[UO][EC][Macro] Claim and insure "clicky" gift with a single keystroke.

Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
edited February 2021 in General Discussions
So, since the Classic Client has had scripts available for years allowing people to instantly claim and insure gifts from clicky holiday statues, I thought I'd provide a simple macro for EC users to level the field.

First, empty your main backpack to 0 items. (It must be your main backpack and your main backpack must be empty for the macro to function properly.)

Next, drag "Store Default Object 1" onto a hot bar. With your main backpack empty and open, click SDO1 and target your main backpack icon on your paperdoll. Your main backpack (where the clicky gift will appear) is now stored as Default Object 1. You will receive a system message confirming the storage of DO1.

Create the following macro:

Target Nearest Object 
Use Targeted Object
Target Default Object 1 (DO1 must already be stored!)
Target First Item
Toggle Item Insurance
Wait for Target Cursor
Cursor Target Current

Save the macro and drag it to a hotbar slot.

Go stand beside the clicky gift statue so that the statue is the closest object to you.

Make sure your main backpack is empty (0 items) and open.

Execute the macro.

Since you used "Toggle Item Insurance", the cursor will target the gift item, then return to a targeting cursor. Be careful not to click on your gift again or you will un-insure it.

If players are leaving objects around the statue to mess up the "Target Nearest Object" portion of the macro, just remove that portion. Manually clicking the statue and executing the auto-insure portion of the macro via hot-key is entirely doable. (Or store the clicky statue as Default Obejct 2 and use Target Default Object 2 instead of Target Nearest Object in the first line of the macro.)

P.S. @Thieves..... :p
-Arroth

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    i got all mine at Atlantic without macro, the thief was guard whacked. I think it's easier to shout guards?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • @Seth

Plans are worthless, planning is everything. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

There are multiple facets on a jewel.   :p 
    -Arroth
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Seth said:
    i got all mine at Atlantic without macro, the thief was guard whacked. I think it's easier to shout guards?
    That only works if they are caught.  I yelled guards after mine on Atl was stolen and the thief then yelled guards to taunt me.

One on Pacific got whacked as I was entering the area because the guard saw him.

If they are good, you do not see a message that an item was stolen.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    That only works if they are caught.  I yelled guards after mine on Atl was stolen and the thief then yelled guards to taunt me.

One on Pacific got whacked as I was entering the area because the guard saw him.

If they are good, you do not see a message that an item was stolen.
    Oops, noted, I guess I got lucky!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs