What taming changes/features would you like to see?

Here are some of mine:

• Pet training reset scroll. You get to respend point, and even add power scrolls (so long you have the points). Could be a cash shop item and/or champ loot.
  • Pet power scroll extractor. Also cash shop and/or champ loot. It does what it says: extracts the power scrolls from a pet. Skills revert to their new max (100).
  • All pets can be trained till their 5 slots. This would be fun for diversity.
  • Pet collar. Pet collars have properties like player items have: faster casting, swing speed increase, etc. The intensity would have to be kept reasonable to avoid overpowering pets. Fairly rare loot.
  • Behavior setting: allows you to turn use of skills/abilities/spells on and off, and also set some basic behavior based on mana left of pet and also target. For example: word of death use when target hp <30%, or armor ignore use only if mana is 40% or more. 
  • Pet age: shows pet age in years, months, days. It would be very cool if age would come with a bonus. For example, 3 luck points per month in pet age. 
  • Pet titles. Acquired in various ways. Can be gotten through scrolls or when pets defeat (equals looting rights) a particular monster. Would also be cool to have a prefix based on the aforementioned age to with wisdom/age: the ancient, the wise, the weathered, the experienced, etc.
  • In CC: don't have the pet hp bar disappear when you mount the pet.
A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.

Comments

• North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    I'd like to see more ridable pets, especially ones there's already ethy graphics for. 
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited April 2018
    North_LS said:
    I'd like to see more ridable pets, especially ones there's already ethy graphics for. 
    Agreed: expecially the live Serpentine Dragon!
  • ThalonThalon Posts: 61
    edited April 2018
    I have several pets with full XP bars but they are only partially trained because I have not acquired the needed Power Scrolls yet.  I receive constant messaging on the pet's XP gains even though the bar is full. Would love a "disable messaging" option in the Pet Training menus.

I like the idea of more fluff for pets, but not adding equipment stats on top of Training and Power Scrolls. Maybe more variety in consumables like the "Tasty Treat" temporary stat booster.
    Thalon, Merchant Sailor of Pacific for fine Tools, Clothing, and Potions!
    Blacksmithing, Carpentry and Inscription services offered through afilliated subcontractors.
    Exotic beasts available with proper authorization from the Crown.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I would like to have a new pet command 'seek', when thus commanded the pet would actively use detect hidden, at a range determined by their current skill points, to attempt to find hidden elite ninjas, trapdoor spiders or kepetch ambushers; therefore raising the skill that is currently simply sliding backwards with each pet death with little to no chance of recovering the points.

Not entirely sure whether the skill should work on hidden players. A decision for greater minds than mine. :D
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    • Pet ghost speed to 125% of top speed.. right now it seems to be at 50% of top speed or something. Ghost pets are annoyingly slow.
    • Regarding the behavior setting panel: have 3 behavior modes that you can save. That way you can easily switch gears with your pet (focus on AoE abilities for example, etc.)
  • BomburBombur Posts: 14
    I'd like to see a viable 1 slot pack pet combination, maybe not super powerful end game, but the idea of a Hound/Pack master is fun to me. Or a combination like Beastmaster, with different pets adding versatility to builds.
    Bifur, Bofur, and Bombur!
  • BubblegumBubblegum Posts: 41

here's one, INCREASE THE PET SLOT HOLDING FOR TAMERS!!  instead of 5/5 slots, allow us to have 6/6 or even 7/7 slots. not too much. don't want us TAMERS to run around with 2 DRAGONS killing everything. (big grin).

I just believe with the new pet training, and the ability of making them jump to 5/5 makes us, alittle gimp. I mean when I got my dragon out. he runs fast to the mob, and i'm like limping along to catch up.  Just add an extra slot to our bar, so I can ride a Ethereal mount (1slot pet), so I don't get left behind. cuz I run slow as crap.

Wildfire

edited April 2018
    Bubblegum said:

here's one, INCREASE THE PET SLOT HOLDING FOR TAMERS!! 

(...) 

Just add an extra slot to our bar, so I can ride a Ethereal mount (1slot pet), so I don't get left behind. cuz I run slow as crap.

I totally agree. Add at least a "Special E-Mount Slot" to let the Tamers to use an Ethereal. They have been nerfed enough, for BT sake, let at least them to be able to fight mounted... :)
  • BubblegumBubblegum Posts: 41
    Ivenor said:
    Bubblegum said:

here's one, INCREASE THE PET SLOT HOLDING FOR TAMERS!! 

(...) 

Just add an extra slot to our bar, so I can ride a Ethereal mount (1slot pet), so I don't get left behind. cuz I run slow as crap.

I totally agree. Add at least a "Special E-Mount Slot" to let the Tamers to use an Ethereal. They have been nerfed enough, for BT sake, let at least them to be able to fight mounted... :)

"Bubblegum Likes this"

Wildfire

• InLorInLor Posts: 354
    Bubblegum said:

here's one, INCREASE THE PET SLOT HOLDING FOR TAMERS!!  instead of 5/5 slots, allow us to have 6/6 or even 7/7 slots. not too much. don't want us TAMERS to run around with 2 DRAGONS killing everything. (big grin).

I just believe with the new pet training, and the ability of making them jump to 5/5 makes us, alittle gimp. I mean when I got my dragon out. he runs fast to the mob, and i'm like limping along to catch up.  Just add an extra slot to our bar, so I can ride a Ethereal mount (1slot pet), so I don't get left behind. cuz I run slow as crap.

I've wished for this too sometimes. Probably a nice idea and wouldn't cause any gameplay trouble (in terms of balance). It would make the tamer's life a bit easier.
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    I loved it when I could control a bunch of WW's, I would mark a rune then gate there and wait for a PKer to try to kill me then get 5 or so WW's munching on him.  The only way to tell there was so many WW's was the shadow, it was black. :D
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Same thing was done with Dragons, it was so funny seeing little boys go screaming and pooing their pants.  Poor little PKers needed a diaper change, LOL
  • EyeEye Posts: 91
    Taming changes...
    1. Hybrid pets / crossbreeding
    2. Pet riding deed
    3. Randomization of skills, damage type and resists.
    4. Paragon CUs should start attacking other mobs, not just players with -ve karma
    5. Let pets eat blue scrolls...

Eye said:
    Taming changes...
    1. Hybrid pets / crossbreeding
    2. Pet riding deed
    3. Randomization of skills, damage type and resists.
    4. Paragon CUs should start attacking other mobs, not just players with -ve karma
    5. Let pets eat blue scrolls...

1) to 4): nice and good. 5)... NO WAY!!! ;)
  • 1. Get rid of the dumb fake difficulty on challenging beasts, 1 in 20 angered the beast doesn't make any sense when a Legendary tamer should have the skills to tame it without angering it. Or have it scale, such as gm tamer 1 in 10, legendary 1 in 5. Its just a method to make it harder for no reason.

2. Have pets scale for training. Training a bake kitsune should not have to need the same high level monsters to train as other higher end pets. Weaker creatures should gain a lot faster. Example, a frenzied ostard should gain fast off of ogres and stuff, because even at fully trained, all they will fight are ogres anyways.

3.  Its so very boring having to train skills of pets on certain monsters, just let them raise on anything. welp..gotta raise this pets wrestling, lets go kill pigs, now wolves, now ogres, now eles, now whatever. Its obtuse and boring.

• oops necro thread, wasnt paying attention.