We need a better presentation of UO's unique selling points + feature/update history

I've come across many returnees that simply have no clue about the features, as they are buried in publish XX and such. Many of UO's deep and rich features are hidden. I've met 10+ vets now who were wandering west brit bank and had no clue there is vendor search, customizable housing, extensive animal taming with training, etc. To currently playing vets the features may seem obvious, but to players who were gone for 10-15 years, the game is super complex. There is so much to learn if you've been away for that long, it's mind-boggling. Never mind the challenges new players face.

In terms of features, Ultima Online is currently the best sandbox MMORPG out there. Hands down. But its unique selling points are nowhere clearly stated. I think we need a presentation that lists the most important features, plus we need a sort of "big features  added in a nutshell" of the last 15 years for returnees.*

*Ah, I found out there is something like this here: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/a-summary-for-returning-players. This should be sent out in a second batch to all EJ accounts. It could do with some images though, the years as headers plus titles that summarize what that year signified (2015: Release of Dino expansion Eodon), plus at least one-sentence descriptions for anything linked stuff (shadowguard, skill masteries, etc., are just links.. it doesn't say simply what they are..)...

A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.

Comments

• InLorInLor Posts: 354
    Also... the already existing page can use some info on even older updates for people who left between 2003 and 2006.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Have you pointed any of these returnees to the updated town cryer system?  Some of the more recently added features are addressed there  (some with quests) and I believe most if not all of them also have links to the wiki for more information.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    No, I hadn't I wasn't quite aware. I will now. :)