Save the Gems Campaign - A use for Item Identification

I was looking at Item Identification and noticing how when using the skill it will tell you what a particular item will unravel into, and I couldn't help but think of how it could be turned into a bonus for imbuing. You could create a relationship similar to Arms Lore for the rest of the crafting skills, where Item Identification could give more materials during unraveling, and a bonus toward the crafting. 

Just a thought, to help bring the skill into usefulness and help us save the precious gems!
Tagged:

Comments

• FeigrFeigr Posts: 453
    Love it.
  • Or they could just remove the skills. Templates are cramped as it is.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    If it meant a meaningful chance at better item loot I'd figure out how to put it onto my treasure-hunter.

If it meant that everyone in the party got a 10% extra chance of Shadowguard drop if I had GM Item ID on my template I'd -definitely- find a place for it.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited February 2021
    Or they could just remove the skills. Templates are cramped as it is.
    Not a good idea to remove skills for Ultima Online....

Why ?

Because the more skills there are, the higher the chances that there might be players wanting those skills and needing Soulstones to store them on....

And when Soulstones are sold, Revenues are generated for the upkeep of Ultima Online....

So, actually, the more the skills there are, the better for Ultima Online, to my opinion....
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    @Beedle
    Add it to the thread I already created for this exact topic about a week ago before this thread is closed as duplicate https://forum.uo.com/discussion/8106/possible-use-for-item-identification#latest Thanks!
  • BeedleBeedle Posts: 10
    @keven2002 Thanks for the suggestion, but this is a completely different use of the skill that I thought would be useful.  If they close this as a duplicate, they'd be missing the point entirely. 
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    popps said:

Why ?

Because the more skills there are, the higher the chances that there might be players wanting those skills and needing Soulstones to store them on....

And when Soulstones are sold, Revenues are generated for the upkeep of Ultima Online....

So, actually, the more the skills there are, the better for Ultima Online, to my opinion....
    Wonder how many use a expensive soul stone to store a useless skill....
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 453
    vortex said:
    popps said:

Why ?

Wonder how many use a expensive soul stone to store a useless skill....
    My plan is to use a soulstone to move the skill to a character that I'm not using.  

6xCharacters can hold 42 not 100 skills.  or 36 120 skills.

That's why I suggested a stat stone so I can adjust the stats on one character everyday and just use it alone.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    @Beedle - The point was to add uses for Item Id...which is what your post is about.... what are you talking about it's completely different? lol