PvE Template for New to Siege

So I am trying to gear up on siege and it is more difficult than I had anticipated. Does anyone have a good PvE template that I can use to farm myself decent gear? My necro/mage requires to much on a suit already for me to squeeze luck on there. Do bards work well and does anyone know a solid bard template they would share?

Comments

• InLorInLor Posts: 354
    Well, provo/music and magery plus spellweaving is nice. Swap spellweaving with discord sometimes (soulstone).

Join a guild and ask for help. Like Gilfane. :)
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    Tamer is probably one of the lowest maintenance PvE templates in the game, tho it takes a bit of time to train up unless you buy a Mythic Token. Mystic is great also.

At the moment, there are bags of loot from level 7 treasure chests at the EM house a couple screens north of Britain Moongate. Might be something useful in there :) 
  • So I am trying to gear up on siege and it is more difficult than I had anticipated.
    What are you trying to gear up for? PvM or PvP? For a caster template or a dexxer?
    Depending on your answer there is a huge difference in what you will be farming...

• Tanager said:
    At the moment, there are bags of loot from level 7 treasure chests at the EM house a couple screens north of Britain Moongate. Might be something useful in there :) 
    EJ chars can't access secure containers so unless those bags in the EM house are somehow special they wouldn't be able to access them...
  • I am not EJ, fully subscribed. Looking to farm Gold and those new artifact items that drop off mobs. Want to own a tower one day and bring my guild here from other games hopefully. I just dont want them to start until EJ has some sort of storage.
  • fair enough. Would you prefer playing a dexxer or a caster type? Solo or group oriented?

For dexxers there's the obvious choice of Sampire - there's little content you won't be able to do with that once you have figured out how to play them. This is probably the most effective alround template but they require actual player skill for highend stuff. There are also less popular but equally effective dexxer templates like mystic dexxer or necro dexxer that also work very well with the right template and gear.
    Pure paladin templates while very effective require too much playerskill and to make things worse too much high end gear which is why I wouldn't recommend those for Siege.

For caster types the usual necro mage, mystic mage and spellweaving mage templates or combinations of those make sense but it will be harder to solo highend content with them. They are great for spawns though, especially during the early stages. During the later levels and for the boss sampires usually outdamage them but they're still a viable option.

Tamers can be played with both dexxer stats and caster stats although people tend to prefer the low dex variation and combine it with casting skills. Eversince the taming revamp there is little content you won't be able to do on a tamer with the right template and pet build. Tamers are not that effective for spawns but you can still do them. They will easily outdo casters on the high-end single boss monsters though.

In groups all of the above can be effective. For strict solo play I would probably recommend the sampire but it will take a lot of practice and playerskill for the real highend content like Shadowguard... and I mean A LOT of practice and playerskill.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    I am not EJ, fully subscribed. Looking to farm Gold and those new artifact items that drop off mobs. Want to own a tower one day and bring my guild here from other games hopefully. I just dont want them to start until EJ has some sort of storage.
    Great to hear! Welcome!
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    EJ cannot post here, so I assumed he was subscribed when I made my suggestion.
  • right...forgot about that one...my bad
  • CriticalCritical Posts: 17
    edited April 2018
    My faves:

Necromage / weaver
     - champ spawns best char
     - abyss spawns best char
     - corgul best char for the mobs
     - ranged DPS for any boss fight
     - massive xhealing capabilities (gets you looting rights if your DPS is bad)
     - Doubles as a PvP char

Bushido Archer
     - Typically highest DPS for 1v1 mob fights (necromages with 100+ sdi and a slayer vs weak fire resist will outdmg tho)
     - 1000 luck every time you kill an enemy with max perfection, stackable with suit/statue luck
     - If you play it right, you won't ever get hit by melee mobs so its better than a sampire IMO
     - Doubles as a PvP char
  • FreelsyFreelsy Posts: 70
    I completely agree with Critical. Necromage/weaver's are killer. With all the slayer combinations, you can take on some tough foes and be just fine. Also, almost all artifact drops have some sort of LRC/LMC on them. That makes resuiting very easy for a caster type.

but if you want the easiest PVE character. It has to be the tamer. With ROT, you can get taming up quite quickly. If you put effort into it, you could 120/120 a tamer in a month.
  • Thank you for all the input. Think I am going to do necro mage as I have played that before.
  • I've heard that the Beggar/Herder template, or as I've heard some call it "Berder" is hot right now. Throw Camping and Forensics on and max out Intelligence and you'll be rolling in gold. *nod*