Plunder beacons

Hiya!

I've navigated under multiple facet and find like one beacon per hour. Did they change the spawn rate or am I missing something?

Thanks

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    Some days your lucky to find a couple it seems then other days you’ll find 3 at the same time 
    I read that you need to destroy all the pirate and merchant ships to get the beacons to spawn 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited July 2020
    Skett said:
    Some days your lucky to find a couple it seems then other days you’ll find 3 at the same time 
    I read that you need to destroy all the pirate and merchant ships to get the beacons to spawn 
    Seems like the case. Where there are ships the area around has a chance to spawn. And after scuttling a few, sailing around the area will have chance to bump onto them. But then some times its still luck as you said, and perhaps depend on how we comb the area.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    This has been totally screwed up for about 3 months now since they turned 'off' the soulbinders.   You can spend 3-4 HOURS cruising tokuno and not find one, nor any pirates, sometimes logging in and out fixes it, sometimes taking out a merchant ship fixes it, other times you just go and come back another time. 

You can cross the server line, track and not see a single ship, cross back over and recross and all of a sudden 5 'boats' will appear, you take a one pirate back and come back to find the other 4 'boats' have totally disappeared again.  It was commented on before but as per usual no comment from the devs or any fix.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    All ships (Plunderbeacons, Merchant, etc etc) work off the same spawn system.  Any ship that spawns has a chance to be a Plunderbeacon, so getting more to spawn (i.e. blowing up other ships) is your best bet to getting to seeing them on the High Seas.

If you continue to have issues or you think there may be something not functioning as expected please submit a bug report to bugs@uo.com with the date, time, shard and facet you are experiencing the issue so we can investigate.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    Thank you 
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    *hits like button*

Wait wrong forum. Would some one flip the switch for this please 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    @Kyronix, Should the blunder beacons despawn at the same rate as merchant and pirate ships? Right now the beacons do not appear to despawn until server up in the morning.
    Actually I don't like despawn... lol. Twice the plunderbeacon vanished before my eyes just when I spotted it and was about to get ready for the first hit. Would be good of the AI can spot a player is nearby and hence reset the timer to despawn or disappear.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Tough to find them on LS.  You have to sink pirate ships over and over till a Beacon spawns.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I’d have to double check about despawn, but the plunderbeacon employs sophisticated orcish sonar that prevents it from despawning when enemies have entered firing range.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    There has been a problem since the soulbinder spawn was turned off.  Prior to that whenever you went pirate hunting you ALWAYS found at least 2-3 boats (tokuno) south of the docks over the server line and plenty of beacons.  Now you can cross the line and find NONE, then as I said above muck around for ages just trying to find one.  

This was a thread created back in April on the same issue:  https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/40395/#Comment_40395

@Kyronix I think you can see there is some kind of problem with the spawn.  It happened back at the beginning of April as per that thread and has been continuing since.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Kyronix said:
    All ships (Plunderbeacons, Merchant, etc etc) work off the same spawn system.  Any ship that spawns has a chance to be a Plunderbeacon, so getting more to spawn (i.e. blowing up other ships) is your best bet to getting to seeing them on the High Seas.

If you continue to have issues or you think there may be something not functioning as expected please submit a bug report to bugs@ uo.com with the date, time, shard and facet you are experiencing the issue so we can investigate.
    @Kyronix ;

Can you please clarify whether, if any Ship under that same spawn system, that is, Pirate, Merchant, Plunder Beacon is NOT tackled by any player, it then after some time (how much time ?) "de-spawns" and respawns again as something else ?

Let me make an example to better clarify myself....

Let us assume that in a given spawn area there is a total of 10 Ships, and let's say that of those 6 are pirates, 3 are Merchants and 1 is a Plunder Beacon.

Does the system work in a way that, after X time that those "other" 9 Ships have spawned can "de-spawn" and have a chance to spawn as a Plunder Beacon even if no player attackes them ?

Thanks for the clarification ! 
    MissE said:
    There has been a problem since the soulbinder spawn was turned off.  Prior to that whenever you went pirate hunting you ALWAYS found at least 2-3 boats (tokuno) south of the docks over the server line and plenty of beacons.  Now you can cross the line and find NONE, then as I said above muck around for ages just trying to find one.  

This was a thread created back in April on the same issue:  https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/40395/#Comment_40395

@ Kyronix I think you can see there is some kind of problem with the spawn.  It happened back at the beginning of April as per that thread and has been continuing since.

Go to LS. There are always ships and rarely beacons. I've spent an hour and more sinking ships and only have found 1 beacon.
    The feedback is appreciated, please submit a report as I indicated above.  Thanks!
    edited July 2020
    I think we need to have complex plunder beacon sonar as a drop from those dynamic event... It functions like those guys standing a Zento Docks that report current location of pirates.
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    This is what I submitted:

Hi!

I've noticed it became really hard to find plunder beacons on Lake Superior. I do the Merchant and Orc ships but rarely a beacon spawn. I use the tracking navigation skill and more often I find other player's ships than enemy ro fight. I can navigate more than 30 mins before finding an enemy ship.

Thanks
    I have been doing regularly recently and they do spawn in same area around where other ships spawn. 

If understand correctly, when you scuttle ships, it could respawn another ship or the beacon. If it happens to be a beacon  then you need to comb the area to find it. But if there are other players in the same area, they may spot it earlier and sink it before u even find it.

So normally when I spot another player in the same region, I would just leave and find another place to hunt. 

It is similar to the Cu Sidhe... you will need to either tame or kill the existing Cu Sidhe to spawn a color that you like. Assuming the area is 10 times as big, and the next Cu Sidhe is spawn near another player then too bad.
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    edited December 2020
    Kyronix said:
    The feedback is appreciated, please submit a report as I indicated above.  Thanks!
    I did that on this day (July 15) and got no confirmation email or whatever and the problem is still there.

Can you increase the spawn from Orc Ships, Neutral Ships and Beacon please.

And while you're here, is it possible to set a filter on the tracking so we can stop track player's ship in Trammel at ;least. We find more player's ship than ennemies ...
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited February 2021
    I was going to create a new thread but luckily remembered seeing this one.

I've spent the good part of the past couple hours and about 3-4 hours yesterday (mid-day) sailing around Tokuno (south of docks as noted by MissE) looking for Plunderbeacons to destroy to get a head start on my trade cargo (for hopefully a cool new usable item in the market) and I only came across 2 yesterday and none today. I've come across probably 15-20 orc ships in that period which I've destroyed them all hoping something else spawns no luck. 

@Kyronix - Looks like bugs have been submitted for this but I'm still seeing the same issues as outlined by the others above. I'd also like to point out that in my 5-6 hours of sailing so far I haven't seen a single merchant ship which would at least be a nice consolation prize if I can't find the beacons. Have you looked into the spawn rate? Is there anyway we can get it bumped up as we look to obtain new stuff from the black market?

**Edit - Can we also look at making the "start tracking" command only track NPC ships?? Since we cannot plunder player ships (at least in Tram/Tok), it seems like it only clutters/throws off tracking of viable ships to scuttle. I get all these trackers for players ships empty in the middle of the seas (or along shore).
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    When I saw the name of the March event, I pulled my ship my out of drydock and went hunting yesterday in Tokuno waters. I recall Kyronix mentioning that the Bucs Pirate would be getting new rewards sometime in the future so I am stockpiling cargos as well.  I found one Beacon and after destroying it a 2nd one popped up on same screen. I also found 2-3 Orc pirates. What I hope to see is an increase in neutral merchantmen. After the Rising Tide event cycle I never had to mine or lumberjack or farm hides again! 
    I've logged about another 3 hours sailing since my post and I've come across 2 more beacons (I saw a third but I think it was bugged**) and another 12 orc ships but still no trade ships. From what I can tell I'm the only ship sailing around. It just seems like the ratio is off... hoping @Kyronix is able to bump up the beacons AND trade ships ahead of the upcoming new content to allow people to be proactive.

**the bugged beacon was very weird. I chased an orc ship which ended up sailing into it where I was able to kind of pin it with my ship. All the crew were on the beacon but probably within 3-4min of me shooting the orc ship to scuttle it; the beacon looked like it blew up and was completely gone (again all orc crew were still there before it suddenly disappeared). Had it not been for my journal showing Orc Crew and the krackens/sea serps/water eles around I probably would have thought I was seeing things. 
    Id rather have Pirates and Beacons. Trade ships are just in the way.  
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Personal observation is a pirate ship has a greater chance of spawning when you sink either a pirate or trade ship and an equal chance when a ship naturally despawns on its own. That or the RNG hates it when I go trade ship hunting for crafting resources.
  • Sometimes I like to scuttle pirate ships, disarm the pirate captain and just leave the ship there.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yarrrr (done in me best Garr Grimbeard voice)  some rules for piratin!!
    1.you pirate in Fel no pesky other player ships takin up ye trackin (and if der is ye sinks em)
    2. we takes no prisoners you see innocent crew members i see's cargo....
    i nevers waste me time wit da plunder beacons i cans kill 2 ships getting more cargo whilst ye does one .... 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    2.  Beacons give a Mythical crate which is worth 10x more than the next highest. Ships do not give Mythical crates.  
    keven2002 said:
    From what I can tell I'm the only ship sailing around. It just seems like the ratio is off... hoping @ Kyronix is able to bump up the beacons AND trade ships ahead of the upcoming new content to allow people to be proactive.

I was looking for this and you have said what I wanted to say. I think they need to create more area and also increase the number of plunder beacon for the upcoming event. Back last year when I was playing, whenever another player is in the same region, I prefer to hop to another area so that I don't have to fight with him over a beacon. Now when this is a new global event, I assume there will be more players per region...
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Sailed around for 2 hours last night, destroyed 15 plunder beacons. 
    A guy on LS hunts them every night and makes gates for cannon shots. He plays for 4 to 6 hours he probably finds 5 or 6 a night.
    Violet said:
    Sailed around for 2 hours last night, destroyed 15 plunder beacons. 
    What shard and where if you don't mind me asking? Very possible I'm looking in the wrong place (I had great success in Rising Tides just going south of Tok docks; but that isn't the case now).