to make changes now, but I'd have made the vet reward a book similar to the gargoyle 'mining for stone' etc books, claim the reward, read with your tailor, be able to craft the strap from leather - maybe require some tinkering skill too to make the buckle?
    That would be a workable fix that would allow for a reasonable quantity and give a little love to crafters in the veteran reward system.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,868
    edited February 2021
    It's probably way to late to make changes now, but I'd have made the vet reward a book similar to the gargoyle 'mining for stone' etc books, claim the reward, read with your tailor, be able to craft the strap from leather - maybe require some tinkering skill too to make the buckle?
    This also in reply to @keven2002

    Well, there is still a change that the Developers could possibly do and, I guess, quite an easy one to do too....

    Considering that 1 Account can have up to 7 characters, and likely all of them would want to use such a "Spellbook & Runebook Strap", make this Veteran Reward pick not just give 1 of these straps, but 7 straps, 1 for each of the characters in the account.... problem solved and with little headaches and minimal work involved, I would imagine...

    Oh, and by the way, to my opinion, these straps need to be blessed, too....

    @Kyronix , do you like this suggestion enough to make it come to life ?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    popps said:
    Seth said:
    TBH the only useful item is

    Spellbook & Runebook Straps

    The rest are ok.
    Needs to be blessed though....

    I believe most vet rewards are blessed...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,868
    Seth said:
    popps said:
    Seth said:
    TBH the only useful item is

    Spellbook & Runebook Straps

    The rest are ok.
    Needs to be blessed though....

    I believe most vet rewards are blessed...
    Indeed they are but hey, one never knows.... better remind it.....
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited February 2021
    q
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,156
    I also want to add because I am just sick about people saying the devs don't play the game because they need to know steps to re-produce something. 

    I posted this on Stratics but I don't know how often those are seen by the team.

    SO...in regards to the Health Bars greying out and staying on the screen even after the mob is dead:

    This has never happened to me and now I know why.

    I don't like my health bars sticking to each other so I always have them free floating so I can move them around on my screen individually. This is in the CC. 

    So when I kill a mob, it's health bar disappears, UNLESS the bars are sticking together.

    https://youtu.be/mMaX_SZnv6Q

    I know some people like to have their screens nice and neat...not me! lol 


    Also I do agree with people about the Book Straps but will wait until the content is on TC before commenting further!

  • JepethJepeth Posts: 507
    I also am waiting to see how the book strap works on the TC, but indeed will be very disappointed if it's locked behind the vet reward mechanic. Those will be super useful to all players but especially mages who are toting around a good half dozen slayer spellbooks all the time.

    Right now this is my tamer's bag on any average play session:


    Half of the limited space in the bag is taken up by books. With only four possible auto-arm macro slots I need them to be splayed out like that so I can quickly find them. Again, a solution here would simply let us have a larger UI for the backpack but I know in the past the developers have said there are technical reasons in the CC preventing this. 
  • GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
    I have a question about the book straps, I know I will check it out on TC when that comes but just was thinking, is it going to be holding all spell books at once in your chars hands all the time?
    this mean you have all slayers equipped always, or am I reading this wrong?


    As mentioned above I requested that it be blessed.  And a comment on here was the most vet rewards are blessed, I want the devs to make sure it is 100% blessed, don't exclude it being blessed on siege please.

    TY :)
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    BOOKSTRAPS will need to be tested a lot.  I have Rune Books set to different default spots and all are a different colors so I know where I am going.  If I put all my rune books together with the straps do I lose that ability or will I have to go to additional menus to get to the defaults of all my books.  This sounds nice but may not be for everyone.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,156
    Jepeth said:
    I also am waiting to see how the book strap works on the TC, but indeed will be very disappointed if it's locked behind the vet reward mechanic. Those will be super useful to all players but especially mages who are toting around a good half dozen slayer spellbooks all the time.

    Right now this is my tamer's bag on any average play session:


    Half of the limited space in the bag is taken up by books. With only four possible auto-arm macro slots I need them to be splayed out like that so I can quickly find them. Again, a solution here would simply let us have a larger UI for the backpack but I know in the past the developers have said there are technical reasons in the CC preventing this. 
    You have 3 runebooks?

    this is MY tamers backpack:



    It all depends on how the straps work but I have been playing like this for so long now I could continue without one if they are to remain a vet reward pick. I have less then 10 months to go for Shard Shields I have to save my picks! :(



  • JepethJepeth Posts: 507
    Honestly that's what my bag looked like up until I forced myself to be more efficient with my books after taking on a whole bunch more after the Invasions. I was carrying around a good half dozen runebooks, too. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,868
    Larisa said:
    Jepeth said:
    I also am waiting to see how the book strap works on the TC, but indeed will be very disappointed if it's locked behind the vet reward mechanic. Those will be super useful to all players but especially mages who are toting around a good half dozen slayer spellbooks all the time.

    Right now this is my tamer's bag on any average play session:


    Half of the limited space in the bag is taken up by books. With only four possible auto-arm macro slots I need them to be splayed out like that so I can quickly find them. Again, a solution here would simply let us have a larger UI for the backpack but I know in the past the developers have said there are technical reasons in the CC preventing this. 
    You have 3 runebooks?

    this is MY tamers backpack:



    It all depends on how the straps work but I have been playing like this for so long now I could continue without one if they are to remain a vet reward pick. I have less then 10 months to go for Shard Shields I have to save my picks! :(


    Eh, imagine what a Treasure Hunter backpack looks like with all, or most of the Treasure Maps locations mapped in Runebooks or Atlas Books... 
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 53
    I really hope these things won't be shard-bound))
  • If you're going to make book straps blessed, make sure you can only put blessed books in them or that unblessed books fall out on death, at least on Siege. I don't think this is something that can be tested on TC because I don't know that there are any unblessed spellbooks on prodo shards.

    The last thing anyone wants is more blessed items with properties on Siege. It was already messed up with the blessed invasion spellbooks. We don't want another incident like what happened with the transmog potions.

    On a separate note, as someone who spends a lot of time looking inside of player's backpacks, this could save me a few critical seconds when choosing which goodies I want, so.... well done... maybe.    
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The book straps are nice what's next weapons racks for the 9 swords i carry..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,156
    I have always carried a runebook library with me....and I still don't have everything I need :/ 

    But I feel that this strap will be just another backpack that will have to remain open on my screen so I can access what's inside just like the first aid belt. Unless they do something outrageous like creating a UI that shows every rune and spell within it...we shall see!

  • poppspopps Posts: 3,868
    Larisa said:
    I have always carried a runebook library with me....and I still don't have everything I need :/ 

    But I feel that this strap will be just another backpack that will have to remain open on my screen so I can access what's inside just like the first aid belt. Unless they do something outrageous like creating a UI that shows every rune and spell within it...we shall see!
    But I feel that this strap will be just another backpack that will have to remain open on my screen so I can access what's inside.....
    And what would be then the point to have these straps if we then have to have yet another open container litter up our screen besides out main backpack ??

    No way.... if they will work like this they will be, at least to my opinion, useless....

    Nope, the way I see it, they need to "absorb" the spellbooks and Rune/Atlas books into them basically becoming as one, and then offer a Menu that includes all the contents of the spellbooks/Rune/Atlas Books that one enbedded into them.

    Only in such a way, to my viewing, they would truly become usefull as long as one will be able to then set different Macros for different runes contained into these straps or spells, of course...

    But it needs to be something whereas the individual item, be it a spellbook, runebook or atlas bok ceases to be a thing and all the contents gets "absorbed by these straps having then a Menu or interface to access the contents....

    What I am trying to say is that they need to be THE container for all the contents, spells and runes inside, NOT yet an additional container for the containers that are spellbooks, runebooks and Atlas books.

    At least, that is how I see it to make these straps being of any use....

    Otherwise, I will rather keep having spellbooks and rune/Atlas books in my main backpack rather then having to use an additional layer of another strap container that will hold more containers which are the spellbooks, rune or Atlas books...
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 507
    Ah, see, baby steps here. Let's just finally get the container which we can feel safe putting our precious blessed books into. Expanded functionality or one that gives a benefit beyond the organizational could come later.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,754
    The problem with absorbing the spell books is you lose the unique slayer capabilities of the books. I carry a minimum of 20 slayer spell books with me and equip the one I need to fight a particular mob.

    Ideally the straps will bring the item count down to one so I can collect 19 more loot items.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,780
    edited February 2021
    I have a feeling that these are going to be a blessed container like the bandaid belt.

    You will have to hold the slayer book in hand to get that slayer. Or we would carry a 50% book and get the slayer from the bag, not gonna happen.

    TimSt said:
    The problem with absorbing the spell books is you lose the unique slayer capabilities of the books. I carry a minimum of 20 slayer spell books with me and equip the one I need to fight a particular mob.

    Ideally the straps will bring the item count down to one so I can collect 19 more loot items.

    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
Sign In or Register to comment.